Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Fowler Signed (CONFIRMED)

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Kinda surprised it's only a 3 year deal. Still jazzed. Guessing he might have been willing to take a little less for 3 years with contracts bound to escalate in the near future as cap explodes.

3 year window for Matt/Julio.

j/k

5 hours ago, athell said:

EdwardS numb nuts

If you are going to doom and gloom and Eeyore all over the boards at least spell the names right of the players you inevitably complain about.

He’s an idiot mate he just thinks if you plug in fat slow 2 gappers pass rush solved according to that fool.He’s one track no clue poster don’t sweat it.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Do we need to bash Beasley every chance we get?  Pretty sure his sack total was over twice anyone else on the team since being drafted.  He also created the 2nd most turnovers

Exactly wish the dude well and move on.

Beasley didn’t pan out like a lot wanted but the dude had a few decent seasons here I won’t hate on that.

7 hours ago, athell said:

UP TO 48 Million which means incentives are included...

Underachieved in a notoriously terrible situation under the Coughlin led Jaguars of which Fowler stated "They literally hated me".

We cried about paying '19 Beasley because Beasley peaked in '16.  Fowler is coming off his most productive year as a pro.  Go check my GamePass thread to watch some tape on Fowler so you can ditch the "do you watch american football" bs and realize that Fowler is the polar opposite of Vic Beasley.

What BS? The poster stated that the defensive tackle does not have significance in a defensive ends play...and that’s not correct, especially when it’s the best pass rushing DT in the NFL

12 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

"Vet minimum" is one of the most over used phrases on TATF.

Why on Earth would Bennet take vet minimum?

Since he is now getting to the point where he is playing for 2 different teams in ONE season and is a situational player, one could only hope.

BTW, criticizing other peoples comments without offering anything constructive is the single most overused (played out) thing on TATF.

8 hours ago, athell said:

Great thread with some film replay vvv

Thought the same thing watching Fowler's All-22. Dude affected so many plays he didn't get any stat credit for, and yet he still had 11.5 sacks (15 if we count half sacks as full). And he lined up on both sides of the DL, and when doubled had the 4th best win rate among DEs, so the Donald comments barely apply when you consider we have Grady too.

Still want us to add more to the DL, but if our base 4 DL require 5 OL and a TE to block most times, that opens up so much in Morris's blitz packages.

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

He’s an idiot mate he just thinks if you plug in fat slow 2 gappers pass rush solved according to that fool.He’s one track no clue poster don’t sweat it.

Our starting interior d-line if he was our GM:

tenor.gif?itemid=15377673

1*PgRMWA5jnC1Hwcuj71HxWA.gif

18 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Had me until Chaisson. Not saying he sucks, but he isn’t a pass rusher. Would be more like Floyd was in CHI (IMO).

I see Chaisson as a guy who takes off as a pro, sort of like another LSU guy, Danielle Hunter although they’re very different players. I love his make up (the anti-Beasley) and athleticism. The bigger point is that Edge/DE is still a big need and has to be filled in the draft, early on. 

1 hour ago, EpicBird said:

I see Chaisson as a guy who takes off as a pro, sort of like another LSU guy, Danielle Hunter although they’re very different players. I love his make up (the anti-Beasley) and athleticism. The bigger point is that Edge/DE is still a big need and has to be filled in the draft, early on. 

I sure hope so if we take him.

What is it you see that makes you say he will be a much better pro than in college? Any concern w the injury history?

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

I sure hope so if we take him.

What is it you see that makes you say he will be a much better pro than in college? Any concern w the injury history?

First step explosion, converts speed to power, body control, really high football IQ especially for his age, non-stop motor. He played a hybrid role at LSU and wasn’t told to rush the passer nearly as much as he will be in the pros. Lots of natural ability.  He had one (bad) injury that kept him out in 2018 but otherwise is as good an athlete at that position as you’ll see, and unlike Vic Beasley, actually loves football and is as tough as nails. To me he’s a high floor high ceiling guy. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s gone before 16. Just my opinion.