Ryan, Mack, Matthews & Julio Are All That Remain From 2016

It’s shocking how quickly the NFL churns.  It seems like just yesterday we were in SB 51.  And with today’s departures, only Ryan, Matthews, Julio & Mack remain from our historic offense.

I know it’s easy to poke fun of players on the way out, but we lost a few DGF (dang good Falcons) today.  

Freeman’s passion and love of the game will be missed.  Hooper’s hard work during the offseason is an example for every young player at FB...he will be missed.  And Trufant stepped in as CB1 from day 1 and has done his job incredibly well for 6 years.  He too will be missed.  

Stocker & Ty brought so much....ummm...well, I don’t know what they brought. The other guys will be missed though

Joking aside, my thoughts are this: While I believe these moves made us weaker in the short term, we are in better shape long term.  We will have around 75 million in CAP space to restock the cupboards. 

Just now, quickzero said:

Yea, I definitely don't like seeing these guys go after they have done so much for us but I figured the Falcons would move on from them eventually. Trufants release surprised me though. Good luck to all our ex Falcons.

Tru was the only shocker...but he carries a massive contract the next two years so I can understand

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Ryan should have been traded after the SB melt down. His arm strength was never good and he lost his mind after 28-3. 

No, you just gotta Embrace the Suck and remember the Battle, Ball, and Brotherhood.  Sounds like somebody needs a t-shirt.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan
47 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s shocking how quickly the NFL churns.  It seems like just yesterday we were in SB 51.  And with today’s departures, only Ryan, Julio & Mack remain from our historic offense.

I know it’s easy to poke fun of players on the way out, but we lost a few DGF (dang good Falcons) today.  

Freeman’s passion and love of the game will be missed.  Hooper’s hard work during the offseason is an example for every young player at FB...he will be missed.  And Trufant stepped in as CB1 from day 1 and has done his job incredibly well for 6 years.  He too will be missed.  

Stocker & Ty brought so much....ummm...well, I don’t know what they brought. The other guys will be missed though

Joking aside, my thoughts are this: While I believe these moves made us weaker in the short term, we are in better shape long term.  We will have around 75 million in CAP space to restock the cupboards. 

Matthews, Debo, Grady??  

Edited by ATL_666