Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Bears Release Floyd:

Why?  What can he do to get the QB on the ground?

I mean there has to be a good reason right?

What kind of sack totals does he have? 

Or do you just think to yourself.  Hmmm I remember that guy, he was my heart throb during the 20xx Mock drafts?????

So why is this a good move that will help us turn the corner?  Does it make sense?  IDK.?

44 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You clearly never watched him in Chicago. He played coverage a lot.

I have, his primary job was pass rusher and the main reason he was drafted by the bears. He was mediocre. 

24 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Why?  What can he do to get the QB on the ground?

I mean there has to be a good reason right?

What kind of sack totals does he have? 

Or do you just think to yourself.  Hmmm I remember that guy, he was my heart throb during the 20xx Mock drafts?????

So why is this a good move that will help us turn the corner?  Does it make sense?  IDK.?

Ted Monachino said this week that no player on Chicago's roster can do what Floyd does for the defense.

“There’s only one guy in our building that can do the job that Leonard is asked to do, and that’s Leonard Floyd,” Monachino said. “He’s playing at as high a level as I’ve ever had a ‘Sam’ [linebacker] play. I couldn’t ask any more of him.

“He wears a lot of hats throughout the game. He’s in coverage in base. He’s in coverage in sub. He’s a rusher in base. He’s a rusher in sub. He does it all for us. I do wish for him, and I think it would help all of us if he got some sacks, and we didn’t have to answer the same question once a month. But I do believe he’s playing at as high a level as any ‘Sam’ in our league.”

Posted (edited)

I’m not a UGA fan and I would gladly take Floyd so long it’s not an overpay (I say this about any player I’d want lol).

Edited by CTann

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Ted Monachino said this week that no player on Chicago's roster can do what Floyd does for the defense.

“There’s only one guy in our building that can do the job that Leonard is asked to do, and that’s Leonard Floyd,” Monachino said. “He’s playing at as high a level as I’ve ever had a ‘Sam’ [linebacker] play. I couldn’t ask any more of him.

“He wears a lot of hats throughout the game. He’s in coverage in base. He’s in coverage in sub. He’s a rusher in base. He’s a rusher in sub. He does it all for us. I do wish for him, and I think it would help all of us if he got some sacks, and we didn’t have to answer the same question once a month. But I do believe he’s playing at as high a level as any ‘Sam’ in our league.”

Shrug.  Coming from a team whose letting him go & saying nice things.  It doesn’t help us improve much.  It’s a VB clone with less sacks.

The team will do whatever it wants to do. I’m simply playing devils advocate to all the senseless drones who are squealing for the addition of anyone because it’s FA fun times.

58 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Shrug.  Coming from a team whose letting him go & saying nice things.  It doesn’t help us improve much.  It’s a VB clone with less sacks.

The team will do whatever it wants to do. I’m simply playing devils advocate to all the senseless drones who are squealing for the addition of anyone because it’s FA fun times.

Pretty much what that is. He was a top 10 pick as a De/Olb and got converted to Sam because he couldn't play the run. Now he is let go because he is not producing.

43 minutes ago, CMarinoNFL said:

Sigh. "He's just another Vic Beasley"

How many minutes of Floyd's all 22 have you seriously watched?

From the looks of it, he's a highly versatile linebacker who needed a change of scenery.

What about his all 22 changes his position? His was drafted to be a pass rusher first and foremost, not as a SAM backer. I just don't understand some of ya'lls fetish for OLBs who are converted to Sam backers. First Chaisson and now this guy. 

It's tough not to think of former Georgia star linebacker Boss Bailey when watching Floyd, a long, lean pass rusher. An all-state pick in his Georgia high school days, Floyd played a year at Hargrave Military Academy before heading to Athens (as many Georgia recruits do). He started eight of 13 games played in 2013, receiving All-Freshman SEC notice after making 9.5 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks. Floyd was awarded the Bulldogs' Defensive MVP in 2014 (though he missed the team's bowl game having knee surgery) to go along with honorable mention all-conference honors from league media (8.5 tackles for loss, six sacks). In his final year between the hedges, Floyd led the Bulldogs in sacks for the third straight year (4.5) and tied for the team lead with 10.5 tackles for loss, garnering second-team All-SEC notice from league coaches. The 2015 Butkus Award finalist is no joke off the edge, as many college tackles would confirm.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/leonard-floyd?id=2555285

Cheaper than what the high end contracts in UFA will go for, not a comp formula signing...if it’s the right price AND we can make other moves?

Opinions wanted:

on him coming here to play SLB some and sub rusher... AND landing Fowler vs just signing Clowney for example?

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Depends how much he wants, but I'd like to have him. Being a UGA dude wouldn't hurt since I'm guessing he'd help with ticket sales for AB.

But he is better, and he's got the versatility to play some nickel DE. Depending on the money he gets, he could be a good option. Simplify things for him.

Cheaper too after a down year maybe and now not a comp formula move.

Get him and Fowler here instead of going bananas paying Clowney $25M per or something ridiculous.

Unless we can get Griffen instead after missing on Quinn.

21 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Cheaper than what the high end contracts in UFA will go for, not a comp formula signing...if it’s the right price AND we can make other moves?

Opinions wanted:

on him coming here to play SLB some and sub rusher... AND landing Fowler vs just signing Clowney for example?

Floyd plus a rusher would be amazing. Floyd and Folwer? **** son

Imagine a 3rd and long with

Fowler Grady Takk Floydd

Or

Fowler Grady (insert whatever DT @Francis York Morgan wants) Takk 

And then Floyd blitzing up the middle behind them

Please. 

4 hours ago, Romfal said:

hello? a OLB in a 3-4 is a **** pass rusher, thats his main job

That is not true. If he plays SAM in a 3-4 his main job is to cover and set the edge. The rusher in a 3-4 is the ROLB. same position Harrison played.