• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is indeed possible that nothing of substance is brewing.

Except that the falcons always make moves....every single year.   Sometimes they do not work out but the Falcons usually always make a  pretty big move or 2

Actually played pretty well last year on a defense with no secondary. Unless we give him a stupid huge contract, it wouldn’t be the worst signing in the world. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Actually played pretty well last year on a defense with no secondary. Unless we give him a stupid huge contract, it wouldn’t be the worst signing in the world. 

Maybe,  but I think we’re hoping to set the bar higher than not the worst signing in the world. 

Edited by EpicBird
1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

If the Falcons make "such big moves" we would have had a winning season or a superbowl ring by now.  Big moves.  Geeeeez. :doh:

Actually that’s completely backwards.  Good teams typically don’t make big moves in free agency, bad teams normally do.  There is a reason the Jets, Dolphins, Giants, Bucs, Jags, Lions and Browns are busy day one and teams like the Pats, Steelers, Packers are not.  Let other teams overpay and we can get a bunch of value next week.

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Except that the falcons always make moves....every single year.

Sometimes they do not work out but the Falcons usually always make a  pretty big move or 2

56 if it’s not a big move it doesn’t count you know how the name drop works round here.Even if they sign Clowney or someone of that ilk TDs still failed you watch happens every year.

The devoted few actually think this thing is won in FA nevermind the fact last year they locked up Jones x 2 Jarrett and Ryan.There huge moves that’ll set us up long term but it won’t matter.

2 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

I know it legally starts tomorrow, but with all the moving parts the last 2 days, we still have some big time pass rushers out there. Something tells me we are working a deal for one of them. Breaking news probably tomorrow.

Hope you right Barn!

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Falcons tweeted out to bookmark a page because FA was going to begin hinting at a signing. Last time they did that, Fusco was signed right after. Someone has agreed and the Falcons will announce tomorrow. If we had the money to offer Quinn something, it wouldn't surprise me if it was someone like Fowler. Kennard would also be a welcome addition.

Yeeeup. Literally that day.

3 hours ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Suh , McCoy , and Poe are still out there and price will be low. With adding someone like Flowers or Clowney that looks nice. 

The player at a good deal I wanted went to the raiders for a 3 year 17mil contract... (Carl Nassib)

Shopping for a pass rusher at Wal Mart lol

3 hours ago, stizz said:

Falcons tweeted out to bookmark a page because FA was going to begin hinting at a signing. Last time they did that, Fusco was signed right after. Someone has agreed and the Falcons will announce tomorrow. If we had the money to offer Quinn something, it wouldn't surprise me if it was someone like Fowler. Kennard would also be a welcome addition.

I wonder if Robert Quinn was the first choice.

8 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Falcons won’t make a move. Same thing every offseason

Something tells me they will--Arthur isn't getting any younger and that shelf he built in his office for the Lombardi trophy is getting dusty. Dimitfoff has to make a bold move now, he hasn't done anything spectacular since Julio

9 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

I know it legally starts tomorrow, but with all the moving parts the last 2 days, we still have some big time pass rushers out there. Something tells me we are working a deal for one of them. Breaking news probably tomorrow.

Something is telling you? Is it your nightstand or your Chest of Drawers ? ?    <_<

8 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Agree it would not be a terrible signing if we can get him in the < $5M/yr range and team-friendly.   I gotta be honest, he was a beneficiary of a fair number of un-/poorly blocked and clean-up sacks last year.

4 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

The problem is, we have NO money

You can always create money.

With us now knowing that the cap will be significantly higher next year we can extend Mack and restructure multiple other big contracts like Ryan and Julio if we really wanted/needed to create space for this offseason. I don't see them doing it unless its for a big name like Clowney.