Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boise Falcon Fan

TD Has Done a Masterful Job this Offseason

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Fowler has one year of actual production. That's not something true of most FAs

Clowney has never had 10 sacks in a season and is searching for 20m+. 

What has Teddy Bridgewater done to deserve 20m+ a year? Beasley got 9m. Campbell got 8.5 Could go on and on.

Welcome to FA. 

22 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah, at one year 5 mil I dont see the problem. Managed correctly, there is no downside. 

agreed.. great pickup.. i think TD is doing a terrific job this year.  the key to free agency is to make deals where you are not forced to reach for a guy to fit a need.. beasley is a prime example of why that is a bad idea..

I agree that TD has done about as well as you could hope out of this off season. Of course, I thought the same last off season.

If the Falcons can get a true game changer on defense in the draft, this could be a solid team cpable of making a deep run.

Just now, hjerry said:

Most of that will go toward draft picks, and having extra funds for injury signings during the season

The $10M is the money saved from Tru.  That isn't necessarily all of our cap space.

10 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Hurst was overshadowed on his team. Was there extenuating circumstances, or was he just not that good, and we got swindled? It's really hard to know

To me the only concern with Hurst is his severe depression.  Attempting suicide in college is no joke.  But he seems on a solid path the last few years

34 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Hurst was overshadowed on his team. Was there extenuating circumstances, or was he just not that good, and we got swindled? It's really hard to know

I believe his injury set him back. With Julio,Ridley,Ryan he will put up numbers comparable to Hoop. 

41 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Hurst was a starter until injury like Coleman here.

Just gotta give credit to Andrew's for taking that spot and running with it just like Free.

10 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

If they have a killer draft, then sure. This team has to hit in a big way with their picks. 

I'm not so sure. We have upgraded or at least replaced our cut players from the 6-2 late season run without Desmond. I think we can draft BPA and special teams aces.

Just now, *TMo* said:

I'm not so sure. We have upgraded or at least replaced our cut players from the 6-2 late season run without Desmond. I think we can draft BPA and special teams aces.

The defense still has question marks and we really don’t know how the offensive line is going to perform. Getting Fowler, Gurley, and Hurst didn’t remove those concerns. They were good pick ups for sure. However, Atlanta can’t hit on only a few guys in the draft and expect to be SB contenders. 

Just now, hjerry said:

Well to be fair, it is sweet

So far it has been pretty good honestly. 

fowler has to do what he showed last year. However the talent around him isn’t as good. 

gurley has to be cheap and surprise people with his health. I have no idea how they did their homework during these times. 

Hurst deal I think was awful. He wasn’t worth a second.

I did like all the cuts we made. It was what I predicted and people acted like I was crazy. 

Time will tell. Now we have to nail the draft 

Not gonna lie, this feels like 2014 a little....bringing in a broken down back...Jackson was a boss but no longer a great back when he came to us...Gurley is the man, but he should hang it up so he can walk 10 years from now. I figure he thinks play until his knee is caput, and then get a knee replacement.

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

TD is killing the off season right now!

Definitely like what he has done and how he has done it, not to mention the team may have three extra drafts picks next year.

Not sure how he has fit Fowler and Gurley in under the Cap, and still have money for this year's draft picks, without releasing Bailey, Schaub, and designating Freeman a June 1st cut? Maybe he has restructured some contracts and has just not made it public. Think teams had to be under the Cap by March 18th, not sure if they have to stay under until the season begins? Maybe Bailey will be released at a later date?

At any rate the Falcons have themselves a star-studded Offense. Half of the offensive roster were 1st-Round picks (11). Should we have expectations for what Keotter can do with this group?

11 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Definitely like what he has done and how he has done it, not to mention the team may have three extra drafts picks next year.

Not sure how he has fit Fowler and Gurley in under the Cap, and still have money for this year's draft picks, without releasing Bailey, Schaub, and designating Freeman a June 1st cut? Maybe he has restructured some contracts and has just not made it public. Think teams had to be under the Cap by March 18th, not sure if they have to stay under until the season begins? Maybe Bailey will be released at a later date?

At any rate the Falcons have themselves a star-studded Offense. Half of the offensive roster were 1st-Round picks (11). Should we have expectations for what Keotter can do with this group?

Bailey is due 750K  this weekend so his release should be coming here shortly.