Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Report: Falcons have interest in Gurley(Shultz and Birchfield); Gurley intersted in Atlanta if released.

14 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Smh I hope it's not true we are already hurting. So hopefully we just sign him instead of trading.

I'm good. We don't need a running back with an arthritic knee. Signing Gurley would be for no other reason than to excite a portion of the fan base.  

1 hour ago, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

should have drafted him when they had the chance 

So we could cut and have even more dead money going to him than Freeman?

On the plus side though, maybe he would have made that block in the Superbowl.

50 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

UPDATE: Jeff schultz ALSO says falcons are indeed interested in Gurley. Mainly are interested if hes cut. 

KEY POINT: Gyrley is actually intetested in going to the Falcons if he is cut to pick a tram fo his choice. Due a HEFTY roster bonus at 4:00 PM. 

Yeah, if he's CUT, I'm down.

If we trade for him, I'm pissed.

13 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Jackson actually played hard until he was injured.. Really believe he wanted to make something happen in Atlanta.. He was just too old at the time and it didn't work out.. But hate for anyone to assume Jackson had laid down at the time.. His body just didn't hold up 

That's the point. His body was already broken down when the Falcons signed him. It only took the 2nd game of the season for it to show up. Trading for Gurley would be massive mistake.

4 minutes ago, B3TD said:

So we could cut and have even more dead money going to him than Freeman?

On the plus side though, maybe he would have made that block in the Superbowl.

Would better than trying to take on his money now via trade. plus freeman was in a rookie deal at the time DUH

Just now, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Looks like Gurley will be a Falcon now that he is released

Very well could happen now that he is released. Seems like things are lining up for him to Atlanta... we will see... 

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That's the point. His body was already broken down when the Falcons signed him. It only took the 2nd game of the season for it to show up. Trading for Gurley would be massive mistake.

Its true, he probably wouldn't hold up more than 5 games and i realize that.. Not worth it in the long run.. RB's just have a short career no matter how big the name is 

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Hope it does.  For a team friendly deal he is a steal.  Watch the highlight above from last year.  He has much to offer

I hope so too. Immediate impact player if healthy for little to no risk.