Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caponine

Todd Gurley Signed!!

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

That's a great deal for both sides,did not want a multiyear deal. Don't want a multiyear deal next year either.

Now, fix the defense in the draft, team could be set for a solid year.

If he has a great sason, they most likely will 

1 minute ago, kenn.junior said:

what are you talking about you just said he was broken down when he got here nothing about him doing bad when he was here lol you just gonna switch it up. who knows what would of happen if he didnt get hurt in the 2nd game its just bad luck that he got hurt here i dont even remember if he ever got hurt on the rams 

YOU DONT REMEMBER? Youre gonna say we have bad memories but you dont remember. Youre just making stuff up bro. He was hurt, he was bad. Just like Gurley. again, GTFO

The year before he came here :

Sep 16, 2012 Jackson leaves game with Hamstring injury later designated as groin. The St. Louis Rams were fined $20,000 by the NFL last month for failing to report running back Stephen Jackson's groin injury

5 minutes ago, Dirtier Bird said:

If they had a decent offensive line in front of them, Noodle Arm, Screw Foot, Jello Knee, and Ridley if healthy, would cause great fear in the hearts of their opponents. 

:lol:

19 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Let me say this about Gurly.... I would not have did it... Just get a young cheap option in the draft... I get it tho... it will put butts in the seat

Now do I think he can have a 1200 yard 10 TD season.... I do...  What scares me is I don't want that to trick this team into thinking he can consistently be that guy then resign him to a big deal with them knees.

Exactly where I’m at with Gurley also!

24 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Seems like a Ray Edwards 2.0 & Steven Jackson 2.0 type of year, all in one. I’m guessing it is due to the year. So far, 2020 is shaping up to be a disappointing season. 

Not quite he's still much younger than Steven Jackson.... let's hope his knees hold up

8 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I'm not going to say it..... but.... I will say this, we had to get a WORKHORSE RB! After no longer having Freeman and Coleman anymore. 

Then we still do

Gurley isn't a workhorse

SWEET!!!!!  Have to have bodies that come from places other than the draft.  Like I said yesterday, Gurley means you can draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round....or even lower.  The roster spot is taken care of.  Fans will be hyped to have him here, sure he will be motivated as well.  GREAT move, likely a budget one too.

2 minutes ago, runshoot said:

YOU DONT REMEMBER? Youre gonna say we have bad memories but you dont remember. Youre just making stuff up bro. He was hurt, he was bad. Just like Gurley. again, GTFO

The year before he came here :

Sep 16, 2012 Jackson leaves game with Hamstring injury later designated as groin. The St. Louis Rams were fined $20,000 by the NFL last month for failing to report running back Stephen Jackson's groin injury

Totally different Jackson was in the league fur a while before coming to Atlanta... Gurley will be fine.. we're about to ball

45 minutes ago, thethirdtate said:

Sometimes this group makes me sad to be a falcons fan. Some of y’all seem to just never be satisfied no matter what they do lol. They could draft Jesus as the starting QB and someone would yell bust haha 

I was thinking the same thing. Even if this team wins the Super Bowl, some of these guys would be like, "well we only ran for 75 yards, we only had 2 sacks, etc." SMH

1 minute ago, spanish_falcon said:

Bad decision. He's done, and the Rams have known for 2 years, since the SB run. Melvin Gordon should have cost similar $ and is way better.

Sad to see Quinn and TD make moves just to content the fanbase. They are THAT desperate.

Lame

Posted (edited)

Let’s all chill, sit back and watch how this plays out. We’ve always gotten upset when the front office sits on their hands at the start of free agency. Well guess what...they are finally making MOVES! And with very limited money!

What other moves were some of us expecting with what we have to spend this year?

We just took care of 3 glaring areas of need, starting TE, starting edge rushing DE and a potential high quality RB ( if healthy) to add to our RB committee.

Just think about the flexibility we have in the draft now. We can be super aggressive and load up on defense (I pray)  and possibly grab another RB in the later rounds as insurance/added depth. 

I at least like the fact that TD and DQ are finally moving with a sense of urgency.

Regardless of how this pans out, I think the FO has done way more than I was expecting this off-season...and at breakneck speed...with “no money”!

With these moves, I feel us making a run on defensive players in the draft to survive our division. 

#draftdefense

Edited by Dungeon Family

19 minutes ago, runshoot said:

oh right, Steven did so well here!. in 2 years he never rushed for more than 750 yards. LOL Whose memory is shot? GTFO

Same Dirk Offense, same result.

What did Gurly rush for last year?

22 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Let me say this about Gurly.... I would not have did it... Just get a young cheap option in the draft... I get it tho... it will put butts in the seat

Now do I think he can have a 1200 yard 10 TD season.... I do...  What scares me is I don't want that to trick this team into thinking he can consistently be that guy then resign him to a big deal with them knees.

I would assume that Gurley probably will live on one year contracts for rest of his career.

Hes a good dude, sure he is motivated. What a gamble

2 minutes ago, spanish_falcon said:

Bad decision. He's done, and the Rams have known for 2 years, since the SB run. Melvin Gordon should have cost similar $ and is way better.

Sad to see Quinn and TD make moves just to content the fanbase. They are THAT desperate.

It's a one year deal dude. We're better off signing a RB and I bet Gordon signs for longer and at a higher APY.