Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Bears Release Floyd:

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Ted Monachino said this week that no player on Chicago's roster can do what Floyd does for the defense.

“There’s only one guy in our building that can do the job that Leonard is asked to do, and that’s Leonard Floyd,” Monachino said. “He’s playing at as high a level as I’ve ever had a ‘Sam’ [linebacker] play. I couldn’t ask any more of him.

“He wears a lot of hats throughout the game. He’s in coverage in base. He’s in coverage in sub. He’s a rusher in base. He’s a rusher in sub. He does it all for us. I do wish for him, and I think it would help all of us if he got some sacks, and we didn’t have to answer the same question once a month. But I do believe he’s playing at as high a level as any ‘Sam’ in our league.”

And yet they still cut him for a 30 year old free agent.

edit because I had his age incorrectly listed.

I would take him as a cheap LB option, but def wouldn’t hold my hopes on him as a pass rusher. He was without a doubt drafted as a pass rusher though, even though they have changed his role. If he wasn’t a Dawg most here wouldn’t want to bother w him.

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

What about his all 22 changes his position? His was drafted to be a pass rusher first and foremost, not as a SAM backer. I just don't understand some of ya'lls fetish for OLBs who are converted to Sam backers. First Chaisson and now this guy. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/leonard-floyd?id=2555285

I was making a reference to Beasley in regards to him being a "busted" small pass rusher rather than schematic usage. 

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

And yet they still cut him for a 30 year old free agent.

edit because I had his age incorrectly listed.

You really have to think about it for a minute. Something was going on in Chicago this past season. Even Mack's Production dropped. Nobody knows the drama of Roquan Smith's so called personal issues. He's up and out of the blue inactive for games.  

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

There's a rumor floating around about us targeting Floyd. His role was taken by Khalil Mack. If we can run a legit 3-4, he would be awesome here. Just like he was in Athens. 

I saw a rumor he's looking to play SAM in a Seattle style defense so we fit as is but now I can't find the tweet. 

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Overrated. He's not much better than Campbell.

God, I know I’m gonna get crucified cuz it’s not the popular thing to say and whoever has the most upvotes “wins” but was Campbell ever really THAT bad? 

12 hours ago, CMarinoNFL said:

I was making a reference to Beasley in regards to him being a "busted" small pass rusher rather than schematic usage. 

floyd is like 6’5 6’6

13 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

floyd is like 6’5 6’6

6’6”, 240
6’3”, 246

usually small is regarding weight or size...not height, which would be calling him short ‘short’

On 3/17/2020 at 9:28 AM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Overrated. He's not much better than Campbell.

But he is better and he fills a need.