Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheHeartless

We Traded For Hayden Hurst

7 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

It is funny. My first reaction when I heard the news was WTF so I walked away and did some work.

After thinking about it for a little bit, I am ok with it and somewhat excited about it. Giving up a 2nd round pick is tough, but it helps having two 2nd round picks. If it could have been a third, I would be ecstatic about this trade. Even then, we got a play maker on a good contract.

I also love the fact that we are adding more speed to our offense. You look at the two offenses in the Super Bowl and both offenses loaded up on speed in their play makers. It puts so much stress on defenses. You have guys like Ridley, Hurst, and Julio who can stretch defenses and open up the underneath game.

My only concern is can a guy like Koetter take advantage of all of the talent we have. Time will tell...

Koetters offenses always have productive tight ends. Which is why Hooper had such a good year. I can see Hurst pushing 1000 yards this season.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

The other thing to consider is comp picks. If we get a 3 or 4 for Hooper it makes the trade look even better. I am sure TD has considered this even though out AFMB experts claim he is an imbecile.

if the trade read 

Ravens: 2nd and 5th

Falcons: Hurst, 4th and 2021 3rd nobody would be mad.

Not to mention Hurst has the ability to be better, if not just as good as Hooper was/is. 

If Hurst is very productive over the next 2 years, we will have ended up saving money from paying Hooper on top of getting a comp pick, while upgrading our 5th, to a 4th round pick.

I really don't see what's to hate here.

not surprised - Walter hates it!  :D

falconsb_logo.gif ravensb_logo.gif
Falcons acquire TE Hayden Hurst from Ravens for 2nd-round pick (plus swaps of 4th- and 5th-rounders)
It's only the first day of free agency, and yet Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta would have already locked up the Personnel Man of the Year award if it wasn't for Steve Keim acquiring DeAndre Hopkins for nothing. Amazingly, DeCosta dealt a fifth-round pick for Calais Campbell and obtained a second-rounder for Hayden Hurst. This is a huge steal, as the Ravens will likely obtain a significant player in exchange for a marginal tight end.

That's exactly what Hurst is. He was a first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but the selling point with him was that he would become a solid player right away because of his age (24 at the time). Hurst, however, struggled to become a consistent presence in Baltimore's offense. Turning 27 soon, Hurst likely is not going to develop into anything special. I imagine his fantasy output will increase with Matt Ryan, but that doesn't mean he's worth a second-round pick.

The Ravens obviously won this trade. If you were to ask me what I thought Baltimore would get from Atlanta for Hurst, I would have guessed a fifth-round selection. The Falcons were robbed.

Grade for Falcons - D-
Grade for Ravens - A+

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons acquire TE Hayden Hurst from Ravens for 2nd-round pick (plus swaps of 4th- and 5th-rounders)
It's only the first day of free agency, and yet Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta would have already locked up the Personnel Man of the Year award if it wasn't for Steve Keim acquiring DeAndre Hopkins for nothing. Amazingly, DeCosta dealt a fifth-round pick for Calais Campbell and obtained a second-rounder for Hayden Hurst. This is a huge steal, as the Ravens will likely obtain a significant player in exchange for a marginal tight end.

That's exactly what Hurst is. He was a first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but the selling point with him was that he would become a solid player right away because of his age (24 at the time). Hurst, however, struggled to become a consistent presence in Baltimore's offense. Turning 27 soon, Hurst likely is not going to develop into anything special. I imagine his fantasy output will increase with Matt Ryan, but that doesn't mean he's worth a second-round pick.

The Ravens obviously won this trade. If you were to ask me what I thought Baltimore would get from Atlanta for Hurst, I would have guessed a fifth-round selection. The Falcons were robbed.

Grade for Falcons - D-
Grade for Ravens - A+

Well if he hates it then it is a good trade

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Grade for Falcons - D-
Grade for Ravens - A+

That guy is a moron and his site is trash

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Grade for Falcons - D-
Grade for Ravens - A+

Walter hates the Falcons period. He's straight up admitted it. He's also sucks the Ravens' ****, and the Patriots. He's basically a mainstream team nuthugger 

The Ravens had too many good tight ends (Andrews, Boyle, and Hurst) for Hurst to shine there.  Hopefully, Hurst can make a big impact for the Falcons.  

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Walter hates the Falcons period. He's straight up admitted it. He's also sucks the Ravens' ****, and the Patriots. He's basically a mainstream team nuthugger 

Oh I know....I actually trade e-mails with him a few times a year and let him have it on his Falcons hate - he basically "takes it" will disagree w/ me but usually moderate a little and then say thanks for reading the site.

49 minutes ago, RHEC said:

So, I don't understand why people would be really upset... we traded the NE 2nd round pick, he is still under rookie deal, we don't need to draft a TE now, however I still want us to draft Moss in the 4th round or so. 

If anything, Belichick is probably upset with himself for not keeping that 2nd and instead using it to snag Hurst.

I mean in essence, the Falcons traded Sanu and a 5th for Hurst and a 4th. When phrased that way, suddenly TD looks like a genius.

Perspective.

I remember when Falcons traded Sanu to Patriots I was stunned that Falcons got a 2nd rounder for him - especially since TD usually isn't good at the trade comp part of trades - I believe it was basically reported there were 1-2 other suitors.

Surely that's the case here.   Hard to believe Falcons would have paid that much for Hurst if they weren't in a competitive bid situation.  I know the player is good but he's not a star.

I'm ok with this trade. I think Hurst basically can replace Hooper production wise, at a much lower cost, so we filled that hole on the roster. And we did it through a trade which means that we aren't risking cancelling out potential comp picks. I like that. I think this FO definitely anticipates us getting comp picks.

I still think we would have been fine with Graham as our TE, considering Koetters track record with TEs. 

Overall, I'm ok with it. But this does kind of tip our hand in the draft, as we must be going defense with our first couple if picks now..

WE gave a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder for  for a 4th round pick and the TE which we deemed to be our 2nd round pick and upgraded our 5th round pick to a 4th round pick.. which IMO will be a much better move than most fans here think it will be.. The 4th round is loaded with a lot of great players.

2 hours ago, Drvillain said:

Yall are judging Hurst hard when his QB is mainly a running QB. He will have much more production with Ryan.  

Hooper gets caught here:

If Hoop can produce in Atlanta, Hayden should at least provide more explosiveness and be an upgrade blocking.

Thats a win with higher upside to Hoop + Hoop’s contract commitment.

Plus, we wouldn’t get a better TE to replace Hoop in this weak draft.

Our trade was related more to draft and bigger FA move than Hooper; NOT securing a big time defender with a draft pick + their MEGA pay day.

1 minute ago, niels petersen said:

I'm ok with this trade. I think Hurst basically can replace Hooper production wise, at a much lower cost, so we filled that hole on the roster. And we did it through a trade which means that we aren't risking cancelling out potential comp picks. I like that. I think this FO definitely anticipates us getting comp picks.

I still think we would have been fine with Graham as our TE, considering Koetters track record with TEs. 

Overall, I'm ok with it. But this does kind of tip our hand in the draft, as we must be going defense with our first couple if picks now..

As to Hooper - it was bungled.  He should have been traded last year before he got hurt when season was lost.   Falcons are gonna sign at least one fairly substantial free agent and enough others that it will cancel out or severely limit the comp pick.   Not re-signing Hoop was the right move but he should have been traded last year - huge error on TDs part.

2 hours ago, Drvillain said:

Yall are judging Hurst hard when his QB is mainly a running QB. He will have much more production with Ryan.  

The thing that bothers me is that typically the TE for running QB's are a safety valve target for them and put up numbers. Crumpler for Vick, Olsen for Newton, Kelce for Mahomes ect.