Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'd prefer we go after a RB in the draft like Swift because Gurley's knee is a question mark. Not to say any rookie RB won't

go down with an injury but Gurley has a history. And this year is a good year to get good value at RB.

 

Having said that, this move allow us to focus more on our defense.

I'd say we go CB first then BPA at the following:  LB, DT, DE, OL

 

Edited by rudy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our biggest needs right now are CB, LG and LB. I wouldn't be surprised if we still pick up another edge guy, DT and RB but those secondary needs now given what we've done in FA. I can't see us trading up to be honest as we've only got 6 picks now - if anything I think a trade down is still more likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

CB, DT, LB, OG are our biggest needs.

I'd expect in some order those to the top 4 picks unless someone falls that is a huge steal. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we also still snagged another RB since we have an extra 4th.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With these investments shoring up the OLine is the first priority. We can't be the most sacked team again and invest in a RB with injury history to put behind a shaky line. 

That's not to say OL will be our first pick, but we definitely need to know that after the draft, we'll have a talented group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ramonezy said:

With these investments shoring up the OLine is the first priority. We can't be the most sacked team again and invest in a RB with injury history to put behind a shaky line. 

That's not to say OL will be our first pick, but we definitely need to know that after the draft, we'll have a talented group. 

Probably will be our 3rd. Gotta go defense first 2 rounds. DT and CB most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Biggest need right now is a DT, but I have been saying for a while now that I believe TD is going to get Okudah.

Is it though? I'm not so sure. The majority of the DT snaps in base are still going to Grady and Davison. In sub packages you'd figure Cominsky is going to be getting those Jack Crawford snaps. Bailey is still on the roster and maybe Clayborn still comes back - both of those guys had snaps inside last year. Senat is still the forgotten man.

I think we could upgrade if there is someone like Brown or Kinlaw on the board and we definitely need some more depth but I don't think it's as big of a need as LG, CB or even LB at this point. We literally have open starting spots at those three positions so to me they'd have to go down as our biggest needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st round grab Kenneth Murray or K'Lavon Chaisson as LB at that spot! 

I think you have a small list of LB in this draft same with CB. 

the DT have alot of players 10 guys that I think can come in and do work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you trust Gurley? and still go after another RB in the later round?

What if Gurley goes down in the middle of the season and we're like 6-2 on our record?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Our biggest needs right now are CB, LG and LB. I wouldn't be surprised if we still pick up another edge guy, DT and RB but those secondary needs now given what we've done in FA. I can't see us trading up to be honest as we've only got 6 picks now - if anything I think a trade down is still more likely.

I’d put needs in this order

CB, LB, DT, LG/OC, WR/Ret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Is it though? I'm not so sure. The majority of the DT snaps in base are still going to Grady and Davison. In sub packages you'd figure Cominsky is going to be getting those Jack Crawford snaps. Bailey is still on the roster and maybe Clayborn still comes back - both of those guys had snaps inside last year. Senat is still the forgotten man.

I think we could upgrade if there is someone like Brown or Kinlaw on the board and we definitely need some more depth but I don't think it's as big of a need as LG, CB or even LB at this point. We literally have open starting spots at those three positions so to me they'd have to go down as our biggest needs.

I think DT is the biggest need right now, because we haven't got a consistent push up the middle. Grady can't do it all, and if we added another stud there, it would be a game changer.  I don't want to spend another high draft pick on an OL. Put Gono there and see if he can handle it.  We need DL, CB, & LB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really depends on the plan for Neal. Like if they feel as though he could be a S/LB hybrid, then CJ Henderson in round 1 makes a ton of sense. If not, maybe Kenneth Murray is our guy. Kinlaw could be there, and again he might not. 

Maybe TD gets creative and moves some picks around so we can grab a few picks, like a late first with a few 2nd round picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

1st round grab Kenneth Murray or K'Lavon Chaisson as LB at that spot! 

I think you have a small list of LB in this draft same with CB. 

the DT have alot of players 10 guys that I think can come in and do work!

I like Queen. LSU is LB central and he fits the mold of what we like. Him with Deion and Foye would be flying all over the place.

Problem is that Queen is flying up draft boards now that he ran that 4.5 at the combine and likely can't get him unless its with our 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

With these investments shoring up the OLine is the first priority. We can't be the most sacked team again and invest in a RB with injury history to put behind a shaky line. 

That's not to say OL will be our first pick, but we definitely need to know that after the draft, we'll have a talented group. 

we do need a C for next year as Mack may retire... unless he resign for another year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FA isn't over, but as of right now corner is so clearly our #1 need that I don't see how we go anywhere else in round 1. I get that its a relatively deep class but I don't see us risking it and waiting until our 2nd pick unless someone like Brown, Simmons, Okudah drops far enough to make us want to jump.

Looking at Henderson or Fulton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we still need to try and trade back. I would like to at least get another 3rd.

1.(from Philly) C/LG Cesar Ruiz 

2. DT Jordan Elliott 

3a. OLB Davion Taylor/Akeem Davis-Gaither 

3b. CB Reggie Robinson 

4a. WR James Proche 

4b. RB 

7. BPA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We go 6-2 without Trufant and everyone thinks CB is a first round need? LOL

Unless we have a shot at Brown or Kinlaw, I would trade back and grab Kenneth Murray, then do what it takes to get Gallimore or Blacklock with second pick. Spend our 3rd on a CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

We go 6-2 without Trufant and everyone thinks CB is a first round need? LOL

Unless we have a shot at Brown or Kinlaw, I would trade back and grab Kenneth Murray, then do what it takes to get Gallimore or Blacklock with second pick. Spend our 3rd on a CB.

Good point. I'd prefer Brown then Kinlaw but I doubt they'll be there at 16. Therefore CB would be the first pick unless we trade up for Kinlaw or Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

We go 6-2 without Trufant and everyone thinks CB is a first round need? LOL

Unless we have a shot at Brown or Kinlaw, I would trade back and grab Kenneth Murray, then do what it takes to get Gallimore or Blacklock with second pick. Spend our 3rd on a CB.

CB's on the roster right now = Oliver, Sheffield, Jordan Miller & Jamal Carter. Jordan Miller is also suspended for the first 4 games. It's definitely a need and probably more so than LB, given we're in sub packages 70% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I’d put needs in this order

CB, LB, DT, LG/OC, WR/Ret

Looks about right. I'd also add RB to the list as regardless of what happens this year Gurley is probably 1 and done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...