Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

12 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

He’s far more active than most 56 year olds.

No idea, my only guess is teams are probably getting testing kits to their personnel. 

looks like a fatty to me.

Saints Dolphins Football

Just now, RHEC said:

The media clearly has people scared, this virus will vanish real soon, like everything else. Watch and see.

Can't wait until these idiots stop hoarding toilet paper, paper towels, water and rice.

Again, the real problem is if all of us that keep the power grid going in the USA get sick and can't keep the lights on.. Thing's will go south really fast.. Most people are ok without lights a hour or two.. But imagine going 4 months or more without electricity 

25 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Said he started feeling bad on Sunday, took the test on Monday, and just got the diagnosis back recently but doesn’t know when he got it.

But he says he’s already feeling better and didn’t have the cough or fever like most other that have caught it.

Schefter said that he apparently paced 12 miles in his house. He’s in great shape for his age so he should be fine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/19/nba-players-celebrities-coronavirus-test-access/

Amazing he was able to get tested the very next day when he wasn't nearly as sick as the "peasants" who are denied testing.

15 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

How are these athletes and coaches getting tested so quick?

Money.

The Utah Jazz took a huge number of the tests the state of Oklahoma had on hand.

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Again, the real problem is if all of us that keep the power grid going in the USA get sick and can't keep the lights on.. Thing's will go south really fast.. Most people are ok without lights a hour or two.. But imagine going 4 months or more without electricity 

Reason people should invest solar power. 

6 minutes ago, Williamb said:

1. Masks help if the infected person is wearing it. It prevents the droplets from spraying. If you are wearing a mask, but not practicing social distancing, hand sanitation, surface sanitation, etc., you arent really doing any good.

2. Its really going to have to ramp up to cause as many deaths as the flu.

3. Mortality rates will decrease as testing increases.

4. At this point, having a positive or negative test doesnt change a thing about how you are treated. Same precautions and treatment as with cold, flu, or any other virus.

5. The way we curbed the hiv epidemic is to treat everyone including your grandma as if they have it.

Moral of the story, dont freak out, use good common sense, and practice good hygeine. A friggin virus should not be allowed to effect our lives in this way.

Healthcare provider for over 40yrs by the way

Just now, RHEC said:

Reason people should invest solar power. 

No time for that in this situation.. Its a real issue.. We've been in meetings all week with the Federal government about how to keep lineman well during this.. But problem is, if it hits us like they believe.. No one will be available to keep the lights on.. And believe me, thats when things will get real.. All your food will spoil, cant shower or flush toilets and basically lose all forms of communication 

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No time for that in this situation.. Its a real issue.. We've been in meetings all week with the Federal government about how to keep lineman well during this.. But problem is, if it hits us like they believe.. No one will be available to keep the lights on.. And believe me, thats when things will get real.. All your food will spoil, cant shower or flush toilets and basically lose all forms of communication 

That's their fault, just like not prepping for something like this, until it's too late.

I have up to 6 months of food supply that can last, unopened, for 25 years shelf life.

9 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Stay away from people. It's not that difficult.

16 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

That's why they're trying to do the distancing.  Have it just sicken 5% fo the population at a time so there's somebody to run the vital mechanisms.

But that only works if people do it (keep apart).  If everyone ignores it, then yeah, whole sectors are at peril.

34 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

it's WAY more contagious than the flu. The numbers double over night...

in all fairness....  no, the numbers are not doubling over night, I posted a link to a page that's tracking it real time. Now throw in that of course our numbers are rising drastically fast, because we're testing for it now and it's actually being tracked, where it WASN'T before. If we'd been tracking it all along, our numbers would be dramatically different, going all the way through the scenarios that Ya Boi J and I are discussing farther up the thread  :)

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

People gonna take this serious one day. Just found out a female at my job has it. Wish all affected now and in the future the best of luck and health

I live in the Seattle area.  If people aren't taking this seriously by now...

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

but NON asymptomatic people don't need to hoard and wear them, they don't need them if they're not coughing or sneezing  :)

Non asymptomatic are still contagious.  In China 4 out of 5 people got it from people that didn't know they had it.

1 hour ago, RHEC said:

it's just a flu.

When was the last time the flu collapsed the economy? 

53 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Its a virus, 90% of people will be over it in 7 days.. Its not AIDS or the plague.. Youll cough and have a fever.. May lose some weight, but over all..youll be fine

It's that other 10% that's the problem.

You do realize that's 32 million people in the United States, right?

41 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We should be staging critical roll people...  some staying at home/quarantined, while others work and ultimately get sick, then you bring in the previously quarantined group which are all well. By the time they are all sick the first group is recovered enough to return to work. Doing that same strategy but breaking the quarantined group into halves and bringing them back in two waves would be even more effective.

I’m sorry, he’s an *******.  “Please follow guidelines from the government to stop the spread because I sure as **** didn’t.”  He was at a race track around a bunch of people last weekend.  Sean, live by your own words and stop being a hypocritical *******. 

50 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/19/nba-players-celebrities-coronavirus-test-access/

Amazing he was able to get tested the very next day when he wasn't nearly as sick as the "peasants" who are denied testing.

It's not the getting the test as much as it is getting the results.

Depends where you are.  In a place that doesn't have a lot of reported cases you could get results back quickly.

In Washington State it takes 3-4 days and the people in the labs are killing themselves to do that.  They're working 7 days a week and crazy long shifts.  They're burning out.

18 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I live in the Seattle area.  If people aren't taking this seriously by now...

Non asymptomatic are still contagious.  In China 4 out of 5 people got it from people that didn't know they had it.

When was the last time the flu collapsed the economy? 

The media