Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Report: Falcons have interest in Gurley(Shultz and Birchfield); Gurley intersted in Atlanta if released.

Posted (edited)

We should absolutely take a stab at a one year prove it contract. I doubt Gurley will sign one, depends on the market for him. If he's willing to take a team friendly deal I don't see how it hurts us.

Edited by Bridgeburner

3 hours ago, RHEC said:

I'll trade a late pick for him.

What pick? If he is released they can sign him to a prove it contract.  Easy and smart decision would be to sign him...

We would be absolutely stupid to break the bank on Gurley. Did we NOT learn anything from FREEMAN? Unless he wants to sign for vet min we should not go near him. He's almost as injury prone as Freeman is.

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

No Gurley but I’d take Clay Matthews who they just released.  Maybe he can light a fire under Jake’s ***

Dabg I would love to have Clat Matthews here...dude still has plenty of juice

Falcons have 6 mil dead money from one RB that couldn't stay healthy after a big contract, doubt they're spending a ton of money on another one.

Not sure I want even an incentive laden deal for him. Falcons sign him, I'm rooting for him, but don't want it.

Gurley shouldn't have played another down for Georgia after getting suspended for a jersey autograph.  I would have told them to kick rocks.  That injury he suffered when he came back after suspension has never healed.  He is lucky to have made the money he has made.   The Rams don't want him at the current contract price, so the Falcons can sign him to a prove it deal.  A win for both parties if it worked out...

1 minute ago, Romfal said:

I wouldn't hate it but what are we paying him with? food stamps?

I got a bit of change in my pocket to add to that 

1 minute ago, Romfal said:

I wouldn't hate it but what are we paying him with? food stamps?

Dude the moneys there to get pretty much anyone you want with the way you can finagle the contracts and the cap going up like 40 million net year supposedly.  If anything watching loomis and the Saints over the last 5 to 10 years having literally negative cap available to start FA and then signing 1 or 2 top tier FA's every year proves the Cap is a joke with all the loop holes people have to work around.  Now i wouldn't keep tempting fate by doing it every single year with a crazy expensive contract multiple times a year.  But 1 or 2 a year is doable for sure and people already thought we couldn't afford Fowler at 16 mil and it got done pretty quickly.