I'll get this out of the way beforehand, some will hate it because there is no first round pick, some will hate it because they are names they haven't heard of because they mainly look at who is mocked to us in the first round (which is ok).  Like every mock, there will be people saying "There is no way this player is there at pick ##", I looked at multiple sites and rankings and even simulations, all of these picks I had seen go earlier or much later than I took them.  I don't use the Jimmy Johnson trade chart, it is old and outdated and teams admit they don't use it anymore, but use a revised model.  I use the Rich Hill one.  I have used it the last few years for my draft setup/tracking and it is the most accurate to what happens on draft day.  Link: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp?RequestTeam=atl

I also fully understand this will never happen because TD wouldn't take this kind of step back.  This isn't what I think will happen, this is what I would do.  

I also just wanted something different than the same mocks we see on sites or on here everyday.

***TRADE***

We all know Bill O'Brien has no clue what he is doing as a GM in Houston, so I plan to take advantage of that.  He just traded away his star WR for peanuts, he still has a deep threat in Fuller but he needs someone who can run the entire route tree and get separation.  Not having a first round pick makes it more difficult to sit back and do that, so he trades up for his guy (Lamb or Jeudy).

Houston Receives

1-16

Atlanta Receives

2-40
2-57
3-90
5-171

But we aren't done YET!

***TRADE***

Buffalo Receives

2-40

Atlanta Receives

2-54
3-86

Falcons Picks

2-47  CB - Trevon Diggs

2-54   IDL - Justin Madubuike

2-57  LB - Troy Dye

3-78  IOL - Cesar Ruiz

3-86  S - Kyle Dugger

3-90  RB - Cam Akers

4-119  EDGE - Josh Uche

5-171  SCB - Shyheim Carter

7-228  Special Teams

7-230  Special Teams

We don't get an All Pro most likely from this draft, but we plug almost every hole we have in our starting lineup which will allow for the rest of our current star players to play to their full potential.  Ruiz can start at LG and when Mack retires/moves on bump over to center.

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'll pass. I want some potential for plug and play guys.  Obviously, every player is a maybe, but we need some guys that have a high probability of contributing big time right now.

Most of these are plug and play. All will play and atleast 3 or 4 I could see being starters sooner rather than later.

There's no one sexy big name but instead we get a draft with a lot of solid guys. Some we would resign some we would let walk for comp.

36 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Most of these are plug and play. All will play and atleast 3 or 4 I could see being starters sooner rather than later.

There's no one sexy big name but instead we get a draft with a lot of solid guys. Some we would resign some we would let walk for comp.

Yeah, I should have stated it better. It's not a bad draft, but in your words, I would like some sexier picks.  Some of my wants are pipe dreams that will depend on many factors: will the player drop, what draft capital it would take to trade for them, etc. 

This team needs to win now, and not necessarily build for the long haul.  MR & JJ aren't getting any younger, and I want this front office to shoot for the moon.  When I say plug and play, I want an Okudah, Kinlaw, Brown, type player in the first, and maybe even trade back up into the first and get a Swift/Taylor type back.  On the other hand, I don't mind trading down either, but I don't want to trade out of the first.  If a player slips, for whatever reason, I want to be in the first still with the opportunity to pounce.  

7 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Yeah, I should have stated it better. It's not a bad draft, but in your words, I would like some sexier picks.  Some of my wants are pipe dreams that will depend on many factors: will the player drop, what draft capital it would take to trade for them, etc. 

This team needs to win now, and not necessarily build for the long haul.  MR & JJ aren't getting any younger, and I want this front office to shoot for the moon.  When I say plug and play, I want an Okudah, Kinlaw, Brown, type player in the first, and maybe even trade back up into the first and get a Swift/Taylor type back.  On the other hand, I don't mind trading down either, but I don't want to trade out of the first.  If a player slips, for whatever reason, I want to be in the first still with the opportunity to pounce.  

I agree they need to win now, but you can’t go all in with the roster we have.  Teams that go all in on one year almost always fall short and they fall far the next few years.  Our best year was when we picked Neal #22 and everyone thought it was a reach.  There was no sexy pick that year but everyone contributed, just so happened that Jones and Hoop were really good, Neal when healthy as well and Campbell was ok.  We need another deep draft to restock imo.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

I'll get this out of the way beforehand, some will hate it because there is no first round pick, some will hate it because they are names they haven't heard of because they mainly look at who is mocked to us in the first round (which is ok).  Like every mock, there will be people saying "There is no way this player is there at pick ##", I looked at multiple sites and rankings and even simulations, all of these picks I had seen go earlier or much later than I took them.  I don't use the Jimmy Johnson trade chart, it is old and outdated and teams admit they don't use it anymore, but use a revised model.  I use the Rich Hill one.  I have used it the last few years for my draft setup/tracking and it is the most accurate to what happens on draft day.  Link: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp?RequestTeam=atl

I also fully understand this will never happen because TD wouldn't take this kind of step back.  This isn't what I think will happen, this is what I would do.  

I also just wanted something different than the same mocks we see on sites or on here everyday.

***TRADE***

We all know Bill O'Brien has no clue what he is doing as a GM in Houston, so I plan to take advantage of that.  He just traded away his star WR for peanuts, he still has a deep threat in Fuller but he needs someone who can run the entire route tree and get separation.  Not having a first round pick makes it more difficult to sit back and do that, so he trades up for his guy (Lamb or Jeudy).

Houston Receives

1-16

Atlanta Receives

2-40
2-57
3-90
5-171

But we aren't done YET!

***TRADE***

Buffalo Receives

2-40

Atlanta Receives

2-54
3-86

Falcons Picks

2-47  CB - Trevon Diggs

2-57  LB - Troy Dye

3-78  IOL - Cesar Ruiz

3-86  S - Kyle Dugger

3-90  RB - Cam Akers

4-119  EDGE - Josh Uche

7-228  Special Teams

7-230  Special Teams

We don't get an All Pro most likely from this draft, but we plug almost every hole we have in our starting lineup which will allow for the rest of our current star players to play to their full potential.  Ruiz can start at LG and when Mack retires/moves on bump over to center.

Joah uxhe goes un wnd or very early 3rd. My guy for SLB. DE on some nickel plays. 

I like the idea of trading down but would try and get next years first in a deal if we are exiting round 1. Not uncommon to get a 2nd a next years first, especially in that big of a jump.

This years 2 & 3 plus 2021 first. It’s expensive to move up 24 spots. Though I get it if the thought is TD would want all the picks this year in case it’s his last...a GM can’t think that way though.

25 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I like the idea of trading down but would try and get next years first in a deal if we are exiting round 1. Not uncommon to get a 2nd a next years first, especially in that big of a jump.

This years 2 & 3 plus 2021 first. It’s expensive to move up 24 spots. Though I get it if the thought is TD would want all the picks this year in case it’s his last...a GM can’t think that way though.

I agree.  I only did it all this year for the sake of a mock.

2 hours ago, Rings said:

***TRADE***

Houston Receives

1-16

Atlanta Receives

2-40
2-57
3-90
5-171

But we aren't done YET!

***TRADE***

Buffalo Receives

2-40

Atlanta Receives

2-54
3-86

Falcons Picks

2-47  CB - Trevon Diggs

2-57  LB - Troy Dye

3-78  IOL - Cesar Ruiz

3-86  S - Kyle Dugger

3-90  RB - Cam Akers

4-119  EDGE - Josh Uche

7-228  Special Teams

7-230  Special Teams

Too good to actually happen

I’ve always thought that’s the mistake of drafts spreading yourself to thin.

For example this year on offense I’d only like us to go get a G/C nothing else.

The defense feels like we can make a real impact with talent that’s out there and I would really like us to try and add a young playmaker or 2 and there in the right range to be had.

6 hours ago, Rings said:

Have you looked at our depth chart?

Thank you.  Yes.

I just prefer to go the way of a trade up for game changers.  

Kinlaw at 16, and try to get back into the late first to add Murray (we need a playmaker at LB), would make our D quite formidable.  

Having 2 rookies starting on D, surrounded by Vets, would give us a better chance of competing at a high level this year.  

6 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Very true. And we could use a bunch of solid guys. 

Love the outside-the-box thinking, @Rings