Do you think Tom Brady will light it up in Tampa bay or struggle without Bellicheck and father time?

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yet they averaged over 26 ppg.  Three of his starting OL missed most of the year.  Both FB’s out for the year...the AB debacle.  Same with Josh Gordon.  Gronk  retired leaving Brady no TE’s really...and his 2nd and 3rd receivers were Jakobi Myers & Phillip Dorset.  

And the Falcons with few injuries and weapons everywhere scored 24 ppg.   Brady is fine

Close the thread now.

And there's a big difference in NE signing him and TB signing him.

For one. One had the money to sign him the other one didnt.

And two..At some point NE was going to have to start over. U rather do it now than when it's too late.

Edited by Ghost_02

9 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It was Tom’s choice to leave according to most sources.  Kraft said they would make it work, but Tom wanted out.

I think TB is amongst the 3 or 4 favorites in the NFC. 

They offered him $23 mil., so they didn't want him back.  If he was the Brady of the past, they would have offered him $40 mil.  He's not near the same player, and he won't be that good for TB next year.

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

They offered him $23 mil., so they didn't want him back.  If he was the Brady of the past, they would have offered him $40 mil.  He's not near the same player, and he won't be that good for TB next year.

None of this is true. The Brady of the past didn't get 40mil. He always took a discount -and a few years ago...BB was going to let Brady  walk for Jimmy G. Kraft put a stop to that..that is why Jimmy G is in San Fran now.

and Kraft left it up BB to handle this time around and per sources...BB didn't offer Brady nearly that much.

As I was telling everyone prior to the Super Bowl, you have to do is take out Brady’s short crossing routes where he steps up in the pocket and throws downward in a tomahawk chop motion to mitigate the pass rush. There is no way to stop this if you don’t collapse his pocket or get pressure up the A Gaps. Take away his pocket, period. He will still hurt you if he can just safely step forward under a pass rush and dump ball off.

In the Super Bowl, we took away the crossing routes with a ”robber” in addition to a host of stunts and movement where Grady Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks. It worked until our defense got so gassed they were gasping for air between snaps. 

My suggestion now that we have Brady in our division is to make sure we draft another DT who can get penetration on passing downs to line up next to Grady.  Even if it’s a DT we just bring in on passing situations. We have solid running down DTs. Interior pressure is also effective against Brees.

Brady gets spooked when his pocket gets compromised which is when he makes mistakes. Take his pocket away and he’s below average.

21 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

Just like every other QB in the league...collapse the pocket EVERY QB looks average.

you guys gonna have to game plan differently since now he has 2 legit wide outs.

Apparently you’ve not seen Matt Ryan play. Last year when a journalist asked him if he considered himself a pocket QB, he replied “what is a pocket?” 

The one season he had good pocket protection, the kind Brady has had almost his entire career, Ryan was the NFLs MVP and led the 7th highest scoring offense in NFL history.

35 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Apparently you’ve not seen Matt Ryan play. Last year when a journalist asked him if he considered himself a pocket QB, he replied “what is a pocket?” 

The one season he had good pocket protection, the kind Brady has had almost his entire career, Ryan was the NFLs MVP and led the 7th highest scoring offense in NFL history.

so you are making my point.

Edited by Ghost_02

I think we will see flashes of Brady's old self and then flashes of father time.  One question would be how Tampa's atrocious OL is going to keep immobile Brady clean.  Winston's mobility helped extend plays but Brady can move around in the pocket but he will more or less a sitting target. OL will probably be what Tampa will be focusing on in the draft.  

How many times have we seen aging stars fall flat playing for different teams?  Remember the Philly "Dream Team" and when Washington put together a team with aging former superstars like Deion Sanders. Things always look good on paper as people discount the physical decline and age out of the equation.  

1 hour ago, Ghost_02 said:

so you are making my point.

Having a good pocket helps all QBs perform better. This is true.

What about the other side of the coin?

Having no pocket for every year but 2016 has not stopped Ryan from being  one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Brady collapses without a pocket. 

I

30 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Having a good pocket helps all QBs perform better. This is true.

What about the other side of the coin?

Having no pocket for every year but 2016 has not stopped Ryan from being  one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Brady collapses without a pocket. 

ha ha always with this..I will answer it this way.

Matt Ryan is a top 10 QB in the league. Not in history only in the league now.

Brady is top 10/top 5 in history and arguably/universally known as the GOAT. Matt Ryan..does not crack that historical list by anyone outside of this forum (not saying most posters here feel this way--just for the ones that might). So there you go. IF You wanna make a case for Ryan not having protection, take it up with your owner or GM.

I don't have a problem with Matt Ryan think he is a great QB..Anytime Atlanta wants to send him back up this way..I would be all for it! He is just not in the class of the greatest quarterbacks (and I do mean pural-not just one) of all time.

Edited by Ghost_02

47 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

I

ha ha always with this..I will answer it this way.

Matt Ryan is a top 10 QB in the league. Not in history only in the league now.

Brady is top 10/top 5 in history and arguably/universally known as the GOAT. Matt Ryan..does not crack that historical list by anyone outside of this forum (not saying most posters here feel this way--just for the ones that might). So there you go. IF You wanna make a case for Ryan not having protection, take it up with your owner or GM.

I don't have a problem with Matt Ryan think he is a great QB..Anytime Atlanta wants to send him back up this way..I would be all for it! He is just not in the class of the greatest quarterbacks (and I do mean pural-not just one) of all time.

Brady is perhaps the GOAT, I do not disagree. 

Im saying Belichick is also GOAT as far as HC and game planner. He’s a genius at evaluating strengths and week Nessie’s oof his players and the opposing teams and he knows how to scheme around weaknesses whether schematic for opposing team or player weaknesses on either side.

Belichick knew exactly how to put together an offense to allow Brady’s exceptional qualities shine like the sun. Belichick made dam sure Brady, on most of his years, had superior interior pass protection because he knew that was required for Brady to thrive at a GOAT level.

Ryan doesn’t HAVE to have top level interior pass protection to thrive. Ryan doesn’t get rattled no matter how many times you sack and viciously hit him, or how intense the pass rush is. Ryan has played his entire career with an inferior pass protecting OL, with exception of 2016.

It will be very, very interesting to me to see how Brady does without the genius of Belichick helping mask his weaknesses that have only grown over the past few seasons..

11 hours ago, etherdome said:

Not really convincing.  What is the overall record of all teams that are forced to play without their starting QB?  BB's record before Tom Brady consists primarily of his time in Cleveland.

Brady benefitted from the amazing protection he has received from his OL's in NE.  

The point is Tom Brady made Bill Belichick, not the other way around. Brady isn't going to go to the Buccaneers and just stink up the joint like a few delusional folks here seem to think because they think Belichick made Brady.

11 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The point is Tom Brady made Bill Belichick, not the other way around. Brady isn't going to go to the Buccaneers and just stink up the joint like a few delusional folks here seem to think because they think Belichick made Brady.

I disagree.  BB is the best HC in NFL history.  Was Brady a part of his success?  Sure, but If Brady spent his whole career in Detroit.........well, he would have been road kill.

45 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The point is Tom Brady made Bill Belichick

Vehemently disagree.

The year Brady went out for year in first game of 2008 season, the Patriots still won 11 games, and they only won 10 games the following year when he came back.

Tom Brady had the NFLs #1 rated defense when we played him in Super Bowl and Ryan had the NFLs #26th defense. 

Tom Brady enjoyed many top or near top rated defenses that helped make him. 

@gazoo

I am in full agreement with you on Brady  benefited from BB and BB benefited from Brady. No one above the other

But this whole " oh wore is Matt Ryan" thing..like he went to a SB already and should of won..there been plenty of great QBs that won despite not having "genius" at coaching, OL, players or GM.

Matt Ryan is who he is..would it help him more to have better access of  course, but Ryan is who he is.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Vehemently disagree.

The year Brady went out for year in first game of 2008 season, the Patriots still won 11 games, and they only won 10 games the following year when he came back.

Tom Brady had the NFLs #1 rated defense when we played him in Super Bowl and Ryan had the NFLs #26th defense. 

Tom Brady enjoyed many top or near top rated defenses that helped make him. 

Belichick had 1 winning season in his first 6 years as an NFL head coach and has a losing record with Brady is not his QB.

As much as I hate it, Brady is the GOAT.  He will not make the mistakes that Winston made constantly.

Bruce Arians is a great offensive coach.  Great offense no matter where he has been.

However, I just don't see this as a good fit.  Aside from a couple of seasons with Randy Moss (when Brady was in his prime), Brady has always been a quick read dink and dunk QB that just never makes mistakes.  And it has worked - historically so!  But he will be 43 when the season starts.  And that style of play doesn't fit Arians "no risk it, no biscuit" offense.  I don't see Brady being able to wait for those deep passes to open up with his lack of mobility. 

Now if Arians changes his offense Brady could do well, but that neutralizes the great weapons he has.

We'll see, but I think father time will finally win the war.