Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Anyone think Itto Smith can and will be our lead running back?

I don’t think OP was asking if we wanted to draft a RB, but rather if all things remain the same, what are our thoughts on Ito & company.

Clearly we’d all like an upgrade at some point but hopefully not at the expense of early rd draft capital.  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, caponine said:

Rather draft Clyde Edwards , Taylor or Etienne

Etienne didn’t declare for the draft. Big thumbs up on Edwards-Hilaire. Taylor won’t be there in the 3rd and he’ll be over drafted based on combine and big college numbers. Falcons need a RB with home run ability though. I like the kid from Appalachian State as a potential late round gem. 

Ito has finished both his pro years on IR. I like him a lot as a third down back but nothing about him says #1 guy at the pro level. 

Edited by EpicBird

I've got faith in the guy... but I don't think he can do it alone. All our current RB's are rotational/situational pieces. We've gotten by with that formula before.

I still want a BIG bruiser!

5 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

Etienne didn’t declare for the draft. Big thumbs up on Edwards-Hilaire. Taylor won’t be there in the 3rd and he’ll be over drafted based on combine and big college numbers. Falcons need a RB with home run ability though. I like the kid from Appalachian State as a potential late round gem. 

Ito has finished both is pro years on IR. I like him A lot as a third down back but nothing about him says #1 guy at the pro level. 

If he gets hurt next year , his whole draft stock plummets. This was not a smart move in anyway but yeah i was watching Clyde Edwards in the championshio game and i was thinking this is the type of back that we need 

Ito is a great player, but I have doubts that he can last a full season without being hurt. I think hes a great change of pace back, but that's about it. The starter needs to be Q or a Rookie.