Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Romfal

Trevon Diggs, day 1 starter at 16

I think he’s a good Day 2 guy, but I feel like he got exposed in some of the bigger games this year. Namely got beat pretty bad by LSU, but then again who didn’t. 

1 hour ago, Sui_Generis said:

The only other DB that I like more is Winfield Jr.

Diggs looks nice. I cannot help but imagine what it would be like with him roaming the middle of the field as a safety. 

But more than likely he will be drafted as a CB. 

Still he is an intriguing prospect. 

I can see Diggs playing Corner for 7 years then playing 5 more as a safety in his 30's. Think that speaks volumes on the type of player we would get

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You don’t know if he’s a reach or not and stop pretending you know whether or not other teams want to trade up to 16. Until the draft starts falling a certain way, no one knows. The guys going straight up mocks are doing it right.

There are always  2-3 guys in each draft that the "draft media" believes will be 2nd rounders but we see them go mid-to-late 1st round.   Keanu Neal and Chris Lindstrom to name a few Falcons first rounders over the last few years -   Neal panned out(other than injury) and Lindstrom's future looks bright as well.   The NY Jets were said to be prepared to take Neal a few spots behind us in 2016 and last year the Minnesota Vikings were set to take Lindstrom a few spots behind Falcons last year.

We Falcon fans and NFL draft fans in general - take the consensus of the "draft media" as gospel but it's not.  Heck once you get to the 4th round, a high percentage of the guys drafted aren't on any 300 deep draft boards.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

There are always  2-3 guys in each draft that the "draft media" believes will be 2nd rounders but we see them go mid-to-late 1st round.   Keanu Neal and Chris Lindstrom to name a few Falcons first rounders over the last few years -   Neal panned out(other than injury) and Lindstrom's future looks bright as well.   The NY Jets were said to be prepared to take Neal a few spots behind us in 2016 and last year the Minnesota Vikings were set to take Lindstrom a few spots behind Falcons last year.

We Falcon fans and NFL draft fans in general - take the consensus of the "draft media" as gospel but it's not.  Heck once you get to the 4th round, a high percentage of the guys drafted aren't on any 300 deep draft boards.

Can't say Neal panned out if he can't stay on the field, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

Can't say Neal panned out if he can't stay on the field, unfortunately.

Yeah, I get it.....but he was on track to panning out before the injuries.   Much moreso than Sean Weatherspoon.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

People forget there has to be an “other team” involved that is trying to build their team as well. 

Gotta love the “just trade down” like it’s that easy crowd! 

Or the "should've traded Tru & Free" last year, without having a clue as to what those deals entailed.

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Or the "should've traded Tru & Free" last year, without having a clue as to what those deals entailed.

Honestly,   there was no excuse not to trade Free - even if it was for no more than a 7th round pick - it was obvious to all by mid-season that Free was gonna be a CUT in 2020.

Tru would have been a little trickier because he was still a good player but also had a high salary which probably made him unattractive.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Honestly,   there was no excuse not to trade Free - even if it was for no more than a 7th round pick - it was obvious to all by mid-season that Free was gonna be a CUT in 2020.

Tru would have been a little trickier because he was still a good player but also had a high salary which probably made him unattractive.

I personally would have cut Free prior to last year, but none of us know what the discussions were regarding Free, and that is my point.

9 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I personally would have cut Free prior to last year, but none of us know what the discussions were regarding Free, and that is my point.

Supposedly Detroit was interested and my point is ANY OFFER should have been accepted.  

37 minutes ago, Romfal said:

I can see Diggs playing Corner for 7 years then playing 5 more as a safety in his 30's. Think that speaks volumes on the type of player we would get

Charles Woodson esque! I like it. 

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

I dont get this logic. What makes you certain he can be had later? How often are mock drafts correct? He is the 2 to 4th best corner in the class depending on who you ask, so he can even go before we pick.

TD always stays put or moves up and gets his guy.

TD always 'reaches' according to fans to get his guy. Neither of those will likely change this year. 

It takes 2 to 'tango' and get a trade done. Often times no one wants to move up, I dont think there are great move up targets this year unless a QB drops.

I guess as far as he can be had later thing is i don't value him anymore than i do other corners like Fulton or Henderson so by trading down i get another pick and can take a player i see comparable to him even if it's not a CB.   As far as what TD does trust me i know it's not his thing and if anything he goes up wasting more draft capital which is a big reason we lack depth as much as we always do at times lol.  On the it takes 2 to tango thing i've seen enough drafts by now in my life time to know theirs ALWAYS a team willing to trade up now rather it is the amount of value you are willing to accept to move down is another thing.  If you are willing to settle for a 3rd and a 6th instead of a 2nd then im sure a trade could happen but if those 2 picks aren't worth it to you compared to getting a extra 2nd then you don't do it.  But i refuse to believe you absolutely can't trade down because no team ants to move up as it happens every single year way to often to believe no one wants to move up at all.     I'll honestly say though i don't feel TD reaches that often on picks as the only 2 i can think of would probably be Neal and Lindstrom compared to where the avg analyst had expected them to go and both of those imo will be hits in the long run as Neal already has been and i had Lindstrom as the best OG in the draft last year.   But i'll also agree that it's not a reach depending on how you feel on a certain player and im sure you and a few others like Diggs more than i do.  So far me it would be a reach but for yall it's probably not and i understand that so in my eyes even trading down just a little and getting a 3rd or 4th would make it more acceptable taking a guy like him that early than just settling for someone i see less value in than players at other positions i feel are better values at 16. 

53 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It’s like they think no one else would noticed that they weren’t as good as their salaries. 

We probably would have had to eat some of that money and for a late round pick at that! 

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You don’t know if he’s a reach or not and stop pretending you know whether or not other teams want to trade up to 16. Until the draft starts falling a certain way, no one knows. The guys going straight up mocks are doing it right.

very very true

11 hours ago, Romfal said:

Not crazy about Diggs in the first but, I like him as a player. I'd just be happier in the 2nd. 

MY CB List: 

A+. Jeff O - likely gone. 

A-. Bryce Hall

B+. Damon Arnett

B+. Jaylon Johnson 

B. and Diggs (I think he has minor physical limitations when compared to this group but, he covers it up with smart play. As far as NFL ready, I'd rate him with my top 2)

B-minus.Cameron Dantzler

I'd love to have any of them. 

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Sean Har low comes to mind 

quick name another, WITHOUT looking it up....shall I name a few more 'bloodlines' I know off the top of my head?

Bobby Bonds, Barry Bonds, baseball.

Ray Boone, Bob Boone, Brett Boone, baseball  (yeah, showing my age, but then I didn't know you were also 12 years old)

Howie Long, Chris Long, Bob Griese, Brian Griese, Phil Simms, Cris Simms, Craig Heyward, Cam Heyward, The Pouncey Brothers, (there are several brothers, but I digress, I was trying to think of just those from one generation to the next).... I mean come on, if you want to do some google, bet my list would be longer than yours  

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

It’s like they think no one else would noticed that they weren’t as good as their salaries. 

We probably would have had to eat some of that money and for a late round pick at that! 

Exactly!