Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Per Tony Pauline: Falcons still in run for Fowler Jr.

"Other news and notes from the start of free agency

Contrary to my tweets from yesterday, a source tells me he believes the Atlanta Falcons are still in the hunt for Dante Fowler. Fowler is asking for a lot of money and if he comes down from his asking price, sources tell me it’s likely either a return to the Los Angeles Rams or the Atlanta Falcons for Fowler. There was no mention of the Jets, who wanted to sign Fowler last year and who are rumored to be interested in him this go-round."

1 minute ago, West Sider said:

Can’t worry about money and cap ramifications right now boys and girls. We need a legit pass rusher and Fowler seems to have tuned that corner in his “young” career. Get it done !!

We don’t know if he did truly turn a corner though.

He turned a corner w his 11.5 sack season, but Beasley is a bust and had a 15.5 sack season, and 8 this past season? ...just sayin...

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Contrary to my tweets from yesterday, a source tells me he believes the Atlanta Falcons are still in the hunt for Dante Fowler. Fowler is asking for a lot of money and if he comes down from his asking price, sources tell me it’s likely either a return to the Los Angeles Rams or the Atlanta Falcons for Fowler. There was no mention of the Jets, who wanted to sign Fowler last year and who are rumored to be interested in him this go-round."

Hmmm

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

So he’ll be a Ram. Got it :/

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

We don’t know if he did truly turn a corner though.

He turned a corner w his 11.5 sack season, but Beasley is a bust and had a 15.5 sack season, and 8 this past season? ...just sayin...

Good point, but probably not fair to compare every breakout year to Beasley’s fluke season 

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

But word is he wants to be a Falcon so bad cause Quinn coached him for a year in college that he will give us a discount.

2 minutes ago, West Sider said:

Good point, but probably not fair to compare every breakout year to Beasley’s fluke season 

I agree, and I don’t comp VB much, but there are a good amount of similarities. My main point was we all thought Vic arrived in 2016. We go give Fowler 60-80M and he has a similar lapse, the team is ******.

i prefer Griffin, esp if he doesn’t hurt comp formula...not sure how that works w a voided contract tho.

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree, and I don’t comp VB much, but there are a good amount of similarities. My main point was we all thought Vic arrived in 2016. We go give Fowler 60-80M and he has a similar lapse, the team is ******.

i prefer Griffin, esp if he doesn’t hurt comp formula...not sure how that works w a voided contract tho.

Griffen, Floyd, Jenkins etc 

Not comp formula. Only a truly naturally occurring UFA counts now. Any severed deal; even options that aren’t picked up like with Jenkins before the new year just now? No longer counts like it used to.

1 minute ago, Schwarzwald said:

Griffen, Floyd, Jenkins etc 

Not comp formula. Only a truly naturally occurring UFA counts now. Any severed deal; even options that aren’t picked up like with Jenkins before the new year just now? No longer counts like it used to.

Jenkins is interesting if he's got some juice left in him.