Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gtech1

Slay v. Trufant

Eagles traded a 3rd and a 5th for Slay, and gave him a $17M/year contract.  Is he THAT much better than Trufant?  Eagles presumably could've traded, say, just a 3rd for Trufant and had him on a cheaper contract.  

18 minutes ago, gtech1 said:

Eagles traded a 3rd and a 5th for Slay, and gave him a $17M/year contract.  Is he THAT much better than Trufant?  Eagles presumably could've traded, say, just a 3rd for Trufant and had him on a cheaper contract.  

Eagles have targeted Slay since last year. Stick to falcons news, figure out how to get that right.

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Should tell you all you need to know that Marquand Manuel is a DB coach there and didn't care to trade anything for him

Seems like more teams are wanting better press dbs? But overall if he got paid that little that means most NFL teams didnt really think that much of him. He was highly overrated here and considered a shut down db which he wasnt. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Believe it or not people don't value Falcons players as much as the fans do. Also this isn't Madden. Teams aren't forced to make the trades you want.

teams sure as **** sign them quick. Maybe not for a trade i guess 

Edited by Precyse

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

:o

really? that's hard to believe, you always want to work with people who are better than you so you improve. that's one of the dumbest things I've ever read

If its true then that says alot about the coach. There's something going on between these players and coaches that we aren't seeing and everyone downplays it. In some cases I believe the rumors. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

The Lions clearly thought so - they gave him $21m over 2 years.

Franchises do dumb shlt all the time . Especially “The Lions” they’re worse off than other mediocre franchises like ours so we’re dammm near Saying the same thing .

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

i like this response

As for any last words for Patricia, Slay said he'd have none. 

"I wouldn't say nothing, I'd just go about my day," he said. "Honestly, I wouldn't probably feel nothing inside. I live my life, he lives his. I just don't have to deal with him."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/03/19/darius-slay-blasts-detroit-lions-coach-matt-patricia-way-out-door/2880623001/