Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A-TowN.-

Vic Beasley to the Titans

12 minutes ago, thamill said:

I'm glad he went to an AFC team we don't play for another three years.  I was figuring the most Falcons thing ever would be for him to go to Tampa, Carolina, or New Orleans...play like crap for them all year except the two games he would play against us where he would all of a sudden turn into Lawrence Taylor and/or Deacon Jones.  

Kicking it old school!!!  :tiphat:

11 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Right. It’s a projection based on contract signed but is not a guarantee at all.

Salary has been proven to be the #1 factor(the NFL has never released the actual formula, but many have figured a lot of it out)

If a player has a salary firmly in the 4th round pick range, then likely not much that happens would change that compensation. However, if they had a salary just barely in that range, but close to the next highest, then a good season and a pro bowl could change them to a 3rd because the committee would then see it as you having lost more. Likewise if you're near the bottom of the 4th round range, and the person is on IR all season (I've actually seen this happens to teams in the formula), then the pick could get dropped to a 5th for similar reasons.

The numbers change and increase every season, for reference, the least a player made in 2019 to still give their former team a 3rd round pick, was Roger Saffold for 11pyr

Could that mean that we do get a 3rd for Hooper? Maybe. As I said, the numbers change every year, and there are other factors, but at least a 4th is the safe bet for now

8 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

It’s not what you get yet just a PROJECTION.

If Hoop goes off in Cleveland? We might just get a 3rd, BUT there are only so many comp picks awarded every year guys. If you fall below that MOST overpaid tier...it puts him more likely to net a 4th.

Besides if we had landed Quinn, Hooper’s formula wouldn’t matter from being canceled; unless some team pays DC more. Our goal seems to be a FA and getting comp formula out of Vic and DC.

7 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It changes every year. It's not an exact science, but with players now commonly receiving 15+ a year, that seems to be the new norm for 3rd round comp picks

I know it's not an exact science and that it's only a projection. But I thought it was based on positions like in baseball and by being the highest paid TE in NFL history and getting $23M guaranteed that would mean 3rd round pick. But if position doesn't matter then ok. Now that would make since that he would only be projected as a 4th.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I know it's not an exact science and that it's only a projection. But I thought it was based on positions like in baseball and by being the highest paid TE in NFL history and getting $23M guaranteed that would mean 3rd round pick. But if position doesn't matter then ok. Now that would make since that he would only be projected as a 4th.

Correct, position played is irrelevant 

18 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

should be 6th/7th round comp once FA ends unless we cancel him out with a signing

I have no idea how you came up with this

9 minutes ago, hjerry said:

OK, so Hooper's contract is actually 10.5 per season apparently, so yeah, outside of a pro bowl birth and/or him lighting the league on fire next season, should be a 4th

Good news is he has been in B2B Pro Bowls, and now that he got a big deal and is not in ATL he will get more recognition.

1 hour ago, spanish_falcon said:

1 year/ 9,5M guaranteed, with a max of 12M per Rapopport. 

Good luck Vic! I think Vrabel can get the best out of him.

If Vic stars under Vrabel, will Quinn's reputation take a hit?

(some might say:  "what reputation")

1 hour ago, spanish_falcon said:

1 year/ 9,5M guaranteed, with a max of 12M per Rapopport. 

Good luck Vic! I think Vrabel can get the best out of him.

well Quinn sure couldn't.

Its crqzy how many of our players are getting picked up by other teams, i remember in the smith era, all the players we let go would go on to never play another down in the nfl again.

Congrats to him. Hopefully Tennessee can get more out of him than we could. If he goes there and explodes I don't want to hear anyone complain because we gave Vic more chances that he should've been given and he gave us nothing in the end. It was time for a change.