Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't think that the draft plan has changed tbh.

We still need front 7 help....we still need depth in the secondary and Oline)

We still need depth on the Oline.

I am not sure that we were going DE or RB in the first.

Second round:
Zack Baun, 3-4OLB, Wisconsin
Height: 6-2. Weight: 240. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 9.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
Projected Round (2020): 1-3.

or:
Terrell Lewis, 3-4OLB, Alabama
Height: 6-5. Weight: 254.
Projected 40 Time: 4.71.
Projected Round (2020): 1-3.

38 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

It really depends on the plan for Neal. Like if they feel as though he could be a S/LB hybrid, then CJ Henderson in round 1 makes a ton of sense. If not, maybe Kenneth Murray is our guy. Kinlaw could be there, and again he might not. 

Maybe TD gets creative and moves some picks around so we can grab a few picks, like a late first with a few 2nd round picks.

This is the question I've been asking myself. If healthy could we move Neal to LB? That way you take care of a position of need from the inside. Then we could fill the other three glaring holes in the first three rounds. CB pass rush in whatever form and OG in whatever order but CB will be addressed in the first or second.

FROM MY BED

Trade back to 20ish in the first and get OLB Murray Oklahoma and a second and a fourth

2nd CB N. Igbinoghene Auburn

2nd DE/DT  Raekwon Davis Alabama

3rd NT Leki Fotu Utah

4th OG  Bredson  Michigan

4th C/G Walt Harris Washington

4th S  J REED Georgia

6th BPA at RB

7th QB from Princeton

53 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I like Queen. LSU is LB central and he fits the mold of what we like. Him with Deion and Foye would be flying all over the place.

Problem is that Queen is flying up draft boards now that he ran that 4.5 at the combine and likely can't get him unless its with our 1st.

As a 2nd round guy I wouldnt mind grabbing him a d drafting DT or CB with the first. I get a little nervous of him kind of like Duke Riley. 

Dont get me wrong Queen looks to be alot better but same school and same kind of back story with the 1 year start.. 

The better teams tend to go BPA over reaching for a specific need.  Unless a guy like Okudah falls I see no reason to trade up just stay put and take the best player at 16 (aside from QB)

Any combination of DT, iOL, CB, and LB. 

I would love to find a way to get a few of the following: Cesar Ruiz, Jonah Jackson, Javon Kinlaw, Justin Madubuike, Ross Blacklock, Joshua Uche, Malik Harrison, Jordyn Brooks, Jaylon Johnson, Amik Robertson, Terrell Burgess, Antoine Winfield Jr.

Even if we have to trade back, I want to find a way to get 4-5 picks in the top 100. 

2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I’d put needs in this order

CB, LB, DT, LG/OC, WR/Ret

i feel like LB is more of a need cuz we legit dont have a starter for slb but at least at corner we have bodies

13 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

i feel like LB is more of a need cuz we legit dont have a starter for slb but at least at corner we have bodies

Front 7 is wayyyyy more pressing than corner as of today.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I can easily see Lto and Hill being shown the door.

Maybe, but I don’t think we take another 4th/5th round RB...we have 3 on the roster...

So where does that put us? Do use valuable draft capital in the 1st or 2nd round after signing Gurley?

I think my option is the more likely situation until someone is shown the door...

Rememver, we did an original round tender on Hill and drafted Ollison last year...

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Maybe, but I don’t think we take another 4th/5th round RB...we have 3 on the roster...

So where does that put us? Do use valuable draft capital in the 1st or 2nd round after signing Gurley?

I think my option is the more likely situation until someone is shown the door...

Rememver, we did an original round tender on Hill and drafted Ollison last year...

Hill can get the axe at any time. He could have been the plan if the Gurley thing fell through.

I don't think we will use a high pick on a RB, but I could see a mid rounder being paired with Gurley like Anthony Mcfarland to give us that thunder and lightning backfield.

Kick Lto and Hill, save 3 mil and roll with Gurley, Mcfarland and Ollison.

5 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

We have 4 RBs on the roster plus a FB. We didn’t even want to dress 3 RBs last year...

We won’t draft a RB

That's the sad part because this draft class is deep and good at RB. Instead we opted to sign Gurley who may not be able to finish the season. Then next year we'll be looking for RB all over again.

18 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

We have 4 RBs on the roster plus a FB. We didn’t even want to dress 3 RBs last year...

We won’t draft a RB

I wouldn't say any of the guys from last year are roster locks. The tender on Hill can be withdrawn. 

What intrigues me about this draft with the shoring up of DE, TE and RB - is there are soooo many choices/strategies in the early rounds now and none of them are necessarily wrong.

PassRushing DT,  EDGE(DE/OLB), CB, OL, LB   are all huge needs.    Falcons should be able to take their highest rated player at one of those positions and it still likely to be their highest rated player - period.

To me if Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Simmons, Okudah, Chaisson aren't available - it's obvious to me that a trade down would be in order.  I just don't see the point in trading up for any of those guys as we just don't have enough draft capital to do so and have much of a draft other than that one player.    Would rather trade down than up if one of our preferred targets doesn't fall.

4 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

FROM MY BED

Trade back to 20ish in the first and get OLB Murray Oklahoma and a second and a fourth

2nd CB N. Igbinoghene Auburn

2nd DE/DT  Raekwon Davis Alabama

3rd NT Leki Fotu Utah

4th OG  Bredson  Michigan

4th C/G Walt Harris Washington

4th S  J REED Georgia

6th BPA at RB

7th QB from Princeton

Get well my friend