Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cheyakita

Post Fowler mock draft

Recommended Posts

Well after the Fowler signing I think our draft becomes a little more open as far as what direction we go. Personally I feel the D front line is still missing a few pieces, and I feel CB can be had a little later with the emergence of Sheffield last year. Some of theses guys like Pride and Lemieux may go earlier but as of today this is close to where they will be available. Love it or hate it, its just for fun, but I really wouldn't mind it going this way.

 

Round 1  - Javon Kinlaw - DL  - SC

 

Round 2. Jonathan Taylor - RB - WIS

 

Round 3. Bradlee Anae - DE - Utah

 

Round 4 A. Shane Lemiueux - LG - ORE

 

Round 4B. - Troy Pride Jr - CB - ND

 

Round 7. Justin Strnad - LB - WF

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, West Sider said:

I don’t think there’s any chance that Taylor makes it to our 2nd pick. But sure would love to have him. 

I think its likely Swift will be the first off the board and at the 32 spot for KC, Taylor has better odds to fall to us as RB's are not as valued as they previously were. Dobbins wouldn't be a bad consolation prize though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

We must have a lb earlier than that. We have nothing at Sam right now.

Unless we trade back and acquire another pick we might need to hope to grab one in FA. Again, if we sign a vet CB, you could add Willie Gay or Jordyn Brooks as possible LB targets for the Pride pick. And we all know post draft players get traded or cut so we still have options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Unless we trade back and acquire another pick we might need to hope to grab one in FA. Again, if we sign a vet CB, you could add Willie Gay or Jordyn Brooks as possible LB targets for the Pride pick. And we all know post draft players get traded or cut so we still have options.

That 3rd rounder could easily be a LB. Just bring back Clay and we're set at DE at least for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

That 3rd rounder could easily be a LB. Just bring back Clay and we're set at DE at least for this year.

Thats true, especially if Cominsky makes good strides in season 2. I just don't trust in Takk, hope he proves me wrong, but feel we need another young rusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Thats true, especially if Cominsky makes good strides in season 2. I just don't trust in Takk, hope he proves me wrong, but feel we need another young rusher.

I think we do too, but it can wait a year. We have Takk for one year and we are gonna give him the opportunity. Sink or swim. Replace him next year if necessary. Grady got his buddy, now Debo needs his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheyakita said:

I think its likely Swift will be the first off the board and at the 32 spot for KC, Taylor has better odds to fall to us as RB's are not as valued as they previously were. Dobbins wouldn't be a bad consolation prize though. 

Taylor is the most productive back in college history, and put down.a.sub 4.4 at the combine. He's proven to be durable at the position. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the first back taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheyakita said:

Well after the Fowler signing I think our draft becomes a little more open as far as what direction we go. Personally I feel the D front line is still missing a few pieces, and I feel CB can be had a little later with the emergence of Sheffield last year. Some of theses guys like Pride and Lemieux may go earlier but as of today this is close to where they will be available. Love it or hate it, its just for fun, but I really wouldn't mind it going this way.

 

Round 1  - Javon Kinlaw - DL  - SC

 

Round 2. Jonathan Taylor - RB - WIS

 

Round 3. Bradlee Anae - DE - Utah

 

Round 4 A. Shane Lemiueux - LG - ORE

 

Round 4B. - Troy Pride Jr - CB - ND

 

Round 7. Justin Strnad - LB - WF

 

We will draft a CB with one of our first 3 picks, guaranteed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My latest?

1) Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama--- Fills a gaping void

2) Neville Gallimore, DL, Oklahoma--- Running mate for Grady

3) Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU--- potential superstar RB. Ride his rookie contract for 4 years, at most slap a 1-year tag on him then draft his replacement.

4a) Keith Ismael, C, San Diego State--- cut Alex Mack, use money on FA SAM backer

4b) Kenny Willekes, Edge, Michigan St.--- to either push or replace Takk

7) some rando TE from LSU that I never heard of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

Well after the Fowler signing I think our draft becomes a little more open as far as what direction we go. Personally I feel the D front line is still missing a few pieces, and I feel CB can be had a little later with the emergence of Sheffield last year. Some of theses guys like Pride and Lemieux may go earlier but as of today this is close to where they will be available. Love it or hate it, its just for fun, but I really wouldn't mind it going this way.

 

Round 1  - Javon Kinlaw - DL  - SC

 

Round 2. Jonathan Taylor - RB - WIS

 

Round 3. Bradlee Anae - DE - Utah

 

Round 4 A. Shane Lemiueux - LG - ORE

 

Round 4B. - Troy Pride Jr - CB - ND

 

Round 7. Justin Strnad - LB - WF

 

LOVE IT!!!

Too good to be true though...we will be trading all over the place and picking players too high and from schools you've never heard of.

I'd be very pleased if your draft happened!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

My latest?

1) Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama--- Fills a gaping void

2) Neville Gallimore, DL, Oklahoma--- Running mate for Grady

3) Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU--- potential superstar RB. Ride his rookie contract for 4 years, at most slap a 1-year tag on him then draft his replacement.

4a) Keith Ismael, C, San Diego State--- cut Alex Mack, use money on FA SAM backer

4b) Kenny Willekes, Edge, Michigan St.--- to either push or replace Takk

7) some rando TE from LSU that I never heard of.

You want to cut our stud Center for a 4th round rookie to bring in a mediocre LB out of whatever is left in late April/Early May? Meanwhile we would still have James Carpenter, Matt Gono or Jamon Brown playing LG?

Yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Taylor myself, especially if we are truly going more outside zone, he is more of a downhill, between the tackles, kind of guy.  Good runner, but he has terrible hands and will add little to no value as a receiver.  Also has over 1,000 carries too, so will likely wear down earlier in career.  If he fell to the third, fine, but there will be backs that will add more than one dimension in the 3rd and 4th.  Freeman was our best pass catching back by far and we just cut him, we need someone who can fill that role as well, not just upgrade the ground game.  If we fall behind in a game, Taylor would be sitting on the bench, can’t spend a second round pick on a back that can’t catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rings said:

Not a fan of Taylor myself, especially if we are truly going more outside zone, he is more of a downhill, between the tackles, kind of guy.  Good runner, but he has terrible hands and will add little to no value as a receiver.  Also has over 1,000 carries too, so will likely wear down earlier in career.  If he fell to the third, fine, but there will be backs that will add more than one dimension in the 3rd and 4th.  Freeman was our best pass catching back by far and we just cut him, we need someone who can fill that role as well, not just upgrade the ground game.

I agree I think Taylor has a lot of miles on those tires.  Also I think the Dolphins will take him before we could 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

I think its likely Swift will be the first off the board and at the 32 spot for KC, Taylor has better odds to fall to us as RB's are not as valued as they previously were. Dobbins wouldn't be a bad consolation prize though. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Taylor falls in our lap but from what I have seen, there will be a very good back on the board in round 2 when we draft no matter what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...