Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheHeartless

We Traded For Hayden Hurst

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yep pretty much my thoughts exactly. I don’t have a problem w hurst but I wasn’t thrilled ab giving up a second rounder.

The big reason I've become ok with it is how much he's being paid. 1.5 mil this year, 2 mil next year, and then we can still do a 5th year option if need be. With how little space we had, and how garbage the top end TE draft class is this year, I'm much more alright with the trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The big reason I've become ok with it is how much he's being paid. 1.5 mil this year, 2 mil next year, and then we can still do a 5th year option if need be. With how little space we had, and how garbage the top end TE draft class is this year, I'm much more alright with the trade.

Thats even less than i thought it would be Cap wise thats a pretty big factor to me with how our salary cap is right now.   I was looking at the contracts from the TE's picked around 55 or so in last years draft and irv smith jr is making 1.3 mil this year so pretty much the same as Hurst is making.  Which means if we were to take a TE in the 2nd round this year theirs a good chance they make as much if not more than Hurst.  So value wise we are literally the same against our cap space as we had just made the pick of a rookie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The big reason I've become ok with it is how much he's being paid. 1.5 mil this year, 2 mil next year, and then we can still do a 5th year option if need be. With how little space we had, and how garbage the top end TE draft class is this year, I'm much more alright with the trade.

And not to mention the fact that if we play our cards right we likely get another 2021 3rd or 4th on top of it.

 

I've posted it once but it needs repeating. We had 3 options if we were going to replace Hooper

#1 - Draft a guy. Using this option we have to use a pick anyway and then wait for him to develop. This is typically a 2-3 year process for TE's.

#2 - Sign a guy. Using this option we're likely overpaying some scrub TE that isn't worth nearly what they're gonna be making. IE Jimmy Graham @ 7 mil a year. Not feasible for our cap situation and a bad move overall.

#3 - Trade for a guy. It seems that in the FO's eyes this was the best route. It gives them the best chance to win this year as well as Hurst is past the grooming stage. Now he just needs opportunity. Added bonus that he costs peanuts for 2-3 years.

 

When you break down our options @ replacing Hooper this one easily makes the most sense. I do think we overpaid slightly, but it was also necessary as other teams were in the market for a TE and if we missed the boat on Hurst there aren't many, if any, other viable trade options and then we'd be back to #1 or #2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I think a big deal for some is if he were in the draft he wouldn’t be 26. Also we say sure hands but what do we really know ab Hayden Hurst? Just cuz he’s a vet doesn’t guarantee he thrives in this system. I think Graham who sat a year in this system would be just as serviceable and we’d be able to keep our picks

He’s dropped one ball In 47 catches, I’d say he has good hands.  Who cares how old he is, he’s not a running back, he’s a receiving tight end.  26 is still young.  We basically got him for Sanu who is in his 30s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HH comes to the ATL with chance to overcome some early setbacks in his career. He's going to come in here hungry with something to prove.  

He's got very nice hands & some juice in his wheels and that dog we need.  Not to mention he can be a tough blocker as well.

I have a good feeling about this one. Welcome to Atlanta Hayden.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

And not to mention the fact that if we play our cards right we likely get another 2021 3rd or 4th on top of it.

 

I've posted it once but it needs repeating. We had 3 options if we were going to replace Hooper

#1 - Draft a guy. Using this option we have to use a pick anyway and then wait for him to develop. This is typically a 2-3 year process for TE's.

#2 - Sign a guy. Using this option we're likely overpaying some scrub TE that isn't worth nearly what they're gonna be making. IE Jimmy Graham @ 7 mil a year. Not feasible for our cap situation and a bad move overall.

#3 - Trade for a guy. It seems that in the FO's eyes this was the best route. It gives them the best chance to win this year as well as Hurst is past the grooming stage. Now he just needs opportunity. Added bonus that he costs peanuts for 2-3 years.

 

When you break down our options @ replacing Hooper this one easily makes the most sense. I do think we overpaid slightly, but it was also necessary as other teams were in the market for a TE and if we missed the boat on Hurst there aren't many, if any, other viable trade options and then we'd be back to #1 or #2.

#4: sign an UDFA, one who will have about as much chance of succeeding as this loser who was a clear BUST for Baltimore. At least an UDFA rookie hasn't failed once already, and would be even cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

HH comes to the ATL with chance to overcome some early setbacks in his career. He's going to come in here hungry with something to prove.  

He's got very nice hands & some juice in his wheels and that dog we need.  Not to mention he can be a tough blocker as well.

I have a good feeling about this one. Welcome to Atlanta Hayden.

 

Well, we can agree on one thing: he certainly is a dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roanoke Falcon said:

#4: sign an UDFA, one who will have about as much chance of succeeding as this loser who was a clear BUST for Baltimore. At least an UDFA rookie hasn't failed once already, and would be even cheaper.

Not even worth responding to. Go drink some warm milk and take a nap little baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Nah..NUk has played with waay worse QB's than Kyler Murray. and still put up BIG numbers.LOok up HOuston QB's before Watson. STart with Osweiller, Yates,etc....lol

I'm just messing with you bro, Hopkins is still a beast and he will produce. Just feel for him, not sure he's ever going to get past game 2 in the playoffs in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rings said:

He’s dropped one ball In 47 catches, I’d say he has good hands.  Who cares how old he is, he’s not a running back, he’s a receiving tight end.  26 is still young.  We basically got him for Sanu who is in his 30s.

As for his age, he played MiLB between HS and NCAA for three years. No injuries there, and he wasn't a catcher, so less wear and tear on his legs and body as a whole. I bet he still plays at a great level through his mid 30's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TXAintsHater said:

As for his age, he played MiLB between HS and NCAA for three years. No injuries there, and he wasn't a catcher, so less wear and tear on his legs and body as a whole. I bet he still plays at a great level through his mid 30's. 

:lol: In his 30's? He can't play at a great level NOW!!! When does he plan on starting to play at a "great level"?!!? :bang::rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

:lol: In his 30's? He can't play at a great level NOW!!! When does he plan on starting to play at a "great level"?!!? :bang::rant:

Look at Debbie downer making the rounds, I’m quite certain the board knows you don’t like Hurst by you posting in every single thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

Look at Debbie downer making the rounds, I’m quite certain the board knows you don’t like Hurst by you posting in every single thread. 

If anyone was unaware I’m sure he will continue his normal complaining today throughout multiple threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

#4: sign an UDFA, one who will have about as much chance of succeeding as this loser who was a clear BUST for Baltimore. At least an UDFA rookie hasn't failed once already, and would be even cheaper.

This is one of the worst posts on this board EVER, and that is saying something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheHeartless said:

Hayden Hurst & 2020 4th for our 2020 2nd and 5th.

Really like this pick up... , WE got the TE replacement.. and know exactly what we have..  If he can just stay healthy,, we hit a home run.. And you all know how I love draft picks.. But this I see as a very smart move..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realize we don't pick up any of the bonuses, OTC has his cap hit only at $1.5 mil each season for the next two years. Forgot about that 5th year option too. That would make it even better. Really hoping we can trade back in the 1st and pick up another 2nd or 3rd to recoup that loss. Excited to see him and MR together next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jfalconsp said:

Didn't realize we don't pick up any of the bonuses, OTC has his cap hit only at $1.5 mil each season for the next two years. Forgot about that 5th year option too. That would make it even better. Really hoping we can trade back in the 1st and pick up another 2nd or 3rd to recoup that loss. Excited to see him and MR together next season.

I don't understand your math,, in trading back up into the 1st round.. That would take half of our picks,,  No way will we do that because we would have almost no picks left to do that..  AFter  trading for the TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I don't understand your math,, in trading back up into the 1st round.. That would take half of our picks,,  No way will we do that because we would have almost no picks left to do that..  AFter  trading for the TE.

Trade back in the 1st as in trade down 10 picks to pick up another 2nd or 3rd, not trade up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I don't understand your math,, in trading back up into the 1st round.. That would take half of our picks,,  No way will we do that because we would have almost no picks left to do that..  AFter  trading for the TE.

I think he meant to say, "trade down".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah, trade down & get another 2 or 3 would be sweet.

Well,, I love picks.. But if Kinlaw is there and a couple of the top DEs.. I think that is our biggest need..  And you can't get that in lower rounds.. for that reason I do not think we will trade down from the first.. ,, But yet I'll all for trading down in the 2nd or 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...