Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Fowler Signed (CONFIRMED)

Just now, 1989Fan said:

We should still consider Epenesa or Gross-Matos in one, depending how board falls...especially in a trade down scenario. Just my thoughts, cool that many won’t agree. I like YGM tools.

I would love to go after Espenesa now. But we are most likely going corner and I’m all for that as well.

Im in the minority but whatever....48 million for a DE that underachieved for several seasons, then played well next to a future HoF in his prime.

He should be giving a large chunk of his paycheck to Aaron Donald 

I dont mind the signing of the player, just the money is silly considering we cried and moaned about paying Beasley 13 mill last year.

6 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Im in the minority but whatever....48 million for a DE that underachieved for several seasons, then played well next to a future HoF in his prime.

I dont mind the signing of the player, just the money is silly considering we cried and moaned about paying Beasley 13 mill last year.

This Donald argument is so stupid. What does Donald going up against centers and guards have to do with Fowler going up against tackles? The whole offensive line isn't blocking Donald.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This Donald argument is so stupid. What does Donald going up against centers and guards have to do with Fowler going up against tackles? The whole offensive line isn't blocking Donald.

The argument is far from stupid...it allows more one on one matchups...do you not watch American football?

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Not to mention he will be lining up by Grady now, so he should be able to replicate his success...no I am not saying Grady is 100% as good as AD.

8 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Lets see the real numbers- "Up to 48 mil" can mean a lot of things. Bet it's effectively a 2 year deal with a bunch of money in the last year. It's probably something like a 2 year 25 million deal when you look at the guaranteed money, you're not getting a capable pass rusher for less.

It's also not a 100 mil 5 year deal that tanks the cap for years.

11 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Big reason is he hasn’t had the snaps. 

2016- 570 snaps -53% of plays-11 qb hit 2 sacks

2017-464 snaps-45% of plays-10qb hits 8 sacks

2018 jags-165 16% - 1 hit 2 sacks

2018 rams- 412 41%- 5 hits 2 sacks

2019- 880 80% - 16 hits 11.5 sacks

28 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

UP TO 48 Million which means incentives are included...

Underachieved in a notoriously terrible situation under the Coughlin led Jaguars of which Fowler stated "They literally hated me".

We cried about paying '19 Beasley because Beasley peaked in '16.  Fowler is coming off his most productive year as a pro.  Go check my GamePass thread to watch some tape on Fowler so you can ditch the "do you watch american football" bs and realize that Fowler is the polar opposite of Vic Beasley.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

disagree.  Who is our #1 CB?  I know we have some good young guys but basically have two and need a 3rd stud.   I don't want to take a Cornerback but could see them going that way.    You now have Tom Brady in the division w/ Drew Brees - arguably the two greatest QBs off all time.

We have one legit thorougbred Linebacker - ONE.   I'm not even sure who the #2 is right now - the kid from Yale I guess.

I'm w/ you in that I would like a passrushing DT and I hope we go that way.

A good Dline can make cb's.

3 minutes ago, RHEC said:

A good Dline can make cb's.

And good db's can make dlines...last year qb's were getting the ball out extremely quickly against the Falcons which indicates the issues on the back end and not the front necessarily.

Just now, athell said:

And good db's can make dlines...last year qb's were getting the ball out extremely quickly against the Falcons which indicates the issues on the back end and not the front necessarily.

Wasn't hard to do that against Falcons.

55 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I thought he was 30, but still 29 is right there. His contract will take him to age 34 season if he plays it out. 

Robert Quinn will be 30yrs old in May.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

yeah,  on a high percentage of pass plays nowadays, it happens so fast that passrush has no chance to get home.

I wanted a CB in 2nd rd even before we cut Trufant.   I don't see how we don't do SOMETHING with cornerback - either an average starter in free agency or a Corner in 1st or 2nd rd.

Just now, g-dawg said:

yeah,  on a high percentage of pass plays nowadays, it happens so fast that passrush has no chance to get home.

I wanted a CB in 2nd rd even before we cut Trufant.   I don't see how we don't do SOMETHING with cornerback - either an average starter in free agency or a Corner in 1st or 2nd rd.

We have to go DB now with our 1st or 2nd.  Have to.  They created a hole by cutting Tru.

25 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Big reason is he hasn’t had the snaps. 

2016- 570 snaps -53% of plays-11 qb hit 2 sacks

2017-464 snaps-45% of plays-10qb hits 8 sacks

2018 jags-165 16% - 1 hit 2 sacks

2018 rams- 412 41%- 5 hits 2 sacks

2019- 880 80% - 16 hits 11.5 sacks

Good stuff. I like facts

2 hours ago, jidady said:

Okay, that means we're probably going corner, although we might still get a pass rusher, depending on who is available.

Takk’s option not being picked up and injury prone with not much production when healthy. I’d go pass rusher in the first if the chips fall the Falcons way - Chiasson. Otherwise BPA on defence. 

2 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

Takk’s option not being picked up and injury prone with not much production when healthy. I’d go pass rusher in the first if the chips fall the Falcons way - Chiasson. Otherwise BPA on defence. 

Had me until Chaisson. Not saying he sucks, but he isn’t a pass rusher. Would be more like Floyd was in CHI (IMO).