Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Stay far away from Henderson. Dude wants nothing to do with tackling.

How good is his coverage that he doesnt have to worry about tackling? Lol like if he is going to deion sanders then dont worry a out tackling 10 other guys can do that... I dont know to much a out his cover skills

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Both Kinlaw and CJ Henderson are available at 16.  What would you do here?  Trade back knowing one of them would still be there, while picking up an extra pick.

I would take Kinlaw.

As to the trading back and still get one of them - you literally cannot assume this.  Both Kinlaw and Henderson figure to go Top 20 and if you trade back more than one spot you could lose the player.

Are we able to just trade back a few slots , grab Patrick Queen , and still take a corner with our 2nd rounder ? If the situation falls like that , we could take Queen , CB, DT/RB in the top 100 still . Would rather that than trading up for Kinlaw Honestly 

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We need a Starting CB, SLB, DT, RB, OG.

Moving up for him would not be best for business.

The problem is that you say we need STARTER, but we really don't.  We need better than what we has last year or someone to fill voids left from releases. 

BUT,

LG is more depth IMO because we have 2 or 3 players who would be battling it out along with a possible DP or UDFA.

CB is speculative especially since we have 2 players who are expected to be pushed into starting roles.  Oliver, BWW, Sheffield, and Miller are good to above average on this team (Miller will be out 3 games, but will play next year) so I can see the other three manning the top spots along with Kazee or a later draft pick/FA vet signing later in the offseason.

DT is up in the air because you say we need a STARTER, but we don't we just need a playmaker in the pass rush and/or better rotation.  We have GJ, Davidson, Senat and Mariner, and adding someone like Kinlaw/Brown or a 2nd round DT could round it out very well.

RB is almost the same in that we have 3 very decent RBs that all do something well differently.  We haven't seen enough from Ollison, Hill isn't back for sure but he's been tendered and Smith is injury prone as of recently. 

SLB is probably the most I agree with you on, but we run a 5-2 mostly anyways, so it would be easier to replace Campbell than it would be keeping him IMO>

The issue is that we have holes that need to be filled, but very few that we need a firm replacement for, more like players that can come in and help this team add to the talent.  

6 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

This DL: Fowler, Kinlaw, Jarrett and Mckinley 

... would be formidable on passing downs. I say go get the man. Trade up. 

I would love to be able to get Kinlaw.. But do you reallize what we would have to give to move up to get him??  I just don't think TD would give what it would take to move up to get him..  And I'm not sure we should pay that price ...  I'd say cost would be to much.. We could get everything we need ,, IF we don't trade up in the first round. And as much as I'd love love to get Kinlaw,, Even I wouldn't give what it would take.. I'd rather us keep the picks we will have by sticking to our picks and useing them wisely.. WE could end up getting every thing we need to be a true contender this comeing season.    

Now; ,, if we did trade up , I'd be jumping for joy..:tiphat:

12 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

This DL: Fowler, Kinlaw, Jarrett and Mckinley 

... would be formidable on passing downs. I say go get the man. Trade up. 

We've only got next year's first as ammo since we wasted that 2nd on a third string TE. At #16 there will be a CB we need just as badly--- Henderson or Diggs--- as we do a DL. Maybe Cominsky can kick inside on nickle packages, which modern NFL defenses use 70% of snaps anyway?

In any case, we cannot trade up without mortgaging next year's top draft pick.

13 hours ago, djbrough said:

Chaisson in the first (Campbell replacement). Jordan Elliot in the second. Best CB remaining in the third. Guard in the 4th.

If Kinlaw is there, you take him. I just don't think he will be.

I think we have two 4th-round picks, thanks to the Hurst trade.  So, maybe add a RB in the 4th.  

1 hour ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

We've only got next year's first as ammo since we wasted that 2nd on a third string TE. At #16 there will be a CB we need just as badly--- Henderson or Diggs--- as we do a DL. Maybe Cominsky can kick inside on nickle packages, which modern NFL defenses use 70% of snaps anyway?

Man, you are really sore about the trade!  I really dig your passion, but at some point, you should just let it go.......for your own good.

I happen to think that HH will turn out to be a good TE for us.  But, hey, that is just my opinion.  

I agree with not trading up.  I really want this Kinlaw kid, but we won meaningless games last year and that put us out of serious contention for Kinlaw. So, we should stay put or trade down this year....depending on what is on the board at #16.

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Cominsky played inside quite a bit last year

Kinlaw is the new "must draft" player for 2020. Every year we see this message board tell us about the must have player and every year the player is either taken before we pick or we simply pass on him.

I'm with 100% confidence now in saying we will not draft Kinlaw.

14 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Kinlaw is the new "must draft" player for 2020. Every year we see this message board tell us about the must have player and every year the player is either taken before we pick or we simply pass on him.

Exactly what I think is truth,,,,, Kinlaw,, That's all ...... The one player that can help this team this year more than any other player is Kinlaw... JMO.. signed Draftnut57

29 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I will have to say,, I;m sure they would strangle everybody in the draft room with heel dust getting their pick in..  :slick:   But he will not fall to 16  :sadwave:  I don't think there is a team that would not love to have this player.. hey,, I wouldn't doubt he will be the biggest riser in the draft on draft day..

Posted (edited)

Kinlaw wont fall pass the 49ers,the jags and the bucs. Who are drafting ahead of us.

They have to make a julio jones type trade to get him. If you feel he can make them a top 5 d. Pull the trigger.

Edited by RazorWing

I think our odds of getting Kinlaw have severely diminished after re-signing Davidson and releasing Trufant. We now have a glaring hole at corner and an ok situation at tackle. And you know trader tom likes to draft him some need.

22 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Yeah. Gosh dang it. Why trade for Hurst?! I don’t get that trade. 

Matt Ryan loves himself a tight end. You saw how he was with Gonzo, Tammy, and Hooper. We got a first round talent with a low second round pic, saved millions by not resigning Hooper. With Jones and Ridley engulfing the coverage, this man will run for days over the middle. This tight end draft is garbage and we know it. If Hurst has less than 700 yards and 6 touchdowns, please remind me of this post, but I think it was a very well thought out deal. Hurst lost his job initially to injury, but with Jackson's first year they barely ever threw the ball. They stayed where Lamar was comfortable with Andrews and a blocking TE. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised 

I’m in a small minority, but I don’t get the Kinlaw hype. Don’t get me wrong, he looks good, but nothing about him screams to me OMG must have. He honestly looks like another guy, a good piece to have, to me. 

3 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Matt Ryan loves himself a tight end. You saw how he was with Gonzo, Tammy, and Hooper. We got a first round talent with a low second round pic, saved millions by not resigning Hooper. With Jones and Ridley engulfing the coverage, this man will run for days over the middle. This tight end draft is garbage and we know it. If Hurst has less than 700 yards and 6 touchdowns, please remind me of this post, but I think it was a very well thought out deal. Hurst lost his job initially to injury, but with Jackson's first year they barely ever threw the ball. They stayed where Lamar was comfortable with Andrews and a blocking TE. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised 

Hope so.