Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconFan13

Whats the plan at LB?

After just looking at the roster and depth chart from what i can tell we only have 2 LB's on the entire team that would actually make it on the team.  Debo at MLB and Foye at WLB.   We have no players behind them for depth and not 1 SLB on the entire roster starter or depth.     We atleast gotta get 3 more LB's at the minnimum between FA and draft right?   3 starters and 2 players as depth for all 3 positions is what im thinking at the very least.    Now the we got Fowler im much more inclined to go for a LB in round 1 and looking at a guy like Chassion, Murray, Queen, or Baun.   I really had no clue we was that low on players or even bodies at LB over the last few weeks. 

Just now, RYNE said:

We better figure one out. I’m not as pumped as the rest of you about Foye. 

LB is thin this year. Idk the answer 

Yeah im pretty pumped on Foye after watching him i like a ton of what i seen from him.  He for sure outplayed Campbell to me last year and was our 2nd best LB.   With that said thats still a scary setup with only 2 on the team lol. 

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Yeah im pretty pumped on Foye after watching him i like a ton of what i seen from him.  He for sure outplayed Campbell to me last year and was our 2nd best LB.   With that said thats still a scary setup with only 2 on the team lol. 

Campbell should have been rushing the passer a lot more in my opinion. I don’t think we used him well. 

13 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Campbell should have been rushing the passer a lot more in my opinion. I don’t think we used him well. 

This is something me and you both 100% agree on as i don't think Cambpell was good in coverage and always tackled alot downfield after the play was made.  I do on the other hand thing he was a capable pass rusher more than we showed. We went away from his strengths which made little sense to me.  If we are dead set with getting pressure with the front 4 only then we need to go after a legit coverage SLB that can play good run D as well.   If we plan on trying to get more pressure then a guy like Chassion or Baun is probably the move.

This might be the prefect draft to trade down in as well with our needs as they are.  If Chassion doesn't fall to us then those other 3 LB's + Fulton, Henderson, and Diggs + Swift, Dobbins, and Taylor are all slated to go mid to late 20's or early 2nd round based on most boards i've seen.  Yes i know those boards aren't always accurate but their a good base for us to work off of lol.

48 minutes ago, RYNE said:

We better figure one out. I’m not as pumped as the rest of you about Foye. 

LB is thin this year. Idk the answer 

Why not exactly?

Just now, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I'd be down for that. Murray is a monster I still can't believe he isn't rated higher.

Me and you both im actually pretty high on all of the LB's we can get in the late 1st.  Murray, Queen, and Baun are all very talented players and it's even possible Chassion might fall a little bit to the early 20's although im not sure if it would chance that if he is there at 16.  But depending on the type of SLB we want Chassion might not even be the go to guy if we prefer a Coverage and run defense type of guy instead of a pass rusher.

If there are any Ohio State fans out there why hasn't there been more hype around Malik Harrison?  He tested very well at the combine and has the requisite size and length people covet at the linebacker spot.  I've only seen highlights but I wouldn't mind taking him in the second round

Just now, Em_Jae20 said:

If there are any Ohio State fans out there why hasn't there been more hype around Malik Harrison?  He tested very well at the combine and has the requisite size and length people covet at the linebacker spot.  I've only seen highlights but I wouldn't mind taking him in the second round

Malik is a legit player and someone maybe even us will get a superb talent in round 2.   One of my friends on a football mock site has us taking Chassion round 1 and Harrison round 2 and i honestly didn't complain about it because those are 2 very quality players.  We could still target a CB in round 4 and a RB in round 3 and be ok.  Even if we didn't target a RB this year and went DT instead i think we would be fine for 1 year. 

I for one am not worried at all about LBer Ulbrich has helped turn Deion Jones into one of thee best LBers in the NFL coached Campbell into a solid nfl Pro and grabbed a late rounder Foye Oluokun and turned him into the same.

Ulbrichs a good coach man I for one am not worried about LBing position at all.There are plenty of options out there and we don’t need superstars all over this defense.

I think guys like Shaun Bradley(TEMP),Willie Gay JR(Miss State),Quarterman,and Crowder(UGA) and be had in rounds 4-6 and make an impact. Crowder is my sleeper, 6'3 233 former RB, who played good for UGA the last 2 seasons 

Lots of decent stopgap options still out in free agency as well. 

Just now, abcranford2 said:

I'm wondering if they have considered moving neal to linebacker. 

I am wondering this as well but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

He was from the 5-2. What messed us up was having 185 lb Rico next to Debo when 230+ Keanu went down 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Em_Jae20 said:

I like him a lot & NFL draft tracker comparing him to KJ Wright. 

Edited by falconsfan4life3

Posted (edited)

CHAISSON!!!!!!!!!!! AT 16 OR UCHE/ HARRISON AT 47

They already knew Campbell was hitting free agency... give Ulbrich another explosive LB... you gave Tupoi his edge guy maybe another.  Whitt got a young secondary to mold night add another corner and/or safety. Give Simpson another DT hopefully one at least 6'4 310... all thru the draft. 

This team as a whole is about to be very good. I have been optimistic since Blank said "continuity and Rich McKay was going to be back involved. 

RISE UP AND SCREW THE HATERS

Edited by GATXBOI

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Me and you both im actually pretty high on all of the LB's we can get in the late 1st.  Murray, Queen, and Baun are all very talented players and it's even possible Chassion might fall a little bit to the early 20's although im not sure if it would chance that if he is there at 16.  But depending on the type of SLB we want Chassion might not even be the go to guy if we prefer a Coverage and run defense type of guy instead of a pass rusher.

I'm not high on Chaisson but I do think he could thrive as a true Leo here.