Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Now that Devonta Freeman is cut how surprised would you be if we drafted D'Andre Swift in the first round?

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have a new thread asking how we feel/if we would be surprised if Swift was drafted at #16 every single day up until the draft, and after it could be switched to “Are you surprised we didn’t take Swift #16” and then when our run game isn’t good again this year because of Dirk, it could be “Should we have taken Swift at #16?”

It would be a bad move at any point in my opinion, but we have too many holes on defense to invest in an RB in round one.

Defense we need S, CB, LB, EDGE, DT...so every position.  Offense we need LG & RB.  First two picks need to be defense.

RB with the 3 At best or one of the 4s. I’m guessing one of the top 5-6 guys falls, as happens every year. Gotta be strategic if you’re TD because your team has lots of needs and some positions are easier to fill than others. RB one of the easier ones. 

Yikes. We just burned a 2nd rd pick on an offensive player, burning another high pick means we only use one pick of our top 3 on a defensive player with holes at CB, OLB, and DE? If that's the FO's plan, Quinn and TD may as well start packing now unless they pull off one **** of a miracle in FA.

I honestly feel our round 1 targets for 16 will be gone, and we are going to trade back into mid 20s picking up extra 2 or 3 and selecting someone there while also increasing chances to get better quality in day 2 picks instead of trying to reach for someone in the 1st.  

2 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Yikes. We just burned a 2nd rd pick on an offensive player, burning another high pick means we only use one pick of our top 3 on a defensive player with holes at CB, OLB, and DE? If that's the FO's plan, Quinn and TD may as well start packing now unless they pull off one **** of a miracle in FA.

Free agency and trades are legal in the NFL.

Only on TATF is the draft the only way to build a team.

And rookie picks usually don't do jack for a year or two.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Free agency and trades are legal in the NFL.

Only on TATF is the draft the only way to build a team.

And rookie picks usually don't do jack for a year or two.

Rookies can come in and contribute immediately. We are seeing it more now than in previous decades.

38 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Rookies can come in and contribute immediately. We are seeing it more now than in previous decades.

For the Falcons? Maybe Ridley. All others struggled. And many of them were drafted to be gaping hole plugging saviours.

Building through the draft is the key to long term success in the NFL.

This idea that you can’t or think that it isn’t important just isn’t correct.

The key has always been how the coaching and development of this talent coming in the door is able to adapt and perform.

The last sentence is the key to how rookies acclimate to thee NFL.

I am team running backs don't matter. Freeman was quite possibly the worst starting RB in the league last year, basically anyone off the street will be an upgrade. Taking a RB in the 1st or 2nd or paying a RB is always a big mistake. 

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

For the Falcons? Maybe Ridley. All others struggled. And many of them were drafted to be gaping hole plugging saviours.

Oh, you just talking about Falcons rookies?

I thought you were talking about rookies overall in the NFL.

Neal, Campbell, and Debo all did really well during their rookie year. Jarrett looked decent early as well.

6 hours ago, Rings said:

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have a new thread asking how we feel/if we would be surprised if Swift was drafted at #16 every single day up until the draft, and after it could be switched to “Are you surprised we didn’t take Swift #16” and then when our run game isn’t good again this year because of Dirk, it could be “Should we have taken Swift at #16?”

It would be a bad move at any point in my opinion, but we have too many holes on defense to invest in an RB in round one.

Defense we need S, CB, LB, EDGE, DT...so every position.  Offense we need LG & RB.  First two picks need to be defense.

I would be absolutely pissed if we took at running back in the 1st round. It would absolutely ridiculously awful!! I mean I would be so pissed I'd lose it and go back to the old me with all the cuss words.

I'd be very surprised! In fact I'd be mad..

We've technically used a second rounder on a TE already, so using a first rounder on a RB and completely foregoing the defense, which is currently lacking a starting DE, LB and CB, would be crazy.

We have to go defense with our first AND second rounder..