Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just now, GleasonForever! said:

It’s been here. I don’t see how the NFL season can start on time. The US is so unprepared. I know I’m in the healthcare field. They are asking us to preserve mask. Like are you kidding me. 
SOCIAL ISOLATE PEOPLE. please. 

Masks do nothing. People are so dumb. 

2 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

It’s been here. I don’t see how the NFL season can start on time. The US is so unprepared. I know I’m in the healthcare field. They are asking us to preserve mask. Like are you kidding me. 

Agreed i dont see how u can start it in good faith. It may very well be like the nba season and it gets postponed till like december or January 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

People gonna take this serious one day. Just found out a female at my job has it. Wish all affected now and in the future the best of luck and health

Exactly , im in SC and the number is at 60 last time i checked. Hope the nfl really is cautious with this 

Just now, Geneaut said:

They do something. Please don't pass that fable around. At worse they keep asymptomatic people from spreading as much viral load as they would unmasked.

Every bit helps.

but NON asymptomatic people don't need to hoard and wear them, they don't need them if they're not coughing or sneezing  :)

Just now, Geneaut said:

Stay strong, brother. 

Yes sir. I been out all week because of something else but finding this out today kinda pissed me off. From what I'm hearing HR is trying to keep it covered up like no ones gonna find out. They better hope it doesn't get back to corporate 

8 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

it's just a flu.

Just now, papachaz said:

but NON asymptomatic people don't need to hoard and wear them, they don't need them if they're not coughing or sneezing  :)

Agreed on the hoarding, but this false narrative that masks don't help needs to die, and it needs to die fast.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/19/does-coronavirus-only-kill-the-elderly-covid-19-myths-busted

Claim: ‘Face masks don’t work’

Wearing a face mask is certainly not an iron-clad guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks. However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier alone (although others have found lower levels of effectiveness).

If you are likely to be in close contact with someone infected, a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on. If you’re showing symptoms of coronavirus, or have been diagnosed, wearing a mask can also protect others. So masks are crucial for health and social care workers looking after patients and are also recommended for family members who need to care for someone who is ill – ideally both the patient and carer should have a mask.

However, masks will probably make little difference if you’re just walking around town or taking a bus so there is no need to bulk-buy a huge supply.