Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NUPE

Where do you see us going after signing Fowler & trading for Hurst

Posted (edited)

Do we still go DLine at 16? I think picking a Rb is too high at 16. Do we go BPA or trade back and possibly pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd if there is a run on a position that we don’t need? 

Do we go corner since Trufant is gone? 

Do you see us picking up any other free agents?

Edited by NUPE

13 minutes ago, NUPE said:

Do we still go DLine at 16? I think picking a Rb is too high at 16. Do we go BPA or trade back and possibly pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd if there is a run on a position that we don’t need? 

Do we go corner since Trufant is gone? 

Do you see us picking up and other free agents?

Dt or LB 

I could see DE for sure, still. Did the same routine at OG last year. We have really nothing if Takk bangs up his shoulder again or Fowler gets hurt/sucks, etc. Plus, FO was iffy on his fifth year option. They also loved KLC while probably already knowing they're gonna go after a splash DE in the FA. Lot of guys are gonna immediately say, "oh guaranteed CB now." Be real, when is the last time the Falcons have done what you thought they'd do? They're gonna go after another DE/OLB.

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

More than I thought. Personally, I think he’s best as a 4-3 SAM linebacker, a la Campbell. He’s not a real, pass rusher IMO, and more of an off the ball type. In the draft, I think Zach Bain is a similar player and should be utilized accordingly.

21 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

CB is definitely not a guarantee at 16. It could be almost anything..CB, S, DE, DT, OG, LB

I doubt it OG after last year but all the other options are definitely on the table. 

To me this doesn’t change who you draft but maybe if you must move up or not.

23 minutes ago, RYNE said:

It’s going to be CB in round 1. 

I am just nervous as to what the helI we are going to do at LB

Really I like what Ulbrich has done with Olukuon,turned a 6th rounder into a credible NFL starter.

Morris did a down right good job on the secondary last half of last year hope Whitt Jnr can keep the momentum going on the development of Sheffield Oliver and co.Neal back from injury will help aswell.

Upfront is where the difference has to come.Lupoi has the job to do in my eyes get Jarrett some legitimate help alongside him and I think this defense is good to go.

Getting Fowler allows us some flexibility in the draft now.  I think if Kinlaw is available, they take him at 16, (subsequent release of Bailey).  If Kinlaw gone and assuming Okudah is gone, they could take CJ Henderson, but if a team is looking to move up from the low 20's, I could see us moving back and grabbing an extra pick in the 3rd. In that scenario, we pick up Patrick Queen or Kenneth Murray and look at CB in the 2nd, AJ Terrell would be a steal, (could even take the extra 4th to try and move up in the 2nd to get him).  But, solidifying an edge rusher allows us to manuever.

31 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I see us creating more cap room.  Bailey will be cut, Mack possibly restructed....

And I think Dre will be brought back along with Wilson

Has Campbell signed anywhere yet?? I figured he'd come back on a cheap deal

Posted (edited)

Re-sign Campbell for cheap
Re-sign Wreh-Wilson for cheap

CB in the 1st Round
DT in the 2nd Round
HB in the 3rd Round

Cut Bailey if needed to create space and Restructure Mack/Ryan/Julio as needed.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

41 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Okudah at 16 if he’s there or

Trade Down get more picks Take Ross Blaylock at 22 pick up an extra 3/4 

Glad we signed Fowler not a Chaisson fan at all 

I keep seeing people mention Okudah at 16 and I’m just wondering what substance abuse is causing people to think he will be there at 16

2 minutes ago, wuskillzz said:

I hope we add a veteran corner.  We have alot of youth at corner.

Maybe a Robey-Coleman  type.  His contract wasn't bad with the Rams.  I don't know what his market value will be though.

yeah, I like the way you think there - just not sure how much money is left.   Makes sense to bring a vet in considering our top 3 corners now - two were rooks last year and one only has two years experience - would free us up to address other needs where we need to get younger like DT, LB and a RB.

8 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Re-sign Campbell for cheap
Re-sign Wreh-Wilson for cheap

CB in the 1st Round
DT in the 2nd Round
HB in the 3rd Round

Cut Bailey if needed to create space and Restructure Mack/Ryan/Julio as needed.

I’m surprised we haven’t already resigned Wreh-Wilson. Played really well down the stretch. Unless he’s looking for a big(ish) contract or something, youd think we’d have already resigned him.