Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theProf

Drafttek's 7-round Mock Draft of March 19

1.   K'Lavon Chaisson  Edge   LSU

Atlanta filled its most pressing pass-rushing needs by signing Dante Fowler to a three-year deal today. But Takk McKinley is likely gone next year, and Chaisson has shown his ability to play off the line of scrimmage. With De'Vondre Campbell apparently headed elsewhere, Chaisson can step in as a slightly-larger version of Isaiah Simmons. Chaisson can rush the passer, drop into coverage, and defend wide runs. He is the sort of "game wrecker" Quinn and Dimitroff have been looking for. With the loss of Desmond Trufant, they could be looking at a corner here or even trade back for more picks.

2.   AJ Terrell  CB  Clemson

3.   AJ Dillon  RB  Boston College

4a  James Proche  WR/Returner  SMU

4b  Shaun Bradley  OLB  Temple

7   Frederick Mauigoa  OC  Washington State

2 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

If we draft another WR I'm about to go *&@#$%^&!. They'd better go all defense this draft

We’d be fools not to draft a receiver out of this class with Julio often injured, Calvin coming of injury, Gage often injured, and Zaccheus being a relative unknown despite providing a spark last season. 

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

We’d be fools not to draft a receiver out of this class with Julio often injured, Calvin coming of injury, Gage often injured, and Zaccheus being a relative unknown despite providing a spark last season. 

Julio has missed 3 games in the last 5 seasons....When are people going to stop giving Julio this label due to injuries in the first 3 years of his career. Almost every time he gets hurt he plays through it.

We have too many holes to be worrying about a position we have one of the best ever, a great #2 and a few other guys that can also play behind them.

14 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Then they better be fools.  They've brought a WR in every year either through the draft, FA signing or UDFA. We don't need to waste a draft pick on one this year

35 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Julio has missed 3 games in the last 5 seasons....When are people going to stop giving Julio this label due to injuries in the first 3 years of his career. Almost every time he gets hurt he plays through it.

We have too many holes to be worrying about a position we have one of the best ever, a great #2 and a few other guys that can also play behind them.

He’s stayed relatively healthy as of late, but still comes off the field at the most random of times leaving us often one dimensional.  

Another receiver is pertinent.  Calvin is awesome but hasn’t necessarily shown the ability to be “the guy” in critical situations.  I like Gage a lot, but he’s not sure fired.  Zaccheus is still an unknown.  They all lack lack as well.

They secured a decent edge player in FA. The Falcons better not stop there and keep progressing this defense. 

LB, Edge,DT, and S as well. I personally see LB and S as huge needs for this group. 

I'd be mad at this if it means they're definitely moving on from Takk, because THAT means we burned 2 first round picks on guys who can't or won't play.

If we do it because you can't have too many pass rushers and they intend to light a fire under Takk, that's a different kettle of fish and I'd be fine with it, even though I think we now have more pressing needs.

My main issue is I'm not really sold on any of the 2nd tier pass rushers in this draft, and everyone after Young is 2nd tier.  As I said in another thread, I'd rather have the best corner over the 4th best DE.

42 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'd be mad at this if it means they're definitely moving on from Takk, because THAT means we burned 2 first round picks on guys who can't or won't play.

If we do it because you can't have too many pass rushers and they intend to light a fire under Takk, that's a different kettle of fish and I'd be fine with it, even though I think we now have more pressing needs.

My main issue is I'm not really sold on any of the 2nd tier pass rushers in this draft, and everyone after Young is 2nd tier.  As I said in another thread, I'd rather have the best corner over the 4th best DE.

Well, we likely have no shot at the best CB or the best DE. Will likely be looking at the #2-3 CB and DE...at 16 the only positions we may have a shot at the top talent are S, RB, IOL

Don't really like what they've projected here, but in all reality, Draftek is always the least plugged into reality when ranking players beyond the first round. 

So I never use any of their empirical data or mocks while getting a feel for what the Falcons might do.

5 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

Then they better be fools.  They've brought a WR in every year either through the draft, FA signing or UDFA. We don't need to waste a draft pick on one this year

I have no problem with Atlanta drafting a WR, especially one who can double as a Returner.  Falcons currently have no Punt Returner, since they have not re-signed Barner or Hardy.

6 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

When’s Julio often injured ?

Hes missed like 1  game in the last 3 seasons.

Man id like to see what Zaccheus and Blake can offer before drafting anyone.

8 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

WR is the deepest position. Can likely still get a starter in the 4th

11 minutes ago, Romfal said:

WR is the deepest position. Can likely still get a starter in the 4th

We got Gage in the 6th.

Blake and Zaccheus are UDFAs did the job when asked though the first mentioned gave away some untimely procedural penalties.

What we do lose when we lost Sanu is blocking outside for outside zone runs upfield that’s one thing I’d mention.

8 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Julio’s has actually for some time now been one of more durable elite receivers in league.

I do agree this is a talented deep draft class at WR. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Julio’s has actually for some time now been one of more durable elite receivers in league.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

When’s Julio often injured ?

Hes missed like 1  game in the last 3 seasons.

Man id like to see what Zaccheus and Blake can offer before drafting anyone.

Y’all keep talking about overall games played whereas I’m talking about him coming off the field gimpy and on critical downs.

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Y’all keep talking about overall games played whereas I’m talking about him coming off the field gimpy and on critical downs.

Lol.

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

You think that has more to do with the OC than actually Julio coming off injured?

I mean Julio gimpy basically carried the Falcons to the SB in 2016.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Lol.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

You think that has more to do with the OC than actually Julio coming off injured?

I mean Julio gimpy basically carried the Falcons to the SB in 2016.

Choose to recognize it or not.  We’ve all bashed our heads over Julio not being on the field on a 3rd down after he has taken himself out of the game.  Do not misinterpret what I’m saying as trying to bash Julio.  That is not the case.