Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JDaveG

Inside LB -- am I missing something?

I have Oluokon, Jones and Ahmad Thomas, who I didn't even realize was on the team, at ILB.

Do we have to take a LB high in the draft or are we rolling with Jones and Oluokon and counting on one of the OLB/DE guys to step in at SAM for base packages?

There’s plenty of guys we can move on early or late.Ive even heard coach Ulbrich say he’s enthused by how many LBers will be out there to select from.

We’ve been connected with Baun and Chaisson been interviewed I believe there’s 2 options right there in the early rounds as possibilities.

There is quite a bit of underrated LB talent in this draft. My favorite SLB prospect is Uche (for value and talent purposes), but there are a bunch of other guys who would be great backers for us. 

- Joshua Uche, Michigan

- Malik Harrison, Ohio State

Troy Dye, Oregon

- Zack Baun, Wisconsin

- Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

- Akeem Davis-Gaither, App State

- Mykal Walker, Fresno State

Posted (edited)

I love Patrick Queen and was really hoping to snag him in the 2nd. Unfortunately his combine and the fact he plays for the best school at producing LBs in the NFL has him sky rocketing up boards into the 1st round.

Malik Harrison could probably be had in the 2nd round which I would not be mad at. Zack Baun is a DOG too as a 3rd option.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

28 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I have Oluokon, Jones and Ahmad Thomas, who I didn't even realize was on the team, at ILB.

Do we have to take a LB high in the draft or are we rolling with Jones and Oluokon and counting on one of the OLB/DE guys to step in at SAM for base packages?

I REALLY hope they do not try that hybrid stuff.

Keep Fowler and Takk's hand in the dirt and let them  just get up field. If we draft a pass rusher at 16.... do the same for them.

I think/hope/ pray/ doing rain dance for that we sign/draft a true SAM and let them do their thing,

Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I'd love Queen in a slight trade back scenario. He's going to be a great LB. His read and reach skill are elite. He's flying up the boards though. 

+1

If we could move down to the early to mid 20s and grab him while adding a 2nd or 3rd & 4th that would be awesome. He's one of my favorite players in this draft.

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I'd love Queen in a slight trade back scenario. He's going to be a great LB. His read and reach skill are elite. He's flying up the boards though. 

I’d like this scenario if LB Kenneth Murray is gone at 16. 

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

There is quite a bit of underrated LB talent in this draft. My favorite SLB prospect is Uche (for value and talent purposes), but there are a bunch of other guys who would be great backers for us. 

- Joshua Uche, Michigan

- Malik Harrison, Ohio State

Troy Dye, Oregon

- Zack Baun, Wisconsin

- Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

- Akeem Davis-Gaither, App State

- Mykal Walker, Fresno State

Hope we can land one of these guys in rounds 2-3

1 hour ago, Precyse said:

Where is Jermaine Grace? And nobody wants Isaiah Simmons if there at 16? 

I forgot about Grace.  I also didn't see him on the roster.

1 hour ago, TheHeartless said:

We have a better chance of a meteor wiping all life on Earth out before the draft than Simmons falling to 16 is why.

Lmao think positive. Laws of attraction

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I forgot about Grace.  I also didn't see him on the roster.

Found this from November 2019

Falcons release Jermaine Grace, Ryan Allen

The Atlanta Falcons announced Friday that they have released linebacker Jermaine Grace and punter Ryan Allen.

Grace, 26, was a standout for the Falcons in the preseason and has played in every game for Atlanta this season, primarily on special teams. Allen, 29, joined the Falcons during their bye week and played in four games with the team, showing a propensity to pin opponents deep in their own territory with coffin-corner punts.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-release-jermaine-grace-ryan-allen

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

That’s a good question. Maybe Neal plays some SAM. Maybe Fowler does some. My guess is we draft one around the 3rd. SAM’s don’t usually come early like that because the league is a passing league. You can even catch a decent SAM in the 5th. It’s middle and wlb that go pretty early 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s a good question. Maybe Neal plays some SAM. Maybe Fowler does some. My guess is we draft one around the 3rd. SAM’s don’t usually come early like that because the league is a passing league. You can even catch a decent SAM in the 5th. It’s middle and wlb that go pretty early 

That’s where flexibility to not take a RB in round 3 or 4 and instead be able to take a SLB prospect comes in play; based on BPA. We may draft both still. One would think Foye will play base defense snaps moving forward (WLB) and sub-packages.

I could see us skipping iOL or RB until round 4 and going:

CB, DT, SLB...but who knows. FA just started. :ninja: Lol

Part of me wonders if we land a DL pick early at all. CB depth on roster seems really thin and good value at 16 exists right now; unless Kinlaw or Chaisson is there...even then we may trade down still.

Edited by Schwarzwald

41 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

Now that I think about it, wasn't he released following a blocked punt? 

Yeah, Grace was released about 2/3 of the way through the season after allowing a blocked punt.

We'll definitely draft Campbell's replacement sometime in the first four rounds. Then look for us to bring in a platoon of UDFAs, XFL guys, and veterans to battle with Thomas for the 4th and 5th LB spots in training camp.