Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Fowler Signed (CONFIRMED)

56 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Little less than I expected, and only 2 mil/yr more than Quinn got. Less than Za'Darius Smith last year too. Awesome. Digging this offseason. The draft is so much more open.

ThTs how I thought about it too. This signing changed my outlook on the draft. Im actually more excited about it now. 

15 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Further proof that cap space isn't real. I'm half kidding. We had $8.6M per spotrac before the signing, so unless it's backloaded to where he's making 8/20/20 or something along those lines, no idea how TD makes the numbers work

We still have Trufant cap hit Bailey, possible Schaub this summer to account for.  

27 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I'd rather the younger more potential Fowler for 3 years than Quinn for 5 with around the same price tag.

I'm curious how much Clowney goes for. If it's near 16m on average I will be disappointed we went after Fowler over him.

I agree but do we have 16M to spend?

Didn't think we could pull this off but glad to be wrong. Seems like we let go all the bad attitude guys (not counting Hoop in that group of course, but everyone else) and are bringing in some young talent that is thrilled to be here. The division is ripe for the taking so if we can nail this draft we should be back contending barring major injuries. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

well we have crossed off #1 Edge rusher and Tight End.   Draft picture becoming clearer.

Top Needs :

1. Cornerback
  2. Linebacker
  3. another passrusher (DE/DT)
  4. Left Guard
  5. Running Back
  6. Safety

something tells me w/ the original round tender of Brian Hill, Falcons may not consider RB as big a priority as most of us do - they may see Ollison, Hill and Ito as some type of "3-headed monster" that can get rolling with better run blocking.

I don't feel that way but Falcons might

Or, they agree with your take on the RBs, but view the 4 positions you listed as more pressing needs.

Love to know what they expect out of Cominsky and Sheffield this year.

Like to see a stud DT out of round one myself, but what I really want to see is them get this draft/FA right. 

Like this deal a lot. "Up to" 48 mil means there's probably  ton of incentives built in- may actually be a 2 year 24 mil deal, with another 24 mil of value tied up in the 3rd year, where Fowler either earns it or gets cut.

Like the Fowler and Hurst deals- both young players that can get better, didn't break the bank for either of them.

36 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Further proof that cap space isn't real. I'm half kidding. We had $8.6M per spotrac before the signing, so unless it's backloaded to where he's making 8/20/20 or something along those lines, no idea how TD makes the numbers work

i mean the cap is flexable..... We will hear about some contract restructures in the next couple of days tho

10 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Didn't think we could pull this off but glad to be wrong. Seems like we let go all the bad attitude guys (not counting Hoop in that group of course, but everyone else) and are bringing in some young talent that is thrilled to be here. The division is ripe for the taking so if we can nail this draft we should be back contending barring major injuries. 

Fowler has a long list of off-field indiscretions - nothing last year though.

6 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i mean the cap is flexable..... We will hear about some contract restructures in the next couple of days tho

That and the fact the Trufant was designated as a post June 1st  cut helps out as well. 

3 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Pls explain why him having 1 big season is any different than Vic Beasley?

Because he wasn't getting used in Jacksonville and still put up decent sack totals. Beasley was a full time player here...look at something other than just sack totals.

1 minute ago, SavvyFalcon89 said:

That and the fact the Trufant was designated as a post June 1st  cut helps out as well. 

that helps june 2nd tho... thats when that 10 mil is added

Fowler really opens the draft up for us. If we can bring back clayborn and get rid of Allen our D-Line is finally solid. For the draft I think we go corner first round or Line backer.

CB/LB/LG/RB/SS

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Slated to get $14.8M per spotrac, but the way FA was going he could have asked for more. Geriatric Quinn got 15Ms for 5 years. 

Quinn is 29 years old...geriatric.

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Quinn is 29 years old...geriatric.

I thought he was 30, but still 29 is right there. His contract will take him to age 34 season if he plays it out. 

Just now, Osiruz said:

I thought he was 30, but still 29 is right there. His contract will take him to age 34 season if he plays it out. 

Yep, it’s basically a 3 year deal, right when he may start to slow. No reason he can’t be effective until 32-33...Everson Griffin just has a great season at 32.

i am fine w the Fowler deal, would have preferred the Quinn deal though knowing years 4,5 would likely have never happened at the contract rate. It’s splitting hairs though, just Quinn is much more proven.

7 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Thank God. I jus knew we would be reaching for Edge in rnd 1.

Prepare yourselves for CB rnd 1. Small chance to Murray/Queen

We should still consider Epenesa or Gross-Matos in one, depending how board falls...especially in a trade down scenario. I like YGM’s tools...may take a year to blossom though.

Just my thoughts, it’s cool that many won’t agree.

Gonna need someone to replace Takk next season...assuming he can play a full season in 2020 even. Them shoulders are beat and until he learns something other than a bull rush they may continue to be a problem.

But are completely w you that at least now we don’t HAVE to take on if better talent is there.