Gurley Released ... Can we afford him?

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

You have a chance to get a name. The stud left the building 2 seasons ago. Freeman showed those same flashes last season. You guys just want a name. Don't care about the production 

To be fair....  after last season , I think the falcons may want a name too.

If nothing else it brings excitement for a fan base that desperately needs it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 years for 10 million With incentives 

Something has go be very very wrong with Todd Gurley, the Rams know it and every team would be wise to investigate what the situation is. He is 25 and talent wise a Top3 RB in this league, you don‘t j

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You have a chance to get a name. The stud left the building 2 seasons ago. Freeman showed those same flashes last season. You guys just want a name. Don't care about the production 

Free didn’t do anything close to what he did last year. He’s not just a big name. He still has a massive amount of talent.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I can't with this site anymore today. 

Bro your not some genius that’s gets football better than other people. Having the same argument with hjerry. His burst, speed and ability to drive through defenders is all there. How does a team that’s missed the playoffs the past two seasons not need what he can offer? 

Just now, 32wood84white said:

Bro your not some genius that’s gets football better than other people. Having the same argument with hjerry. His burst, speed and ability to drive through defenders is all there. How does a team that’s missed the playoffs the past two seasons not need what he can offer? 

You don't have to be a genius to use common sense. 

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Names don't fill seats. Especially in a fair weather city. 

Disagree.

Names fill seats in fair weather cities the fastest at least at first...... Especially in an are dominated by college ball. Him being a local college hero would be a big draw  at first but only if the team is winning. 

If they start 0-3 then it wont matter the names.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Disagree.

Names fill seats in fair weather cities the fastest at least at first...... Especially in an are dominated by college ball. Him being a local college hero would be a big draw  at first but only if the team is winning. 

If they start 0-3 then it wont matter the names.

You disagree yet say "only if the team is winning"

Okay

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well yeah... willing matters the most  but   when fans have certain players to cheer for  they will still come and cheer for those players... at least for a while.

We saw this first hand with Vick.

Fair weather city. Just call it what it is bruh :lol:

I would love it if he came here , he is our last couple of rb's combined ,Freeman and Coleman . If he is anything like 2016-2018 Gurley than we have one of the best skill groups ever. Julio, Hurst, Gurley and Ridley is much more dangerous than Julio, Ridley, Hooper , Freeman/ Coleman..

After having released Devonta Freeman, it seems to be pretty clear that the Falcons are in the market for a running back. Whether that’s through a trade or the upcoming draft remains to be seen. What I do know is that Atlanta’s offense would be a collection of scary talent with Gurley joining Matt Ryan in the backfield and star receiver Julio Jones catching passes on the outside. With just $2.2 million in cap space, Atlanta would have to work other things out. But this is a great on-field fit.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Plus he is still solid.  His highlights from last year are way better than what we had 

I think you are really getting caught up in the name and past production.  My name is “g-dawg” so of course I am a Gurley fan.

Having said that, an arithitic knee isn’t something that just gets better - you have it for life and it gets worse with time.

Any money thrown at Gurley is likely just throwing it away - he will either be a part time player or full-time and gets hurt and on the shelf for half the season.

Gurley might can have some good games but don’t think he can have a good season.  If  I was GM, I would make him an offer but he would probably be insulted by it.   Probably would be $3mm/yr with incentives to go to $10mm/yr and a 2yr deal with $6mm guaranteed.

Falcons would be better off just drafting a young guy.