Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GrimeyKidd

Melvin Gordons market includes Atlanta

Not against it but for him to be the best Melvin possible we'd also need to pair an upper to pretty decent lineman also. So why not save the money and draft a rb invest those funds elsewhere 

I was just saying the other day that I think Gordon's in the conversation for best back in football. So, I'd be all for it. But the others are right that this is blind speculation.

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

If he makes the difference Turner made I won’t complain. Worry about his durability most on any kind of contract.

that said no way do I think we blow our load on a high price RB with the glaring hole at DE.

Turner was lightly used behind LT though.  I would rather draft someone in the 2nd round.

Gross.  Cut one RB on a second contract just to sign another.  Dude just tried to hold out for a pay day and got outplayed by a UDFA.  If the team that drafted him isn't willing to pay him when they have 52mil in cap space, that should tell you something.

51 minutes ago, Rings said:

Gross.  Cut one RB on a second contract just to sign another.  Dude just tried to hold out for a pay day and got outplayed by a UDFA.  If the team that drafted him isn't willing to pay him when they have 52mil in cap space, that should tell you something.

Great point but I am ready for a big back (Turner like) to return to the team. 

3 hours ago, vel said:

I don't believe it. The Falcons cutting Freeman created a hole. Fabiano is not an insider, he's just guessing. 

It would totally be a Falcon thing to do to sign Gordon.. But for the love of God i hope we don't 

11 hours ago, JDaveG said:

If we spend in FA it will likely be a DE. Either way I think we get a RB in the draft. 

Yep, DEs where our FA money should go. Gordan is not the playmaker people thought he would be, I know we can find a a younger, cheaper RB in the draft that can outplay Gordon.

11 hours ago, jidady said:

I was just saying the other day that I think Gordon's in the conversation for best back in football. So, I'd be all for it. But the others are right that this is blind speculation.

JMO, but Gordon wasn't even the best back on his team last year. Honestly seemed like the team was much more effective with Ekeler out there.

But Gordon isn't bad though. I would have to see the numbers on him if we signed him. Would rather just draft someone though

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So the Falcons released a RB that they mistakenly gave a 2and contract to only to turn around and hand out another?

Doubtful.

Man you forget what team we are haha

Not buying it.

Why would we cut Free who was on an expensive contract, only to turn around and hand another one to Gordon?

He's basically Free from some years ago. We should not make the same mistake again.