Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Refried Beans

Keep drafting athletes from Top Tier Football Colleges!

Who are the best players on our team? 

Julio Jones- Alabama

Calvin RIdley- Alabama

Deon Jones- LSU

Grady Jarrett- Clemson

Russell Gage- LSU

Yea I know VB was a flop. But the hit to fail ratio improves when you draft from top tier football schools and conferences. 

Alabama, LSU, Florida, UGA, Ohio State, etc....

Big 12, Pac 10, Mountain West all these kids are 3rd 4th round. Rounds 1-3 need to be SEC, ACC, and Big Ten athletes. Just like everything else in life you get what you pay for. And with a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick I am taking a Lexus over a Toyota. These kids graded out as four and five star athletes and went to top tier schools for a reason. Drafting kids from Pac 10, Big 12 schools are overthinking it. 

I love the fact we got Dante Fowler. Him and Keanu Neal are two more examples of getting athletes from TOP TIER football schools like UF. Teams that play in the best conferences. SEC, ACC, Big Ten Superior to other conferences. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Certain schools have high talent at certain positions. You dont have to draft from BCS schools in order to be successful. 

Just curious in the last 5 years what percentage of kids were drafted from which conferences? I have to imagine if someone broke this down the SEC would be first the ACC 2nd and the Big Ten 3rd. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of these numbers. Let me see if I can find something on-line. 

Found it: 

2019 Draft breakdown by Conference 

SEC #1- 64

Big 10- 40

Pac 12- 33

ACC- 28

Big 12- 26

AAC- 11

Mountain West- 10

MAC- 9 

Independent- 8

FCS- 7

C-USA- 6

DIV II- 5

MEAC- 2

SWAC- 2

Big Sky- 1

Ohio Valley- 1

Sun Belt- 1

9 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Just curious in the last 5 years what percentage of kids were drafted from which conferences? I have to imagine if someone broke this down the SEC would be first the ACC 2nd and the Big Ten 3rd. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of these numbers. Let me see if I can find something on-line. 

As usual you completely overlook the point being made. With that being said, I'm out 

10 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

You can't compare this. There is top tier talent that come from lower division schools that couldn't get into the big conferences due to grades, test scores or law trouble. They don't get the TV time exposure in order to "shine". There has been so much discrimination of not looking at small school talent its ridiculous. Also its some big time "Big School" talent that have declared/committed to Division II schools this year that can brawl with the best of them.

Carson Wentz - NDSU

Delanie Walker - Central Missouri State

Terron Armestead - Arkansas Pine-Bluff

Macolm Butler - West Alabama

Jimmy G - Southern Illinois

David Johnson - Northern Iowa

Adam Thielen - Minnesota State