Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goober Pyle

Schultz: Buzz aside, Todd Gurley’s knee ‘very bad;’ Falcons can’t assume much

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Glad I'm not the only one over this clown lol

All he does is cry and ramble on about how we need to draft 1000 DT's and put them all next to Grady or no matter what we do we're doomed.

Failing to realize that all the moves we've made in free agency so far actually free us up to do that.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

All he does is cry and ramble on about how we need to draft 1000 DT's and put them all next to Grady or no matter what we do we're doomed.

Failing to realize that all the moves we've made in free agency so far actually free us up to do that.

Yup.  He just wants to be miserable.  The Eeyore of the forums. Clown.

If it's marketing headline the Falcons want, then why don't they draft swift? I think the marketing impact of drafting Swift would be so much better than signing Gurley.

1 minute ago, rudy said:

If it's marketing headline the Falcons want, then why don't they draft swift? I think the marketing impact of drafting Swift would be so much better than signing Gurley.

Because we didn't have to use a draft pick to get Gurley? And a 1st round RB is still not worth it.

1 hour ago, Goober Pyle said:

(Beasley’s 15.5 sacks in a Pro Bowl 2016 season affirmed his ability. Then his head got into the way, but that’s another story.)

I'd like to hear a little more about this...

1 minute ago, rudy said:

I disagree.   Gurley is already considered a superstar on the NFL scene - how many commercials have you seen him in?  Gurley has been in more commercials in the last year than the entire Falcons roster in the last 10 years.

Obviously the injury dampens the buzz but Gurley is Box-Office and his is the #1 story in NFL today - even if the injury is talked about predominantly.

Now, drafting Swift may be the better move (debateable) but no question Gurley is the bigger story.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Because we didn't have to use a draft pick to get Gurley? And a 1st round RB is still not worth it.

But we still be set at RB next year.... and right now is the so called "window"

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I disagree.   Gurley is already considered a superstar on the NFL scene - how many commercials have you seen him in?  Gurley has been in more commercials in the last year than the entire Falcons roster in the last 10 years.

Obviously the injury dampens the buzz but Gurley is Box-Office and his is the #1 story in NFL today - even if the injury is talked about predominantly.

Now, drafting Swift may be the better move (debateable) but no question Gurley is the bigger story.

I'd bet you $.50 that Swift will have a better year  LOL

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

This really is Steven Jackson 2.0

A pure PR move meant to drum up interest in a mediocre product.

Steven Jackson was 47 when we signed him. This is a wee bit different 

I am a fan of Brian Hill. 

Gurley at $5M for 1 yr is not a horrible move.

This gives us a good tandem at RB, and TG doesn't have to carry the load.

We also have Ollison, who showed us some power / goal line running last season

True - the knee could be a problem before the end of the season, but again - not that much invested

And yes - TG will sell tickets.

I can live with this.

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

I'll take him over Freeman, like everyone said it's a one year deal. Let's us kick the RB can down the road or hope for Qadre to turn into something. 

What a perfect back for Ollie to learn from this year as well. I think it was a solid signing. It’s not like we are a running team. I can see him getting a bit more carries then freeman got. 12-15 a game.

I think it’s a steal and certainly a low risk move. Really hope he comes out and proves all of these pundits wrong though- he still has some juice left.

9 minutes ago, rudy said:

I'd bet you $.50 that Swift will have a better year  LOL

Yeah but that is not the question you set out - you said who was the bigger "marketing headline".

Now you are moving the goalposts.