Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gtech1

Would you make these trades?

1.  Sanu and a 5th for Hurst and a 4th?                                               2. Cole Kmet and a 5th for Hurst and a 4th?                            If you would make either trade, then you should be in favor of the trade for Hurst. 

I'm not sure I get your comps but I think you can make a strong case that we netted a comparable TE1 for a lot less than a tag and/or bidding war for Hooper.   I really liked Hoop but no way he was as valuable to us as he would be for some extra thirsty team in FA.  Would not surprise me if Hurst ends up being another contract problem for the Falcons as he seems to be opportunity-limited and not talent-limited.   Still view Jaeden in high regard as well...we just need a decent blocking TE and I think we're good as we're going to get at the position. 

13 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I'm not sure I get your comps but I think you can make a strong case that we netted a comparable TE1 for a lot less than a tag and/or bidding war for Hooper.   I really liked Hoop but no way he was as valuable to us as he would be for some extra thirsty team in FA.  Would not surprise me if Hurst ends up being another contract problem for the Falcons as he seems to be opportunity-limited and not talent-limited.   Still view Jaeden in high regard as well...we just need a decent blocking TE and I think we're good as we're going to get at the position. 

Falcons traded the pick from the Sanu trade.  So the comps are Sanu (player we had before we got the pick) and Kmet (a player we likely could've picked in the draft if we kept the pick).:tiphat:

34 minutes ago, gtech1 said:

1.  Sanu and a 5th for Hurst and a 4th?                                               2. Cole Kmet and a 5th for Hurst and a 4th?                            If you would make either trade, then you should be in favor of the trade for Hurst. 

I’m not sure I understand this.  I get what you’re saying about Sanu but what’s this talk about a 4th?  I thought we traded our 2nd 2nd round pick(which we got for Sanu) and our 5th?

I think Hunter Hurst is a really good player. Probably more well rounded te than Hooper. But when is the fo going to go into a draft with some decent capitol to build depth of controllable assets. It seems like every year we're set to gain a decent amount of talent, only to trade up or trade away picks. I'm rarely happy trading up, but I'm never mad about trading down. It's depth that continually kills this team.

17 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

I think Hunter Hurst is a really good player. Probably more well rounded te than Hooper. But when is the fo going to go into a draft with some decent capitol to build depth of controllable assets. It seems like every year we're set to gain a decent amount of talent, only to trade up or trade away picks. I'm rarely happy trading up, but I'm never mad about trading down. It's depth that continually kills this team.

It could also mean they are going to look to trade down or they have players they really like with the first two picks. It also means they like Hurst and highly value the TE position.

I was not sure how I felt at first but I'm warming up to it. I'd take Hurst over any of the late 2nd/early 3rd round TEs. He's still has a high ceiling and doesn't break the bank.

Seems like they really kicked the tires on the guys in the draft and were not impressed.