Falcons are going Nuclear

achin2be

2 minutes ago, achin2be said:

When you let go A lot of your key core players with big ? Marks as to if they will even be able to fill them that’s nuclear. Name another team who has made these moves recently all at once... by the way I’m not necessarily disagreeing with most of the moves but this is A big gamble. Key players needing to be filled, TE, RB, LB, DE, CB... the defense is gonna be tested by every team... God help us if we can’t stop the pass and don’t have a edge rusher that produces. I’m not a fan of letting trufant go.

There have been periods in multiple years when the defense has played better when Tru was hurt. He's a zone coverage corner and we're trying to play press man. He's a square peg for a round hole. We will play a lot more press man next year as a result of him not being here. ****, we went to the super bowl with Tru on the sidelines.

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

We will be closer to 7-1 than we will be to 1-7,,, hold me to it.. I don't think I'll hear back from you....

We‘ll see. The defense will be bad again unless we hit the jackpot in the draft on 3 starters. The offense has to make a huge jump in play calling and execution to carry the defense.

I remain sceptical.

4 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

If the Falcons don’t slay this draft, it’s going to be ugly. Not really feeling this roster even before the cuts. 

I'm a big draft fan as all know.. And I believe in TD... Fans should have been here before he got here.. Worst drafts every year.. sick.. Now we have something to look forward to knowing we are going to get good to great playes with TD and Quinn working together.

2 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

So far everything has been going the way how more than half the board predicted it would go since last October. No surprise cuts or signings so far. I'm not sure where this purge thing is coming from, lmao

This. We are cutting under performers but now we get to hear "SEE WE TOLD YOU SO PURGE!!!" Gonna be a long offseason

9 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

We‘ll see. The defense will be bad again unless we hit the jackpot in the draft on 3 starters. The offense has to make a huge jump in play calling and execution to carry the defense.

I remain sceptical.

I agree with what your say ,, But I think I know Blank enough to know He's going to make it happen.. Plus I am a believer in TD . I think they have seen the light on what we need.Give this team a couple of top pass rushers,, and watch what a change it will make.. I think they will do just that.. because I think it was so so clear to see. And then get at least one of the top DTs that can rush the QB,, Hoping we get Kinlaw... fans would be shocked to know what a differance Kinlaw what make on this D# .

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I agree with what your say ,, But I think I know Blank enough to know He's going to make it happen.. Plus I am a believer in TD . I think they have seen the light on what we need.Give this team a couple of top pass rushers,, and watch what a change it will make.. I think they will do just that.. because I think it was so so clear to see. And then get at least one of the top DTs that can rush the QB,, Hoping we get Kinlaw... fans would be shocked to know what a differance Kinlaw what make on this D# .

I like your optimism but I just don‘t see it happening. Not only would the first round draft pick be a home run, we also need to sign and top free agent pass rusher, besting out teams with much more salary cap and then have him also playing like a world beater.

And all this does not address the strange issues we have on offense and DQ losing control of the team for a huge stretches during the season.

My expectations for 2020 are that it will lead to a regime change afterwards and a very high draft pick and a complete rebuild that only some players like Julio and Grady survive. If I am wrong and we actually hit jackpot on the new players and DK and DQ get their act together and we go deep playoffs, great as well.

Just please no more 7-9 seasons.

24 minutes ago, atljbo said:

if you are going to get a pass rusher in FA... You gotta create space.... I wouldnt be suprised if we signed Addison and Bennett in FA to just put aside the D-Line and straight up  attack the draft at CB, RB,TE,LB, G, WR

Mannnn they are going to trust young DBs so you haveeeeeee to have a consistent pass rush

I totally agree with that game plan.

I dont know what switch flipped from regular season till now, but Tru went from being one of the most bitched about players on the roster to a "Surprise" cut by the folks on this board. Dude was not worth what he was slated to make especially considering that a persons best ability is availability. Dude cant stay healthy. Remember how we all complained about him lining 15 yards off-man on 3rd and 7? 

Edited by Snafu

41 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

So far everything has been going the way how more than half the board predicted it would go since last October. No surprise cuts or signings so far. I'm not sure where this purge thing is coming from, lmao

People who want to pin everything on TD.