Yea, ima ask. Gurley or Matthew's??

Dirtybird3

Matthews. There’s currently a need for a SLB, and I believe Matthews would be a serviceable 1-2 year stopgap. Really focuses the draft towards CB (Jeff Gladney is quickly becoming my favorite), RB, LG, and DE/DT.

The thought of Gurley, a top 5 talented back and only 25 years old, returning to this state (I’m not a UGA fan) on a ‘cheap’ contract is intriguing, but being a top 5 talent at age 25 yet released is very telling that something’s seriously wrong. Play it safe and take a RB in a fairly good draft class on a rookie contract.

5 minutes ago, CTann said:

Matthews. There’s currently a need for a SLB, and I believe Matthews would be a serviceable 1-2 year stopgap. Really focuses the draft towards CB (Jeff Gladney is quickly becoming my favorite), RB, LG, and DE/DT.

The thought of Gurley, a top 5 talented back and only 25 years old, returning to this state (I’m not a UGA fan) on a ‘cheap’ contract is intriguing, but being a top 5 talent at age 25 yet released is very telling that something’s seriously wrong. Play it safe and take a RB in a fairly good draft class on a rookie contract.

I am a Georgia fan, and I love the idea gurley coming home. I just don't think he's gonna be cheap enough to not hand cuff us. Price it deal sounds great, but Seattle would pay him. 

33 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I’d take both if it could be done at a reasonable cost . 

Im with GB on this one if we can afford both on respectable enough contracts then im down for it.  Hopefully for short term deals like 2 years at most for either of them.  But if they are both healthy they are players that could easily help a team.  I wouldn't give more than 2 for 10 for either one of them with a max of reaching 2 for 20 if they can hit incentives like pro bowl appearance  or  10+ sacks for Matthews and 1k+ yards and 10+ TD's for Gurley.

18 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

If we had to take one, definitely Matthews...no interest at all in overpaying Gurley. Funny how everyone cries you never pay a RB a second deal, and that all changes when it’s a Dawg...

The assumption is he'll come very cheap. The Rams just gave him 20 million to go away. 

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Real cheap to me is $2M, no chance he plays for that IMO.

Honestly, right now, I'd be pissed at anymore of a cap hit than 5mil, and I'd really only be comfortable at 3 or below

I'm sure some will read that and go, that's ridiculous, why should he take that! 

I don't care. Giving 7mil like yall want to someone with his medical issues (ongoing not past) is stupid