Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

25 minutes ago, RHEC said:

The media 

The media killed 347 people in Italy in one day, 3400 total? Or did they cause a 15% increase in cases there? Or maybe they had a hand in the 530% increase in cases in the US in one week?

exactly the type that is contributing to this getting out of hand.

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

The media killed 347 people in Italy in one day, 3400 total? Or did they cause a 15% increase in cases there? Or maybe they had a hand in the 530% increase in cases in the US in one week?

The media has created this panic. 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Masks do nothing. People are so dumb. 

If I remember right it doesn't help really at all wearing one to keep from getting it, but it does help a bit if you wear one and have it in terms of spreading it to others. And of course 99% of people are doing the exact opposite.

40 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It's not the getting the test as much as it is getting the results.

Depends where you are.  In a place that doesn't have a lot of reported cases you could get results back quickly.

In Washington State it takes 3-4 days and the people in the labs are killing themselves to do that.  They're working 7 days a week and crazy long shifts.  They're burning out.

Yeah, we're trying to communicate to patients don't just show up in the ER for any symptom, can't handle the volume. The real prob is the 4+ day incubation period, so by the time you are symptomatic, you have been spreading it around for days already.

13 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

The media sure didn't help. They created mass panic and it caused large crowds of people at grocery stores nation wide. The exact scenario we needed to avoid.

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

the number of cases in China are dwindling though, There have been a few different drugs that have been found to be effective against it, quotes from scientists a month or two ago, are no longer necessarily valid  :)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Starbucks re-opened today in Wuhan.

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

the number of cases in China are dwindling though, There have been a few different drugs that have been found to be effective against it, quotes from scientists a month or two ago, are no longer necessarily valid  :)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Italy must not have a refresh button on their web browsers then...really though, crazy how this is hitting them much more severely.

23 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Italy must not have a refresh button on their web browsers then...really though, crazy how this is hitting them much more severely.

Yeah...it is pretty sad that over 3000 people have died in Italy.  
I have not ever been there, but I imagine they believe in hugging when greeting each other, more than we do.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Ok Boomer.

Bad news. RHEC isn't a boomer. Try again.

What is with people saying "boomer" that makes them think they're smarter?

"Oh, I called you a boomer, so that automatically makes me right and smarter".

They sound pretty stupid to me saying it. 

16 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

Bad news. RHEC isn't a boomer. Try again.

What is with people saying "boomer" that makes them think they're smarter?

"Oh, I called you a boomer, so that automatically makes me right and smarter".

They sound pretty stupid to me saying it. 

Ok Boomer

See,  I just find that **** funny.

i could care less about that other stuff.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

the whole thing resets at midnight, although I'm not sure if that's eastern time USA or for each country individually. I do know it says somewhere in the reading at the top (I think) that some countries only update once a day, China for example. the rest of them are supposedly done hourly.

47 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Yeah...it is pretty sad that over 3000 people have died in Italy.  
I have not ever been there, but I imagine they believe in hugging when greeting each other, more than we do.

Italy also has the oldest average age citizens.

was just reading an article, 8 of every 10 deaths for us are elderly, most being over 85, second most between 65-84. most of the first ones were the nursing home in washington state, and that's being said to have been low paid workers who are in that certain class (for lack of a better term off the top of my head) of people who's income is so low they pretty much go to work whether they're sick or not. Been there, done that so I understand it completely. but it's pretty well known that the elderly and those with other underlying poor health or certain conditions are the most at risk

They have

42 minutes ago, papachaz said:

Italy also has the oldest average age citizens.

was just reading an article, 8 of every 10 deaths for us are elderly, most being over 85, second most between 65-84. most of the first ones were the nursing home in washington state, and that's being said to have been low paid workers who are in that certain class (for lack of a better term off the top of my head) of people who's income is so low they pretty much go to work whether they're sick or not. Been there, done that so I understand it completely. but it's pretty well known that the elderly and those with other underlying poor health or certain conditions are the most at risk

Italy has put some serious measures to protect their people.   Everyone there is basically under house arrest.  
Hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

They have

Italy has put some serious measures to protect their people.   Everyone there is basically under house arrest.  
Hope for the best.

yeah, they got hit hard and fast and had to put forth drastic measures ASAP! still advancing incredibly rapidly there too.

a lady that works at the plant my daughters work at, took vacation and went to Italy. they're not letting her come back to work for two weeks after she gets back and is cleared by the company medical team

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Everybody in Italy is 100 years old. No joke.

Yeah because they’re generally healthier and tend to live longer.

And their health system is about to collapse.

The US has obesity, heart disease, and diabetes in higher numbers than Italy... in other words more underlying health conditions.

5 hours ago, papachaz said:

what I posted I got from reading articles and listening to pressers by 'the experts'. Not ANY and EVERY type of mask helps, and the proper ones do only if worn correctly. Which, they are saying, that most of the people wearing them ARE NOT....

Yes, masks 'can' help, but every body in the grocery store or where ever wearing one isn't making a hill of beans worth of difference...straight from the experts mouths  

Just don’t cut your nasal hair seriously :)

6 minutes ago, tactician said:

I dont fear Covid-19 whatsoever.

I mean I do but I also fear getting in a car accident. Doesn’t keep me off the roads. Imo if the Lord has covid in the cards for me then there’s nothing I can do about it. I still have to go to work so all I can do is pray for the health and safety of everyone but I do that every day anyhow. I’ll take safety precautions but not more than I already do because I wash my hands 5,000x a day as it is. On top of that I’ll refrain from licking public safety rails and I’ll only buy the appropriate amount of toilet paper. 

4 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It's that other 10% that's the problem.

You do realize that's 32 million people in the United States, right?

Its actually 1.33% at this point and likely to decrease with more testing.