Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheHeartless

Freeman Released

Well I'll take a different approach. Thank you FREE for  all the good memories during the good times you helped us get to the SB. I hope you handled your money well. Why do some people only talk about the mistakes? On another note someone in the FO is making some tough fiscal decisions even if DQ is BuddyBuddy with the players. That seems different for the FO

Sad to see Free go. I will always remember him on Hard Knocks just being so overwhelmed by having money. Hope the best for him going forward but it was a cut that needed to be made. Hopefully the FO learns from their mistakes after trimming the fat and creating some cap space.

Just now, Gold4425 said:

Well I'll take a different approach. Thank you FREE for  all the good memories during the good times you helped us get to the SB. I hope you handled your money well. Why do some people only talk about the mistakes? On another note someone in the FO is making some tough fiscal decisions even if DQ is BuddyBuddy with the players. That seems different for the FO

Yeah, I'll never get all the hate for Free. He ran hard and was an awesome back when healthy. He just couldn't stay healthy and was never the greatest blocker, but he was a great teammate from all accounts. I'm sure someone will pick him up and he will have a pretty good season. I just hope he doesn't have any more concussions.

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Not saying our RB core was that good before but it looks poverty af now.

Feels like they have to go RB with 1 of their first 3 picks.

We were last with him. Only place to go is up.

23 minutes ago, stizz said:

Dude sealed his deal after bullying the team into a contract SB week and then not owning up to missing that block. What happens when you hire buddies as representation. 

So he sealed his fate 3 years ago, but we waited til now to release him?

We really showed him, 20+ mil later.

37 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

a

I was Freeman's biggest fan when we drafted him.. Now I'm Hill's biggest Fan... Good luck Free..  Run Hill Run !!  ,,,  Hear fans cheer !! See Falcons Win'''  I'm sa Mad I could eat a Ice cream....:mmmhmm:

He was too much of a question mark to take up a roster spot and top spot in the RB position to not cut him. Ito Smith is already Free's replacement. We just need an all purpose back to fill in the empty spot

1 minute ago, LightningDawg58 said:

So he sealed his fate 3 years ago, but we waited til now to release him?

We really showed him, 20+ mil later.

The cap hits the last few years would have been worse if we cut him then. Also FO and coaching gave him all the chances to recover and show something on the field

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

Yeap ,, he helped us win for many years,,  But lately , he's helped us get a high draft picks.,, So see the bright side..  Thank you Freeman  for all you've done for this team ,, But it's time for you to join the fan club and jwatch our new RBs run the ball.. I'm sure you'll be a great fan too. Good luck friend.. I still am your biggest fan,,, 

18 minutes ago, stizz said:

Yes but still w/o him the RBs are even worse.

No one wants to see Hill or Ollison getting the bulk of carries.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wouldn't have been able to use a penny of the dead money till June 1st though. I'm not sure TATF understands the designation

you can use it to sign the draft class if you spend everything else, now you need to leave about 4-5 mil freed up for the rooks no matter what