Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is indeed possible that nothing of substance is brewing.

Except that the falcons always make moves....every single year.   Sometimes they do not work out but the Falcons usually always make a  pretty big move or 2

Actually played pretty well last year on a defense with no secondary. Unless we give him a stupid huge contract, it wouldn’t be the worst signing in the world. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Rings said:

Actually that’s completely backwards.  Good teams typically don’t make big moves in free agency, bad teams normally do.  There is a reason the Jets, Dolphins, Giants, Bucs, Jags, Lions and Browns are busy day one and teams like the Pats, Steelers, Packers are not.  Let other teams overpay and we can get a bunch of value next week.

All of that is fine and dandy but in what year does TD find a pass rusher....he// it’s been 13.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You can always create money.

With us now knowing that the cap will be significantly higher next year we can extend Mack and restructure multiple other big contracts like Ryan and Julio if we really wanted/needed to create space for this offseason. I don't see them doing it unless its for a big name like Clowney.

Believe the new CBA did away with the 30% rule- salary couldn't jump more than 30% in any year of a contract, means they could make a big signing this year with a small salary this year, but a huge salary next year. Should give them more flexibility to go after a big name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

And then get ready for a new GM that can find pass rushers....SOS with TD/DQ

They came through when the owner said you're out if you don't find starters in this draft in 2016. Have no clue how they retained their jobs after last year, especially after the Vic offseason fiasco and not trading Freeman only to release him, but here we are. One thing these guys can do is draft. If they wanted to get creative I'd try trading Neal for a mid to late round pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

When he trades the whole house for Chase Young and signs some mediocre depth.

Just kidding. But wouldn't be mad. 

If one things certain in the NFL, it is you never ever trade the house for a rookie. No matter how good they were in college, they have yet to play in the league against professionals and you've pretty much bet your future on a 23 year old kid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Now he’s gone to Dallas.....same thing every year. Pass rushers come and go while these two clowns DQ TD twiddle their thumbs

LOL, so because a player signs with another team it’s instantly DQ and TD’s fault. No wonder you are disappointed and for that matter half the posters on here. You can hope to sign all these guys but if you get let down on signing day it’s because you gave yourself false hopes and that’s on you. I guess those 30 other GM’s and coaches are terrible too for not signing the flavor of the year FA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

All of that is fine and dandy but in what year does TD find a pass rusher....he// it’s been 13.

Don’t disagree it’s a concern, but overpaying for one that had one year of good production in a contract year vs not producing the previous 3-4 isn’t the way to do it.  We will get more of what we’ve already had while paying more for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

If one things certain in the NFL, it is you never ever trade the house for a rookie. No matter how good they were in college, they have yet to play in the league against professionals and you've pretty much bet your future on a 23 year old kid. 

Worked for Julio. He made what SHOULD have been game winning catch in the super bowl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

LOL, so because a player signs with another team it’s instantly DQ and TD’s fault. No wonder you are disappointed and for that matter half the posters on here. You can hope to sign all these guys but if you get let down on signing day it’s because you gave yourself false hopes and that’s on you. I guess those 30 other GM’s and coaches are terrible too for not signing the flavor of the year FA.

the great GMs and Coaches find the gems.....there's not 30 other GMs in the league that took 13 yrs to find a pass rusher

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rings said:

Don’t disagree it’s a concern, but overpaying for one that had one year of good production in a contract year vs not producing the previous 3-4 isn’t the way to do it.  We will get more of what we’ve already had while paying more for it.

 we shall see but even a blind hog finds an acorn eventually....I hope it's Fowler and I'll jump for joy. TD gets paid the big bucks to make the right decisions and struggle is an understatement for him acquiring pass rushers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

the great GMs and Coaches find the gems.....there's not 30 other GMs in the league that took 13 yrs to find a pass rusher

Like he found Grady Jarrett you mean gems like that.

Or Deion Jones a guy like that.There 2 key players in which this defense is built around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

 we shall see but even a blind hog finds an acorn eventually....I hope it's Fowler and I'll jump for joy. TD gets paid the big bucks to make the right decisions and struggle is an understatement for him acquiring pass rushers. 

My previous message seems to have aged poorly.  Lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

the great GMs and Coaches find the gems.....there's not 30 other GMs in the league that took 13 yrs to find a pass rusher

TD has found plenty of gems

Vance Walker was an absolute gem, as was Corey Peters, as wash Ish, as was Quizz, as was Campbell,  as was Grady, as was Freeman... and others

 

We have found pass rushers... we just have not found that consistently dominate guy.... and truth be told there are only really a handful of those

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Like he found Grady Jarrett you mean gems like that.

Or Deion Jones a guy like that.There 2 key players in which this defense is built around.

Two in 13 yrs....No I want another Takk overrated McKinley, Vic Bust Beasley, Jonathan Massaquoi, Malliciah Goodman, Stansly Moponga, Lawernce Sidbury, Cliff Matthews, and let’s not forget about FA Ray Edwards. This is a pretty sorry group of pass rushers that TD acquired since getting here and all were drafted except The Great Ray Edwards.....I know it’s Mike Smith and Dan Quinn’s fault. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

TD has found plenty of gems

Vance Walker was an absolute gem, as was Corey Peters, as wash Ish, as was Quizz, as was Campbell,  as was Grady, as was Freeman... and others

 

We have found pass rushers... we just have not found that consistently dominate guy.... and truth be told there are only really a handful of those


See the ones listed in post above ...the ones TD drafted and acquired and tell me how great they are

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Two in 13 yrs....No I want another Takk overrated McKinley, Vic Bust Beasley, Jonathan Massaquoi, Malliciah Goodman, Stansly Moponga, Lawernce Sidbury, Cliff Matthews, and let’s not forget about FA Ray Edwards. This is a pretty sorry group of pass rushers that TD acquired since getting here and all were drafted except The Great Ray Edwards.....I know it’s Mike Smith and Dan Quinn’s fault. 

And yet in those 13 years the Falcons have been to the SB should probably have been to another one in 2012 and have there most successful run in franchise history.

Whats your point all it tells me is we've found other ways too win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

TD has found plenty of gems

Vance Walker was an absolute gem, as was Corey Peters, as wash Ish, as was Quizz, as was Campbell,  as was Grady, as was Freeman... and others

 

We have found pass rushers... we just have not found that consistently dominate guy.... and truth be told there are only really a handful of those

But TD has found some non pass rushing gems....but my gawd he should have in 13 yrs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

And yet in those 13 years the Falcons have been to the SB should probably have been to another one in 2012 and have there most successful run in franchise history.

Whats your point all it tells me is we've found other ways too win.

My point is and has been since he got here is find a dam pass rush. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...