Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NUPE

Where do you see us going after signing Fowler & trading for Hurst

1 hour ago, Nino11 said:

I keep seeing people mention Okudah at 16 and I’m just wondering what substance abuse is causing people to think he will be there at 16

Don’t expect him to be there, but you just never know. Especially if some team prefers Henderson for some reason. Is Okudah as high a prospect as Ward or Ramsey was?

Decided to look into it some, here is where the top CB was taken past 5 drafts.

2019 - 30 - D Baker

2018 - 4 (2nd CB at 18) -D Ward

2017 - 11 (2nd CB at 16) - M Lattimore

2016 - 5 (2nd CB at 10) - J Ramsey

2015 - 11 (2nd CB at 16) - T Waynes 

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Don’t expect him to be there, but you just never know. Especially if some team prefers Henderson for some reason. Is Okudah as high a prospect as Ward or Ramsey was?

2019 - 30 - D Baker

Okudah is one of the highest rated DBs to come out in some time. I havnt seen many people rate him less then number 3 overall 

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

2019 - 30 - D Baker

Basically, the top CB goes anywhere from 4-11. Last year was a total outlier considering the class was not very good at all. 

1 minute ago, Nino11 said:

Okudah is one of the highest rated DBs to come out in some time. I havnt seen many people rate him less then number 3 overall 

Probably since Ramsey...Ramsey was a big time prospect. Ward was a surprise at 4, and couldn’t recall if Okudah was as good as Lattimore.

10 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Man it's kinda what tampa did. The front 7 is nasty.

They’ve lost/are losing a good number of pieces on that d-line though. Beau Allen, Carl Nassib, and Suh are all already gone or will likely be gone. Should hopefully weaken their run D at least a decent bit. 

8 CB's ranked in Top 40 overall by CBS Sports, so probability is high that at least 1 of them will be available by Rd 2, pick 47.

My move after the Fowler signing would be if Kinlaw is gone before pick 16, Kenny Murray would be a killer value for us at 16! Then snap up one of the remaining elite 8 CB's at 47. If possible to get JK Dobbins at 78, and Raekwon Davis at 119, no brainer to me.

That's my perfect world Rd 1-4 dream draft as it stands now...

1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Okudah seems pretty obvious to me but then again Swift is the sexier pick therefore I’m lead to believe Blank will strongly advise Dimi to draft him 

If Blank is even in the room on draft day I hope Quinn gives him a wedgie on live TV. 

There's no telling...Look what happened last year. Signed Brown and Carpenter to starter-like contracts with most of us thinking they'll be starting at LG and RG, respectively. Then we double dip at OL in the first round.

The smart move is BPA on defense IMO...Ideally, you want that to be a DT, CB or LB with outside chance of DE at this point considering Fowler is signed.

However, anything is possible with how we are in first rounds of drafts over the years.

1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Okudah seems pretty obvious to me but then again Swift is the sexier pick therefore I’m lead to believe Blank will strongly advise Dimi to draft him 

Exactly.

It isn't all TD

The draft board will be set by the front office as a group imo.

Then the chips will fall in place.

If I’m TD and the seat is feeling pretty hot my picks are Murray if he’s there and Dobbins if he’s there. That’s two positions rookies impact pretty quickly and two positions of need. Then hope those lineman from last year really shine, Hurst plays well, and Fowler gets double digit sacks. All that and Quinn can fail miserably and TD is easily insulated. 

2 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Honestly I don’t like some of what I’ve seen from Kinlaw but at this point I don’t care who we draft. None of them are chase young lol so I’ll just have to learn to love whomever 

So what is it you don’t like about kinlaw 

1 hour ago, Dukeduke211 said:

Exactly.

It isn't all TD

The draft board will be set by the front office as a group imo.

Then the chips will fall in place.

Lol according to some around here any bad pick is a dimi pick and any good pick was pioli or Quinn’s guy:lol: