Gurley has chance to be Comeback POY

Yes he gas arthritis that wont go away, and will only get worse. 

We will be running a RB by committee, which still make him A LOT more efficient. 

He also has a chip on his shoulder now, and brings a lot rmti the team outside of his running. 

- His blocking is one if the best in the leage for a non-OL player. 

- His presence in the passing game will make losing freeman a non-issue. Gurley is arguably a better pass catcher than Freeman.

- Whether its through the air, or on the ground, we just got arguably the best red zone RB in the league. He can carry guys past the goal line as a runner, or use his big body like a TE or WR through the air in the red zone. 

Most impirtantly, thisballows us to spend every pick on the defense in the draft, except maybe a WR or IOL at some point. 

With their jobs on the line, TD and DW have jnicked the offseason of the park. 

Our remaining needs are(in no order):

- SLB

- CB (probably 2)

- DL

- WR (mid-late rounds)

- IOL

It really allows us to go BPA in the draft, and I could see us trading up for CB Jeff Okudah now as our CB1, as he would really be an improvement over Trufant, and take our defense to a whole new level with his coverage and tackling. 

The NFC south us going to be FUN, and I could see us having 3 teams from the division in the playoffs with the field being expanded to 7. 

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He had a sorta down year (800ish yards) but I'd only see him winning with a 1500+ yards rushing year. That won't happen in a Koetter offense unless the defense is holding people and he just drains clock then second half.

I said in another post, the run game lives and dies on the availability of Lindstrom. if he can stay healthy Gurley has a chance. If he can't stay healthy apparently the run game will go down with him unless dirk learned how to scheme all of a sudden

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He had a sorta down year (800ish yards) but I'd only see him winning with a 1500+ yards rushing year. That won't happen in a Koetter offense unless the defense is holding people and he just drains clock then second half.

Some people are forgetting that Koetter started looking a lot better once that defense took off in the second half. 18 points per game allowed over the last eight games will help any offense. Even a Dirk led one. We had one of the worst first half scoring offenses in the first half of the season. Can Dirk pick up the slack and impose at will? IDK right now but history says not really.

I'm prepared for Dirk to keep Dirking but I have higher hopes with a Raheem Morris led defense.

Just now, The Don™ said:

Some people are forgetting that Koetter started looking a lot better once that defense took off in the second half. 18 points per game allowed over the last eight games will help any offense. Even a Dirk led one. We had one of the worst first half scoring offenses in the first half of the season. Can Dirk pick up the slack and impose at will? IDK right now but history says not really.

I'm prepared for Dirk to keep Dirking but I have higher hopes with a Raheem Morris led defense.

We def improved 

Offense

First 8 20.63ppg

Last 8 27 ppg

I just mean it as he doesn't run much. He likes to air that bish out.

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Freeman had nearly 1100 yards from scrimmage last year in 14 games.

If Gurley stays healthy he will have a chance to have 15-1600 yards from scrimmage.

When the defense played better we got more balanced. I expect that to continue

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'm talking purely rushing not combined.

I would rather see combined.

I think Ollison gets more carries this year so that is going to eat into Todd's carries...and I am sure Ito or the back that we draft will get some touches.

I fully expect a more committee approach.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I would rather see combined.

I think Ollison gets more carries this year so that is going to eat into Todd's carries...and I am sure Ito or the back that we draft will get some touches.

I fully expect a more committee approach.

Yeah I'm not talking what I wanna see dude I'm talking what would get CPOY.

18 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

We def improved 

Offense

First 8 20.63ppg

Last 8 27 ppg

I just mean it as he doesn't run much. He likes to air that bish out.

Right. With the weapons on offense, Dirk should be putting up those numbers all season. I understand slow starts to the season but there's no room for historically bad starts next season. The defense will come back down to earth a little but Dirk has no excuse to not put up AT LEAST 25 points a game.