Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Pauline: Fowler will chose between Rams and Falcons(No Jets)

45 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Lazy is a pretty harsh word when i dont know how to do it on my phone, and have a fever of 102. I guess i shouldnt have even posted it.

Copy and paste. That's all it takes man. Just link the site anything. 

1 hour ago, Sipifalcon said:

Smh I just know we are going to overpay for a guy I'm not that confident in being a game changer because I know we will pay him as such. Hope I'm wrong but I'm just not excited about Fowler possibly coming.

This ^^

I'm not that impressed with him.  He played on a line with Aaron Donald who garnered the majority of attention and that offenses had to plan around.  He's not "that" kind of guy. 

3 minutes ago, thamill said:

This ^^

I'm not that impressed with him.  He played on a line with Aaron Donald who garnered the majority of attention and that offenses had to plan around.  He's not "that" kind of guy. 

He would play with Grady here. I don't get this point at all.

16 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I don't know how to do it either. My android won't even let me upload a profile picture on this thread acc

You just copy the link at the top and paste. What kind of phone do you have bro

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He would play with Grady here. I don't get this point at all.

I love Grady.  He's a great player.  With that said Grady has 17.5 sacks in the last three seasons.  Donald is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL and has 44 sacks in the last three years.  Does Grady have the ability to get to that level? Sure but he's not there yet. 

Posted (edited)

have a feeling he wont become a falcon, but I hope im wrong. I'd also much rather have Everson Griffen who I believe is a proven and consistent all around better player.

Edited by Drvillain

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Doesn't need folks to be excited. I am, if he signs, but I get why others aren't. Down to him to prove something. And I think he will. Lot of people gonna wind up with Fowler jerseys if he turns out as good as I believe he's capable of.

I feel a lot of this also has to do with Beasley, as we didn't get him help, we worried about OFFENSE last year and didn't focus enough on DEFENSE side of the ball.  This year, we are pretty set on O, and we have picks to help improve defense as well as replace chinks in our armor.  

Getting Fowler, who is better than VB, drafting a side mate for GJ, bringing along Takk, Cominsky and Means as well as drafting another end, with the possiblity of getting some training cap casualties, we stand a better chance of having a vastly improved defense than we did trying to get better last year spending most of our cap on Beasley who consistently let us down.

15 minutes ago, thamill said:

This ^^

Falcons are backed into a corner now - at least the guys whose jobs are on the line.

Also ticket sales and PSLs are abysmal right now.  You need someone at least the equivalent of Fowler to get fanbase even mildly excited.

15 minutes ago, thamill said:

This ^^

I've generally not been impressed with Fowler's career and concede he's definitely not a true front line player. But he's still only 25. It's possible he's still learning and just starting to figure things out. If he were a former mid round pick people would be a lot more forgiving of his trajectory. 

5 minutes ago, thamill said:

I love Grady.  He's a great player.  With that said Grady has 17.5 sacks in the last three seasons.  Donald is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL and has 44 sacks in the last three years.  Does Grady have the ability to get to that level? Sure but he's not there yet. 

We'll Grady has that ability to get there, but Rams have at least given him pieces such as Brockers and Fowler and better CB/S personnel to give Donald chances to get to the QB, but also to have his teammates eat as well.  Donald is above everyone else I agree, but Grady could get there too if teams didn't feel he was the only pass rushing player on that line that had any real threat to them.

Beasley never got past his "duke riley" syndrome.  and HE performed better due to players like Freeney, Jarrett, and Clayborn performing better keeping teams from giving him attention.

Grady is coming along just fine, and if we add pieces next to him on either side, I have great faith he'll meet those top 5 expectations and be considered "our Aaron Donald"

6 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

We'll Grady has that ability to get there, but Rams have at least given him pieces such as Brockers and Fowler and better CB/S personnel to give Donald chances to get to the QB, but also to have his teammates eat as well.  Donald is above everyone else I agree, but Grady could get there too if teams didn't feel he was the only pass rushing player on that line that had any real threat to them.

Beasley never got past his "duke riley" syndrome.  and HE performed better due to players like Freeney, Jarrett, and Clayborn performing better keeping teams from giving him attention.

Grady is coming along just fine, and if we add pieces next to him on either side, I have great faith he'll meet those top 5 expectations and be considered "our Aaron Donald"

I agree with this.  Brockers and Suh paired with their CBs was a recipe for success.  I'm just not sold that Dante Fowler is the solution for us.  Grady undoubtedly has the ability to be the next AD.  Love that guys play. 

As Summerhill brought up he's 25 and has a history with Quinn so maybe he will flourish here.  It's just a big question mark. 

Fiscally speaking, it's probably not a good idea to throw a lot of money when we have cap problems already at a question mark.  If he signs a big deal with us, his success or lack thereof will ultimately be the deciding factor if TD and DQ are here next year.  Given that, it seems pretty risky.        

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons are backed into a corner now - at least the guys whose jobs are on the line.

Also ticket sales and PSLs are abysmal right now.  You need someone at least the equivalent of Fowler to get fanbase even mildly excited.

Totally get it.  They have to hit gold on who they pay.  They are in a tough spot.  It's generally a good idea not to go grocery shopping when you're hungry but that's exactly what TD and DQ have to do.    

People keep attributing Fowler's success to Donald but imho that's not the case at all. Dude had the 4th best win rate as a DE vs double teams (16.7%) according to ESPN. And if you watch the Rams games, dude is constantly creating pressure and rock solid against the run. Donald vouches too, take it for what it's worth:

https://clutchpoints.com/rams-news-aaron-donald-claims-dante-fowler-could-get-double-digit-sacks-every-season/

And y'all seem to be forgetting we have a top 5 DT in the NFL ourselves...Brockers wasn't that good and neither was Matthews, every Rams fan I've seen thinks Fowler was the 2nd best player on their DL. Far from stacked.

1 minute ago, thamill said:

I agree with this.  Brockers and Suh paired with their CBs was a recipe for success.  I'm just not sold that Dante Fowler is the solution for us.  Grady undoubtedly has the ability to be the next AD.  Love that guys play. 

As Summerhill brought up he's 25 and has a history with Quinn so maybe he will flourish here.  It's just a big question mark. 

Fiscally speaking, it's probably not a good idea to throw a lot of money when we have cap problems already at a question mark.  If he signs a big deal with us, his success or lack thereof will ultimately be the deciding factor if TD and DQ are here next year.  Given that, it seems pretty risky.        

At this point, IMO, they must feel the risk is worth whatever they're throwing out there. They feel they need to make moves to succeed NOW, and if they fail, they only thing they lose is their job.  There is no other option.  Do or die is basically what we're looking at. If they succeed it's because they put the throttle all the way to the floor

They have limited capabilities at this moment, but they're gonna work it out however they need to.  Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me (although not likely) to see them sign Fowler and then trade up for Young.  They might not have the capital, and they might not go that high, but it's all on the table now, so I'm expecting some things to happen we didn't expect AT ALL. lol

Totally get it.  They have to hit gold on who they pay.  They are in a tough spot.  It's generally a good idea not to go grocery shopping when you're hungry but that's exactly what TD and DQ have to do.    

Seems like Falcons are always chasing their tails in free agency.  It’s frustrating.

1 minute ago, federicofalcon2 said:

At this point, IMO, they must feel the risk is worth whatever they're throwing out there. They feel they need to make moves to succeed NOW, and if they fail, they only thing they lose is their job.  There is no other option.  Do or die is basically what we're looking at. If they succeed it's because they put the throttle all the way to the floor

They have limited capabilities at this moment, but they're gonna work it out however they need to.  Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me (although not likely) to see them sign Fowler and then trade up for Young.  They might not have the capital, and they might not go that high, but it's all on the table now, so I'm expecting some things to happen we didn't expect AT ALL. lol

The FO and HC lose their jobs if the decision fails and then likely both pick up positions with another team the next season and we as Falcons fans have to watch an overpaid player who doesn't play up to his contract for the next few years.  For their sake and ours, I really hope they get it right. 

TD has shown in the past he will move way up.   

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Seems like Falcons are always chasing their tails in free agency.  It’s frustrating.

Who was the last FA we got that really had a huge impact?  Mack? Freeney? Sanu? Turner?

Carpenter? :lol:

I agree with the concerns about Fowler. If Fowler is a Falcon, they still have to do more in my opinion. That can’t be it. They gotta find a guy that can impact the line during games when Fowler isn’t effective. Preferably someone that can do damage with Grady up the middle. 

The FO and HC lose their jobs if the decision fails and then likely both pick up positions with another team the next season and we as Falcons fans have to watch an overpaid player who doesn't play up to his contract for the next few years.  For their sake and ours, I really hope they get it right. 

TD has shown in the past he will move way up.   

I agree, but the same works if they succeed.  If they succeed enough to stay, they still have to live with those decisions.  

I mentioned it the same way if we have fired them THIS year instead, a new coach would have had very little to work with as well.  

Taking a chance on Fowler or anyone for that matter is a bigger risk if that's all their hoping for.  But when they bring in other players, draft new players and adjust scheme for strengths of current roster, it lowers the risk some.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

1 hour ago, West Sider said:

He’ll be a Ram. Get ready for some big FA journeyman signings over the next few days. Good times.  

Don’t care either way get it done so we no where we stand and move on.

I’d rather get 2 mid tiered guys.It gives us more options in the draft.

13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t care either way get it done so we no where we stand and move on.

I’d rather get 2 mid tiered guys.It gives us more options in the draft.

Just like that hes a falcon lol