Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Agreed on the hoarding, but this false narrative that masks don't help needs to die, and it needs to die fast.

what I posted I got from reading articles and listening to pressers by 'the experts'. Not ANY and EVERY type of mask helps, and the proper ones do only if worn correctly. Which, they are saying, that most of the people wearing them ARE NOT....

Yes, masks 'can' help, but every body in the grocery store or where ever wearing one isn't making a hill of beans worth of difference...straight from the experts mouths  

2 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

It is catchy like the flu, but the death rate suggests that it is about 10 times more lethal. 

Swine flu killed thousands, nothing closed down, events didn't stop, life went on. 

If you watched the Trump presser he said he signed off on an effective vaccine. IF that works, big IF, we may start on time.

No one at my job has it and we're working from home at minimum until April 5.

2 minutes ago, RHEC said:

Swine flu killed thousands, nothing closed down, events didn't stop, life went on. 

This is projected to kill Millions if it isn't curbed.  Maybe all the scientists are wrong...it's happened.  But I can guarantee you you wouldn't see all the politicians ready to shut down industry if they hadn't been seeing some grim projections.

1 minute ago, duckhoa said:

It is catchy like the flu, but the death rate suggests that it is about 10 times more lethal. 

soooo, you know how many people have died from the flu since Dec? Asking because I don't know right off the top of my head. I do know, because I have a link for a coronavirus website that is constantly updated, and so far, worldwide, since this was 'found' in DEC, total world wide covid-19 deaths are, just refreshed the page, 9991. Bet there's more from the flu since then JUST in the USA. just sayin

the danger with this though, is being a 'new' virus, we don't have ANY immunity already in our systems. We already do for most types of flu.  Also, since the US has only been testing a short time, the numbers are obviously going to continue to rise rapidly. Things like social distancing, closing the borders to shut out potential new cases from coming in, etc are going to keep this from getting out of hand here sooner rather than later

and in the spirit of keeping 'on topic'  Get well payton, we want your *** on the sidelines when we do the stomp down on the aints twice this year

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Great American said:

Im a big Emmitt fan but I wouldn't wish this virus one anyone.  B)

Appreciate it brother. Maybe if it was someone else on their team, I would be a little more sympathetic, but that guy is one of the most classless individuals I’ve seen in my life time.

Edited by Emmitt

5 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

This is projected to kill Millions if it isn't curbed.  Maybe all the scientists are wrong...it's happened.  But I can guarantee you you wouldn't see all the politicians ready to shut down industry if they hadn't been seeing some grim projections.

the number of cases in China are dwindling though, There have been a few different drugs that have been found to be effective against it, quotes from scientists a month or two ago, are no longer necessarily valid  :)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

8 minutes ago, RHEC said:

Swine flu didn't send 10-20% of the people it infected into the ICUs on ventilators.

8 minutes ago, stizz said:

If you watched the Trump presser he said he signed off on an effective vaccine. IF that works, big IF, we may start on time.

No one at my job has it and we're working from home at minimum until April 5.

Not a vaccine. He signed off on using chloroquine and remdesvir to treat the disease. There is no proven vaccine at the moment.

Said he started feeling bad on Sunday, took the test on Monday, and just got the diagnosis back recently but doesn’t know when he got it.

But he says he’s already feeling better and didn’t have the cough or fever like most other that have caught it.

Schefter said that he apparently paced 12 miles in his house. He’s in great shape for his age so he should be fine.

10 minutes ago, papachaz said:

the number of cases in China are dwindling though, There have been a few different drugs that have been found to be effective against it, quotes from scientists a month or two ago, are no longer necessarily valid  :)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

China completely shut down and implemented social distancing.  That starves any virus and drops the numbers.

Meanwhile, areas that didn't implement it quickly are seeing huge surges in cases (Italy, rest of Europe, US).

It's a fairly simple formula.  If you have a vaccine or meds, you can keep going.  If you don't, the only way to stop an infectious disease is to starve it of food (us).  That's the only strategy now.

I was simply saying that they're not looking at this as like a flu, but rather 10-40 times more deadly.  Otherwise, every nation wouldn't be shutting down.

Edit:  I do however, like you, hope they get meds that work soon.  It's all gossip and non blinded studies so far, but hopefully the ebola med works for it.

2 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Said he started feeling bad on Sunday, took the test on Monday, and just got the diagnosis back recently but doesn’t know when he got it.

But he says he’s already feeling better and didn’t have the cough or fever like most other that have caught it.

Schefter said that he apparently paced 12 miles in his house. He’s in great shape for his age so he should be fine.

Thanks for this

13 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

It won't. 

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

China completely shut down and implemented social distancing.  That starves any virus and drops the numbers.

Meanwhile, areas that didn't implement it quickly are seeing huge surges in cases (Italy, rest of Europe, US).

It's a fairly simple formula.  If you have a vaccine or meds, you can keep going.  If you don't, the only way to stop an infectious disease is to starve it of food (us).  That's the only strategy now.

I was simply saying that they're not looking at this as like a flu, but rather 10-40 times more deadly.  Otherwise, every nation wouldn't be shutting down.

What's sad is seeing all these dumb *** college kids running around saying if they get it they get it. No dumb **** just get your refund and sit your idiotic *** down. I'm glad I've never felt the need to be around a lot of people in order to enjoy myself. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, RHEC said:

Swine flu was a strain of the seasonal influenza virus, we had a starting point at least. Comparing flu to coronavirus is quite literally the old analogy of apples to oranges. Yes they're both fruit (virus) but try making apple juice with oranges (vaccine). 

Edited by dirtybirds233

Get that man some Vicodin!  

Covid-19 is not nearly the death sentence people seem to want to make it out to be.  

If you're not real old or don't have underlying immune or respiratory issues, you catch it and about ten days later it's out of your system.   It behaves like a cold in most who catch it. 

Just now, RHEC said:

It won't. 

It won't if they shut everything down, which they are.  So if people and scientists do what they should, you'll be right.

But left to natural devices, it's a fairly simple deal...if it infects 60% of Americans, and the death rate is 1%...then that's 2 million people.  

Right now they think it would infect more than that, and the death rate is higher than that.  So those are conservative assumptions.

6 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Swine flu didn't send 10-20% of the people it infected into the ICUs on ventilators.

right now the US has 11780 cases, only 64 are considered serious. Not sure how 'serious' it has to be considered to have to have a ventilator, but have you got a link that's current that shows those percentages? not trying to be argumentative, just trying to stay informed

current ACTIVE cases is 145500, 138815 of those are considered mild, that's 95%, only 5% are considered serious or critical. I get it, those that are, are people who mean something to someone somewhere, and yes world wide almost 10000 have died and I'm not downplaying it at all, but someone just recently posted that false narratives need to die  :) 

6 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

The problem is there's 100s of thousands with it right now and don't have a clue because they show no symptoms. That's why the numbers shown aren't accurate. That and the lack of testing for average joes