Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconofShadows

Robert Quinn chose Bears over Falcons

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I know the want for players with a name but y'all seriously need to understand that not getting a known name isn't the end of the world. These guys are choosing money(rightfully so) over team success. Let that sink in. The right guy for $5 million can be just as impactful to the success of the team as these guys making $15 mill or higher

Agreed, some players can perform good to decent on just about ANY team, but then there are players that perform well on one team build up a namesake for themselves, cash in, and fall flat on their face.  BUT, there are players that DO THEIR JOB, and perform well overall, but aren't Aaron Donald, Mack, or JJ Watt.  IMO Davidson is that kind of player, and consistency is the key I feel we are looking for, even if it isn't 10+ sacks.

Beasley gave us 15, and then not much else, but we all had hopes he would be better than Abraham, but nowhere even close.  If we could find players on the cheap to collectively get 40 - 50 sacks a year, it would be better than getting 1 or 2 expensive players getting us 15-20 combined while the rest get 5-10.  

5 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I like him. Depends how much money he wants. He's a good LB and more than capable of taking over Campbell's spot and doing it better. From lurking Bears forums about him a ways back, he's apparently done well at LB but he wants to get paid...if true, might be a situation where it'd be better to chase someone else. Not counting against the comp formula is nice tho

He's very tall at 6'6" wouldn't it be more likely he'd be better at DE, or has he played there before with no success?

Just now, federicofalcon2 said:

Agreed, some players can perform good to decent on just about ANY team, but then there are players that perform well on one team build up a namesake for themselves, cash in, and fall flat on their face.  BUT, there are players that DO THEIR JOB, and perform well overall, but aren't Aaron Donald, Mack, or JJ Watt.  IMO Davidson is that kind of player, and consistency is the key I feel we are looking for, even if it isn't 10+ sacks.

Beasley gave us 15, and then not much else, but we all had hopes he would be better than Abraham, but nowhere even close.  If we could find players on the cheap to collectively get 40 - 50 sacks a year, it would be better than getting 1 or 2 expensive players getting us 15-20 combined while the rest get 5-10.  

Man I'd much rather sign a couple  a guys for cheap and his only key play comes in a season changing moment or playoff clinching moment than sign one player for big money who comes in and doesn't make an impact at all, especially in clutch moments

3 minutes ago, EZfalcons said:

Hello dante Fowler jr

Yeah, I'm not a fan of signing UFAs to big contracts on the wrong side of 30.   Would rather sign Fowler or Clowney if I gotta go long term for big money.

2 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

He's very tall at 6'6" wouldn't it be more likely he'd be better at DE, or has he played there before with no success?

He's played some of both. I personally think he'd be best in Campbell's role when we're in base/4-3, but playing QB spy and some nickel DE later downs. Just don't want to overcomplicate things

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Man I'd much rather sign a couple  a guys for cheap and his only key play comes in a season changing moment or playoff clinching moment than sign one player for big money who comes in and doesn't make an impact at all, especially in clutch moments

Which is why I see Cominsky and (if we bring back) Clayborn, along with Means having a bigger impact this year because we won't be forced to make them sit due to paying VB and trying to get the most out of him.

Our rotation needs to be that, a true rotation.  We have good talent on this team and if we start using Senat and/or draft someone like Brown or Kinlaw, the outside guys could actually start producing if they all play up to  their potential.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He's played some of both. I personally think he'd be best in Campbell's role when we're in base/4-3, but playing QB spy and some nickel DE later downs. Just don't want to overcomplicate things

Well they fact that we essentially run a team where players play multiple positions is something I like because it draws confusion (well it's supposed to) at times.

When it works how it's supposed to it's pretty effective.  Either way, let's not break the bank for one player, lets get some mid level (money) talent and get this team back on track for that Lombardi dang it!

Some teams aren’t going to mind handing out a deal like Quinn got because the alternative is hoping someone from the upcoming DE class pans out. Outside of Young and maybe Chaisson, it’s bad. 

If we don't get one of the legit starting DEs, I think the odds increase dramatically of us overpaying for Chase Young. So, this isn't a great turn of events.

16 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Well they fact that we essentially run a team where players play multiple positions is something I like because it draws confusion (well it's supposed to) at times.

When it works how it's supposed to it's pretty effective.  Either way, let's not break the bank for one player, lets get some mid level (money) talent and get this team back on track for that Lombardi dang it!

Kennard was just released. He's my #2 target to replace Campbell now, but Floyd would be maybe a shade better.

36 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Sounds like the Falcons got out bid.

This.  It’s a money thing.  Didn’t really care for him anyways.  I think people are caught up on needing a pass rusher, seeing a top free agent name, and ultimately pegging them as who we need.  

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I know the want for players with a name but y'all seriously need to understand that not getting a known name isn't the end of the world. These guys are choosing money(rightfully so) over team success. Let that sink in. The right guy for $5 million can be just as impactful to the success of the team as these guys making $15 mill or higher

It's not that simple. Chances are that RQ produces are much better than said unnamed guy at $5 mil.

28 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Quinn was legit one of the best and most efficient DEs in the league last year. The contract he signed is more than fair compared to peers. 

This. I would kill for a DE that's on his back when they run the ball.

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It's not that simple. Chances are that RQ produces are much better than said unnamed guy at $5 mil.

And there's also the chance that Quinn does absolutely nothing as a Falcon. How many times have we seen that happen? Exactly. 

With that said, I'd much rather take multiple players that can contribute over 1 player any day

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is also another one of those scenarios where we ASSUME he's taking a cheaper deal because of his age or production level consistency, only to be taken aback and sign for huge  money.  The league is so inconsistent and anything can happen as we see everyday.