Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you can’t be happy for Wes, who worked his tail off for us, then it’s on you.  So happy for him

They really hate their QB.

3 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

This won’t qualify

Really depends what we sign people for. Irvin and Teco got just over 4 and it qualified for comp picks but those were canceled by signing brown, carp, and stocker. 
 

unless I’m missing something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Really depends what we sign people for. Irvin and Teco got just over 4 and it qualified for comp picks but those were canceled by signing brown, carp, and stocker. 
 

unless I’m missing something. 

Really good resource

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

 

Right now Hooper is a 4th, but could end up a 5th depending on number of larger contracts

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Really good resource

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

 

Right now Hooper is a 4th, but could end up a 5th depending on number of larger contracts

Yeah. It lists a 6 round comp for Wes at the moment.  Again it depends on who else leaves and what FA we bring in and their price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy for Wes. He gave everything, which wasn‘t much but he was just a 6th rounder for a reason. His contract with the skins might very well give us a 6th back as comp pick, unless our FA signings cancel it out.

Anyway, he was a solid backup for 4 years and I wish him all the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good guy who worked his tail off but is just limited in terms of athleticism and technique. Happy for him to be rewarded for hard work and dedication but he’s been part of the problem and wasn’t going to be part of the solution. Looks like TD and DQ starting to learn that loyalty to mediocre players who contribute to team culture and not skill level usually backfires. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7th round compensatory? I believe we will get a 3rd or 4th for Hooper, and a 4th for Beasley

wonder if we resign CAMPBELL now. If not, he’s probably a 5th.

*assumes we have a net loss of 4. We can still,  have a net los of 3 and not worried about the 7th

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, g-dawg said:

This pleases me.  I definitely had a love/hate relationship with Wes Schweitzer.   I loved hating him.  #hotgarbage

Come on now...between 2017-2019 Wes played over 2,500 snaps and allowed just 8 sacks.  He wasn’t great, but he was all you can ask for from a late round pick.

Meanwhile, our 1st round pick McGary just surrendered 13 sacks in a single season but is already TATF HOF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Come on now...between 2017-2019 Wes played over 2,500 snaps and allowed just 8 sacks.  He wasn’t great, but he was all you can ask for from a late round pick.

Meanwhile, our 1st round pick McGary just surrendered 13 sacks in a single season but is already TATF HOF

I don’t care what round you are drafted.  If you start on the O-Line, you need to be decent, and Schweitzer wasn’t.  Glad he’s gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...