Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ADAMSVILLE GYM

Todd Gurley 2019 highlights

People saying he’s done are crazy. He’s not worth what they were going to have to pay him. But he should be worth all of what we intend to pay him. 

Take a look at both of their stats that last 3 years. 

Gurley had 3413 rushing yards and 54 TDs
Freeman had 1,589 rushing yards and 14 TDs.

*TD totals include receiving TDs  

One of my bigger concerns with the loss of Hooper was the 6 TDS he caught last year and red zone production overall. I’m no longer concerned since Gurley is a TD machine.

He might miss 1 to 2 games a year, but his production is phenomenal when on field. We’ve got some capable guys behind him if he’s out a game or two

I’m not trying to disguise the fact Free missed 14 games in 2018. I’m highlighting overall production and Gurley is a production beast. My biggest concern is Gurleys 8 fumbles in last 3 seasons 

I just liked where he cuts and goes, none of this wiggle waggle ****. Not mention TG is a **** good mentor to the other backs. Sony and Chubb both mentioned how helpful Gurley was to them, learning game preparation and work ethic. One year deal it's worth the experiment. This isn't 30-year old SJax at the end of the line. This 25-year-old TG30 getting 18-20 carries 4-6 passes mixed in a game with a rotation with Ito and whoever. If he is healthy and it falls into place play-action passing game will be sick, Hurst, Jones, and Ridley should feast.

1 hour ago, putnam6 said:

I just liked where he cuts and goes, none of this wiggle waggle ****. Not mention TG is a **** good mentor to the other backs. Sony and Chubb both mentioned how helpful Gurley was to them, learning game preparation and work ethic. One year deal it's worth the experiment. This isn't 30-year old SJax at the end of the line. This 25-year-old TG30 getting 18-20 carries 4-6 passes mixed in a game with a rotation with Ito and whoever. If he is healthy and it falls into place play-action passing game will be sick, Hurst, Jones, and Ridley should feast.

What really excites me about our offense now, is we have strength at RB churning out production runs at LOS, and we have long ball hitters in Ridley, Julio and now Hurst.

As soon as a defense keys in on stopping Gurley with an extra defender in the box, Ryan has 3 receivers in his base package (Julio, Ridley and Hurst) who can get separation in man and burn the defense for a long TD. If the defense keeps a defender over the top to help prevent the long TD, just keep feeding Gurley.

In other words, defenses are going to have to protect 100% of the remaining field on every single snap. No area of the field is safe. You have to protect against the potential of any of the 3 base package receivers getting past your defense. 

Man oh man do I hope Lindstrom and McGary have full healthy training camps and seasons. McGary has a chance at a quantum leap in play after the difficult path he had last year getting out of the gate.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

All I'll say is the key to a solid run game is a healthy Lindstrom. I pray he stays healthy this upcoming season 

Another bright spot is that McGary was surprisingly good at run blocking as well

1 minute ago, Drvillain said:

Another bright spot is that McGary was surprisingly good at run blocking as well

From center to right side the line should be good to go in theory