Hurst highlights

17 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Holy **** I hate their announcer.

I thought booger was bad :bang::bang:

But anyways I see a faster hoop, more athletic. Supposedly had the best hands on the ravens and is said to be slightly bet at blocking than hoop was too. If true not bad at all with the other tes in the room 

Edited by Dirtybird3

Just now, Dirtybird3 said:

I thought booger was bad :bang::bang:

But anyways I see a faster hoop, more athletic. Supposedly bad the best hands on the ravens and is said to be slightly bet at blocking than hoop was too. If true not bad at all with the other te in the room 

Yea, watching the video on mute I could still see that he clearly had a gear that Hoop does not as far as speed goes.

Nice breakdown by unintentional grounding. 

Wow, it’s remarkable just how inaccurate Jackson is & how slowly he processes things.

Hurst’s production could skyrocket with MR delivering the ball to him in a much more timely & accurate manner.  

We upgraded the position at a fraction of the cost.  I was amazed at how many times LJ was late getting the ball out & HH still managing to make plays. 

Lamar missed several easy TD’s in that film. The sky is the limit for HH to become who he should have been.  Gonna be fun to watch man.

But can he block though? At the point of attack?

If he can, then he is an upgrade over Hooper. Baldy broke down how we had to get creative in our alignments with Hoop on the field because he could not hold up as an in line blocker. 

If Hurst can block, then that allows us to unlock even more variety and disguise  in our play calling. We should be able to run the ball better if we arent tipping the defense off by where our starting TE lines up in formation. 

8 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wtf?!?  So he was faster than Jackson and that Hollywood Brown guy?  That's pretty surprising.  I'm liking this the more I hear about it.  I wasn't thrilled about giving up one of our 2nds for him but we were gonna have to draft a tight end anyway and apparently this TE class is ***.  I liked this guy the year he entered the draft but kind of forgot about him.  Really really hope he surprises all of us in a good way.

8 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

But can he block though? At the point of attack?

If he can, then he is an upgrade over Hooper. Baldy broke down how we had to get creative in our alignments with Hoop on the field because he could not hold up as an in line blocker. 

If Hurst can block, then that allows us to unlock even more variety and disguise  in our play calling. We should be able to run the ball better if we arent tipping the defense off by where our starting TE lines up in formation. 

I read a little bit on the Falcons reddit page and there were some Ravens fans giving their perspective on him.  They basically all said he's a good blocker, doesn't drop anything and that he just wasn't utilized to the best of his abilities in that run heavy scheme.  They all seem to think that he will thrive with Ryan throwing to him.

If we had held Sanu until the end of the year and traded him and a 5th for Hurst and 4th while letting Hoop walk and saving $14M in salary, everyone would praise TD. People are too wrapped up in that pick. Either way, im betting that he finishes the year at 700+ yards and 6+ TD's.

Edited by Snafu

6 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

And yet--- 3rd string, a bust, a disappointment.

Ravens fans were saying that he's definitely not a 3rd stringer in typical situations.  They said that he's really good, it's just that he got injured and then Andrews absolutely beasted and their other TE is basically one of the best blocking TE's in the league.  The general consensus from them was that he will be very good on the Falcons, there just wasn't any room anymore there for him and his talent was being wasted and this trade is good for both teams.  No one said anything remotely close to him being a bust.