Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boise Falcon Fan

TD Has Done a Masterful Job this Offseason

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Architect said:

I agree. He's made some good moves despite being tight with cap space.

And yet we have plenty of folks who are all giddy like women in a shopping mall.  Yeah, lets sign Clowney next & oh looky there, lets sign that one too!  :rolleyes:

We've done plenty at this point & nobody saw any of this coming.  Pretty impressive so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Fowler has one year of actual production. That's not something true of most FAs

And given TDs track record with DEs Fowler has Ray Edward's written all over him

A broken down RB, a one hit wonder DE, and an under utilized and older TE, yea not impressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree! This offseason shifted my view of TD. I gave him a lot of **** which was warranted, but you can’t deny he isn’t swinging for the fences this year. Cut all the fat, and brought in some nice pieces. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Hurst was overshadowed on his team. Was there extenuating circumstances, or was he just not that good, and we got swindled? It's really hard to know

Hurst got hurt and Andrews played well so they left him the starter. Plus they are a run first team who’s QB isn’t the most accurate. Hurst will be close to Hoop in production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

To me the only concern with Hurst is his severe depression.  Attempting suicide in college is no joke.  But he seems on a solid path the last few years

Did you not listen to the interview somebody posted on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't get the trufant cut... for 5 million saves we are not going to find a starting Cb.. for me that is still a issue... but so far he is doing good.. if he can just get a proven CB then I would be really happy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Hurst was overshadowed on his team. Was there extenuating circumstances, or was he just not that good, and we got swindled? It's really hard to know

I think hurst is good. He’s better paired with a traditional qb tho. Which is perfect for him in atl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

I still don't get the trufant cut... for 5 million saves we are not going to find a starting Cb.. for me that is still a issue... but so far he is doing good.. if he can just get a proven CB then I would be really happy...

We have starters. Just need depth. Still will most likely add a vet or 2 and draft someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is what cap **** looks like sign me the he’ll up every year.

Now can the we can’t afford it brigade STFU and let the FO who actually no what there doing do there jobs lol.

So when TD and Rich McKay come out and say we have to be creative and don’t be surprised if we are active in FA do actual fans listen or is it back to Sportrac and OTC for more BS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

And given TDs track record with DEs Fowler has Ray Edward's written all over him

A broken down RB, a one hit wonder DE, and an under utilized and older TE, yea not impressed

Meh, being cautious, and deciding he'll fail from the onset are very different

You and I are not the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Gurley is a TD machine.  His yardage 

• 1,300  10 TD

• 1,200   6 TD’s

• 2,100  13 TD’s

• 1,850  17 TD’s

• 1,100   14 TD’s
 

On a one year deal there are few real question marks on Gurley

Nope. I’d rather enter the draft needing a RB and wind up over drafting one/missing out on another position because the roster was more full of holes...it’s ONLY logical!! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

And given TDs track record with DEs Fowler has Ray Edward's written all over him

A broken down RB, a one hit wonder DE, and an under utilized and older TE, yea not impressed

You would have cried no matter what happened because you're a cry baby. You must be a blast at parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

I still don't get the trufant cut... for 5 million saves we are not going to find a starting Cb.. for me that is still a issue... but so far he is doing good.. if he can just get a proven CB then I would be really happy...

Tru was designated a June 1st cut, which means he actually saves us 10.7M in cap space... but we have to wait till June 1st for that money to be available to us.  That is just in time for the post draft wave of free agents where, inevitably, some valuable lower cost vets become available.  I am sure some CBs will be among them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hjerry said:

Fowler has one year of actual production. That's not something true of most FAs

I look at the Fowler piece as exactly that a piece of the puzzle not a one man saviour for pass rush.

Ill echo this but like last year the FO is putting pieces in place now it’s up to the coaching staff to maximise what’s been given.

If you ask me as of right now I have more faith in the Morris/Ulbrich combo than I do of anything on thee offensive side of the ball.

DQ too me is still a question mark.He needs to pull this thing together and getting it too work as a cohesive unit in all 3 phases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Just want a legit defense for once! We need to be able to get after the QBs in this division. Also it will give us flexibility in the draft.

We had one in 2017, unfortunately we didn't have an offense to capitalize on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same ole Falcons.  Everything is so perfect.  Best moves ever made.  Just like every year... last season was a fluke... just like the one before it and the one before it... in fact with this team going to a superbowl could be called a fluke... lol...

 We sign players coming off injuries year after year and are always cash poor.

Not much has changed.  Lets see if we score an A+ for the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Same ole Falcons.  Everything is so perfect.  Best moves ever made.  Just like every year... last season was a fluke... just like the one before it and the one before it... in fact with this team going to a superbowl could be called a fluke... lol...

 We sign players coming off injuries year after year and are always cash poor.

Not much has changed.  Lets see if we score an A+ for the draft.

Fowler played 16 games last year

Hurst played 16 games last year

Gurley played 15 games last year

 

You're an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Just want a legit defense for once! We need to be able to get after the QBs in this division. Also it will give us flexibility in the draft.

We do it’s just been hiding away being mis-used.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

To me the only concern with Hurst is his severe depression.  Attempting suicide in college is no joke.  But he seems on a solid path the last few years

It's no joke at any point in time. It's only a concern if he starts to withdraw. Otherwise, you only make things worse by treating him like he has the plague and threatening to take away probably one of the few things that keeps him sane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Architect said:

I agree. He's made some good moves despite being tight with cap space.

Seriously.. We already made more moves than I thought we would. Not only that I like the contract numbers/terms across the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...